What made you decide to try an Apple product?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about this. I currently own a 13" rMBP, an iPad Mini, and an iPhone 5. The iP5 everyday breaks the record for the longest span of time I've ever owned a single phone. Rewind, 2005, using a semi-transparent colored Mac for a graphic design class in high school. I hated it, despised it, and everything Apple because it wasn't Windows and didn't have right click. A few years ago though iPhone were the most popular smartphone, I hated that. I was switching between Blackberry's and Android almost monthly because I couldn't find what was right for me. Then a man I've always heard is one of the greatest innovators of our time, Steve Jobs, passed away. I thought to myself, I consider myself a techie, Jobs was considered a great innovator, the iPhone is insanely popular, I suppose I have to try it out even though I'm going to hate it because it's Apple and I hate everything Apple. Well you already know how that turned out. Later this year I also plan on purchasing the iPhone 6 and second gen iPad Air. So Steve Jobs' passing was the catalyst for me to try Apple products again, give them a fair shake, and now they are products of choice for my life and what I want and need to do with my technology. So what made you decide to try an Apple product?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon finally got the iPhone and I was hooked. Soon after that I bought myself an iMac for my 40th bday. You can teach an old dog new tricks

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I was a diehard webOS user with a total of 6 Palm pre an HP Veer and an HP Touchpad I was in it for the long haul even thou I knew our future was dim then one day the news of HP selling it's interests to LG and I made up my mind it was time to start investing in a new platform android was out of the question even thou it was open source like webOS it didn't have the polish that I needed it would have been a step backwards

I liked the cloud service of iOS and the rumored iOS 7 update getting a little of what I will be missing like Gestures and robust notifications so it was a no brainer. I've since both an Apple TV and someday I will expand to more Apple products

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It was just the sleek feel and look of the devices that drew me in, and then I discovered that the user interfaces are so smooth on iPods that I knew I had to have one.

The devices were better built and more premium looking than anything I have seen prior.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My need for an MP3 player years ago led me to an iPod. I liked the experience and quality of the product well enough that I ended up with several more , which eventually lead me to picking up the iPad and MacBook Air when I was looking for a tablet and notebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
We used Macintosh Classics in the computer lab at school in Junior High, I've been a fan ever since. Fun stuff: in college we had a bank of early OS X machines and they almost never got used because most people weren't familiar with how OS X worked. This was before Mac really hit it big. Seemed like within a couple years, everyone on campus was sporting a Macbook. And I still got easy access to the computer lab machines because everyone had a laptop then lol!

It wasn't until this year when I got a promotion (and a nice raise...) at work that I was really making enough money to be able to justify buying some Mac stuff. It made me realize I should have set money aside years ago.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
When I got to college, I wanted to listen to music on the go. The only MP3 players in the student stores were iPods, so I ended up buying an iPod.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
We used Macintosh Classics in the computer lab at school in Junior High, I've been a fan ever since. Fun stuff: in college we had a bank of early OS X machines and they almost never got used because most people weren't familiar with how OS X worked. This was before Mac really hit it big. Seemed like within a couple years, everyone on campus was sporting a Macbook. And I still got easy access to the computer lab machines because everyone had a laptop then lol!

It wasn't until this year when I got a promotion (and a nice raise...) at work that I was really making enough money to be able to justify buying some Mac stuff. It made me realize I should have set money aside years ago.

I understand the money side, I was saving up since October and then completely spaced on AppleCare, then Christmas and New Years, time off for both, and property tax, pushed my purchase back from Christmas until this past Friday. Priorities, priorities, such a pain ha ha.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So many ways people came to use an Apple product. I knew there had to be a vast number of reasons but when the replies are coming in and each one is different, it's amazing.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well everyone at my high school had an iPod touch and saying how good they were so I got one (iPod touch 3rd gen w/iOS 3.1.2) and I liked it a lot since it allowed me to browse the web and listen to music and check Facebook without using my gaming PC all the time. I also liked the music playback quality since it was louder than my other MP3 player I had at the time. Since then I've own an iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5th gen, and iPhone 5S.

I terms of a desktop computer I'll be sticking with my windows 7 gaming PC.

But when I buy any device I get the one that suits me best and so far the iPhone suits me best for mobile and windows suits me best for a computer.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly it was because of a pretty blue iPhone 5c. I'd never liked Apple and was actually a big Androidian. That's when I first saw the colorful iPhone and got curious. Day after day it sat in the case just calling to me. Since I work long hours, it really made me feel crazy. Finally after three 12 hour shifts, I caved. Called my bosses, set up a payment arrangement and got it.

My first jailbreak and tons of exploration later, I'm glad I did. Technology is to be explored, I'm a better person for the experience.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It was the best smartphone available at the time. I wanted the best cellphone and I was stuck between the iPhone 3GS and the Blackberry Bold. I decided on the 3GS and I used iPhones ever since.

This post was made by Tiffany

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods