What made you decide to try an Apple product?

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
1st comments for apple product is quality assurance that is so superb amazing like feeling corporate - rich looks totally different from all other gadgets.
2nd is imagine and high-end management services on all of product
3rd is so superb iOS and Mac Os which totally user friendly operate systems - single line is Simply the Best yet i have seen in mobile-pc world technologies.

WhiteSponge

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
My 1st Apple product was the Macbook White back in 2007. Wanted to try something different from the usual Windows laptop and I'm glad that I did :D

m4mario

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I am a software graduate for India and worked for an Indian software giant. I wanted to become an independent developer and I was initially interested in Android mainly because I did not own Macs. When I showed interest in mobile development at my company, I was asked if I would take iOS app development. I was initially reluctant because I already started learning Android. But I gave it a shot anyway and that changed my whole life. I found my new passion in life in iOS development.

1) The first thing that interested me was Objective C (the programming language). Having learnt most popular programming languages, I was struck by the design and purpose of the language.
2) Next thing that struck me was the strict restrictions that programmers had to face. Many programmers complain about this. But I really liked Apple's commitment and the pain it takes to ensure customer satisfaction.
3) Probably the biggest thing was the restrictions user faces in installing pirated apps on their devices. So in essence apple was pushing developers for the sake of users and pushing users for the sake of developers, creating a sustainable environment that many complain about while enjoying the benefits of it. This is my biggest love for apple. They really revived the music industry, created an app industry (well at least dramatically boasted it) and could probably save press, media, TV, movie, book industries if the related parties put their trust in it.

I've never looked at other platforms ever since and have my own app released in the app store.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Originally I wanted an iPod. I was going to get the iPod Classic until a friend of mine convinced me to get the iPod Touch (2nd edition).
Then I needed a new phone. I LOVED my iPod Touch so much I decided on the iPhone and it has been true love ever since!! Now Apple is a regular in our house. iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, etc. Love them!

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I loved how smooth my i5 ran, I started with BB, then Android, loved Windows, but didn't have the apps. Tried the i5 and loved it, can't wait for i6.

Overall, just how smooth iOS ran.

EggotheKilljoy

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I upload my high school's newspaper to the web each month, and the newspaper uses iMacs in their room, and after my first time using one I was hooked. Bought my Macbook Pro 13" a year ago and I'm never going back to Windows. However, I've owned iPod touches before, but after I got a Galaxy S3 I sold it and haven't gone back to iOS since. I now own a Moto X and don't plan on owning an iPhone as my main phone, but I plan on purchasing an iPad Mini at some point, and probably an iPhone 6 off contract to mess around on/get to know the OS as long as the screen on the iPhone 6 is above 4.5". 4" is way too small for me, which had kept me from switching to the iPhone from the OG HTC Evo when the iPhone came to Sprint.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I upload my high school's newspaper to the web each month, and the newspaper uses iMacs in their room, and after my first time using one I was hooked. Bought my Macbook Pro 13" a year ago and I'm never going back to Windows. However, I've owned iPod touches before, but after I got a Galaxy S3 I sold it and haven't gone back to iOS since. I now own a Moto X and don't plan on owning an iPhone as my main phone, but I plan on purchasing an iPad Mini at some point, and probably an iPhone 6 off contract to mess around on/get to know the OS as long as the screen on the iPhone 6 is above 4.5". 4" is way too small for me, which had kept me from switching to the iPhone from the OG HTC Evo when the iPhone came to Sprint.

I can comprehend the sentiment that the iPhone's screen is smaller than the competition, but it is one beautiful display. You could go ahead and get an iPhone and an iPad, at some point, for when you want a big screen. I find the iPhone's screen to be just fine for when I'm out and a about and plan to have the rMini for when I want a somewhat bigger screen when out but plan to keep the iPad Air for home/office use. So, if you consider having an iPad the iPhone's smaller screen makes much less of an impact, while still allowing you to be quite discreet.

Sent from my iRiidium rMini LTE

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Seeing my Brother and his wife constantly on their 17" MacBook Pros the old school Titanium ones back in 2001. I got to play with their laptops and I had to have one of course only being in 7th grade back in 2001 I couldn't really afford the price tag and my parents would have laughed at me LOL. In 9th grade I finally convinced my dad to get me a PowerBook G3 with the bronze keys off of eBay (still one of my favorite laptops) then in 2007 got my iPhone and 2008 a brand new Black MacBook then I took a hiatus from Apple after getting fed with the lack of features like acadia11 mentioned so I sold my iPhone 3G and got a Blackberry Bold 9000 then went into a crazed obsession after buying my OG Droid on Verizon and four Android phones later I have my 5s and MBP, I honestly don't see myself switching to another platform again because Apple just gets UI and fluidity.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my 1st iPod in 2001 when it was released because I was tired of carrying CDs around and I fell in love. Then, I got sick of my Sony Vaio & just wanted something different. So I decided to buy my 1st Macbook in 2006. I never wanted an iPhone, but mid 2012 when Sprint let me down for the last time I stopped in a small Verizon store & all the had in stock was the iPhone 4S and the Droid Razr. Got the 4S then replaced it a few months later with the 5, now I have a 5S and haven't looked back. Apple products just work and they make my life that much simpler.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
In 2003 I wanted an MP3 player and everyone told me the iPod sucked. So I tried most MP3 players other than that at the time. I hated them all. I got a third gen iPod (the one with the light up orange buttons) and was shocked to find everyone had been telling me lies. I couldn't put it down after I got it. I even suffered music match software on Windows before iTunes was brought over. From that period to January 2007 I went through more cell phones than I could possibly ever try to remember. I was always on a quest for something "better". I could never figure it out but I just always got bored of or hated my phone sometimes within days of getting a new one.

Then I saw the iPhone in January 2007. I was consumed by it for 6 long months. I lined up on day one. Didn't need MMS then, I don't even use it today. Now I'm here.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
as far as I can recall my first Apple product must have been an iPod nano (back when the screens were black and white). That already got me hooked because the MP3 players I had bought and used before were across the board crap. The iPod was beautiful, sleek and just playing in a completely different league. I then basically updated my iPod each year and became fond of the Apple brand. When iPhone was introduced I was very curious but regardless waited two further generations till the 3GS which then ultimately turned out to become my absolute gateway drug to the Apple ecosystem. What followed was my first MacBook in 2010 and iPad 2 to round it off in 2011. I'll admit that since Steve's passing I have invested much more time into Apple related books, articles and as a result am a huge admirer of Apple (products), probably more than ever.

EggotheKilljoy

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I can comprehend the sentiment that the iPhone's screen is smaller than the competition, but it is one beautiful display. You could go ahead and get an iPhone and an iPad, at some point, for when you want a big screen. I find the iPhone's screen to be just fine for when I'm out and a about and plan to have the rMini for when I want a somewhat bigger screen when out but plan to keep the iPad Air for home/office use. So, if you consider having an iPad the iPhone's smaller screen makes much less of an impact, while still allowing you to be quite discreet.

I'm might buy the retina iPad Mini here soon, within the next couple months if I do. Either that, or I might wait until the next gen one is released depends on which one I have the money for first. For the iPhone, I'll for sure wait until the iPhone 6 or whenever they increase the screen size, and probably buy it off contract as a backup phone.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm might buy the retina iPad Mini here soon, within the next couple months if I do. Either that, or I might wait until the next gen one is released depends on which one I have the money for first. For the iPhone, I'll for sure wait until the iPhone 6 or whenever they increase the screen size, and probably buy it off contract as a backup phone.

I hope for you then, that they do indeed increase the screen size in the iPhone 6. I sure as heck know most people here think that'll happen. It'll be a big disappointment if the screen size doesn't increase notably.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I owned several Toshiba laptops in the early 00's...they were atrocious, cheaply made junk, but they offered what I needed for the money I was willing to spend. After growing tired of having to have them serviced (by Geek Squad no less, which was a headache in itself), I wanted something different. My sister had bought a Macbook in 2006, and was very happy with it, expressing how much she enjoyed using it and how she would never go back.

I went to the Apple store a few months afterwards to check out what they had. The stores at that point were very different than they are now...not as chaotic, a lot more one on one walk in service, and having owned an iPod for some time before that (that i bought online), I kind of had an idea that their products were on a different level (especially given the cost, which to me was pretty high back then).

I sat down with one of the employees in the Apple store and he walked me through EVERYTHING...but at that time, Macs were still limited on what they could replace when it came to a very deeply rooted Windows based world. I was worried there would be things that I would not be able to do...until the gentleman showed me the machine running both OSX and Windows XP...I was sold. This was my way out. The price was still high, but after understanding the service I would be provided with the product, and the fact that the OS instantly struck me as inviting and nice to use, I was hooked.

I can't really say that the iPod I had so many years before represented any real decision for me to "try" Apple...it was more of a lack of option when it came to high storage MP3 devices. I really liked it, but it never made me want to buy anything else Apple related.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When they released an unlocked iPhone.

I hate contracts and being tied down. I'll pay extra so that I don't have to be locked down.

(At this point, it's actually cheaper for me to buy my own devices.)

boobsandbacon

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It was my growing frustration with windows mobile 6.1 and my experience with windows vista that made me go apple. First the original iphone and then a MacBook despite the windows PC I built being way more powerful

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2