I want to keep using ios, but fear lock in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've mentioned this before. Are there moderators at iMore? The tone this thread has taken would never be allowed at Android Central. I won't say whether or not that is good or bad, just an observation.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Let's clean up this discussion and move on. Please... Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Anything you guy from iTunes like videos or music are saved into your computer hard drive so you can put it anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Or you should grow up and quit being a pest. I can post whatever the hell I want, and frankly I wonder who in the hell you think you are ?

I'm amazed you haven't been moded yet. Heck, maybe you have.

But your just a troll, and this conversation is over.

Oh, and reported.

There's an easy way to make this happen...stop creating threads (and really, posting in general).

Trolling? Really? There's a fix for that. IGNORE us. You'll never see our posts again. Unless you change sides/opinion on that subject, too.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
To those who buy off iTunes , don't you ever fear the lock in?

I'm locked in and I like it. It's nice to have access to so many things from my phone. If I'm traveling and I forgot to load something boom it's there in the cloud. It would be nice if I could port all my iBooks and paid apps and movies to another system, but frankly I don't plan on it so why worry about it. Steve Jobs was a great man, and he was an important part of Apple, but he wasn't Apple. I believe that Apple will continue to delight us for many years to come, and I have no worries of losing my DRM-riddled content.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm locked in and I like it. It's nice to have access to so many things from my phone. If I'm traveling and I forgot to load something boom it's there in the cloud. It would be nice if I could port all my iBooks and paid apps and movies to another system, but frankly I don't plan on it so why worry about it. Steve Jobs was a great man, and he was an important part of Apple, but he wasn't Apple. I believe that Apple will continue to delight us for many years to come, and I have no worries of losing my DRM-riddled content.

If you change devices down the road, say, to Android, you would be singing a different tune. And don't be surprised if one day you come to the same crossroad you so ardently said you wouldn't come to. Lock in is a valid reason for not buying something and certain people have that concern. You may not feel it affects you but it is a concern nevertheless. That much is true.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If you change devices down the road, say, to Android, you would be singing a different tune. And don't be surprised if one day you come to the same crossroad you so ardently said you wouldn't come to. Lock in is a valid reason for not buying something and certain people have that concern. You may not feel it affects you but it is a concern nevertheless. That much is true.

And that's what I mean. I might be OK with my iPhone and iPad now, but who knows 3 years from now? Heck, even a year from now. Android is looking better and better every year.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

And that's why I only buy songs off of iTunes cause those are DRM free.
I would though love to see a cross platform App Store so you just buy an app once and you can download it to your iOS, android, windows phone or blackberry devices.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And that's what I mean. I might be OK with my iPhone and iPad now, but who knows 3 years from now? Heck, even a year from now. Android is looking better and better every year.

Then go to Android. They’d be glad/proud to have you. Still SMH.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
IOS is addictive in that way.

I think with iOS you can at least take for granted the experience. You like or dislike it but you KNOW what it will be. Because of Androids fragmentation the same can't be said for that camp, unless you find and buy a Nexus device (I know of at least 2 major US carriers that don't sell them). I think that's, at least, part of the reason.

Sent from my Haalcyon iPad Air LTE 

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Then the answer is don't buy vids from iTunes.
Even if I were to say I'm done with iOS devices. I'll always have a Mac for Apple content and a Apple TV. All you need is one device to enjoy the content.
It doesn't have to be all or nothing. You can have Apple and Android if you choose. Plenty if users do. It's not that deep. Enjoy both platforms if you desire.
I enjoy Amazon instant content but if I needed a Kindle Fire to play it I wouldn't get a Kindle Fire because Amazon doesn't have that much of a difference in content from Apple or Netflix. Just a few titles.
For me there's is nothing that Android has that I feel I'm missing out on but customization. But I've been there with Android and I just don't have time for that. No one would care if I have a orange keyboard on my phone but me. When I was on Android I didn't even care.
My vibe is set it , forget it, next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices