5S or Samsung S5

Caleb Pelton

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm late to the party, but maybe someone else will look at this. I made the move from iOS to a Galaxy S4. I didn't last long. The bigger screen and goody features weren't enough to try to overcome the cumbersome TouchWiz interface. From what I have seen, the S5 is just a beefed up S4.

I would suggest looking at the Nexus line. I now have a Nexus 5 and I love it. Updates aren't a factor because Google pushes them to Nexus first. It has all the features I want and non of the overlay, just vanilla android.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Well the Galaxy S5 looks like a bandaid, so there's that.

Hahahaha didn't even think of that but you are totally right. Makes me see that phone in a new light. Lmfao

I have the S4 and I am in the boat that you were in Caleb. I am thinking of going nexus because of touchwiz but I'm worried that I'll miss some of the features like that dual screen thing and the video overlay but I'd prefer to have a phone that gets updated at least once a year...instead once MAYBE twice over its lifetime.
Then again the iPhone 6 is looking pretty sharp.

As far as the 5S goes...I've never been a fan of the S models. They are minor physical upgrades that Apple uses, IMO, to 'test the waters'. I don't think I'll ever buy an S model.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I think it also depends on how often the OP upgrades. No reason not to try the s5 if Android is your thing, but if the phone has to last you multiple years I'd rather have an iOS device. I'm a 5s fan so it's hard not to recommend it.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
To me the s5 looks like it should be called the s4s. It looks like a polished up version of the s4. I'm thinking apple is going to blow them apart in the fall. I think the s5 will sell well but apple isn't going to need much to compete with that. Sorry but it's true

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
To me the s5 looks like it should be called the s4s. It looks like a polished up version of the s4. I'm thinking apple is going to blow them apart in the fall. I think the s5 will sell well but apple isn't going to need much to compete with that. Sorry but it's true

Sent from my iPhone 5s

I don't know that water proof 3 feet things is interesting ... Finger scanner now and heart rate .. inferred 5.1 screen I hope apple comes out swinging

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know that water proof 3 feet things is interesting ... Finger scanner now and heart rate .. inferred 5.1 screen I hope apple comes out swinging

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

They will! I have a good feeling about the 6, and not just because I'm an apple fanboy lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hmm 5S has crashed twice in one day.Like my previous iphones have in the past.Emails not coming through unless email app is opened.All settings are fine.
S5 not one glitch yet.
Still undecided but not pleased with the 5S at the moment.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmm 5S has crashed twice in one day.Like my previous iphones have in the past.Emails not coming through unless email app is opened.All settings are fine.
S5 not one glitch yet.
Still undecided but not pleased with the 5S at the moment.

Hmmm have you updated your 5s to the latest OS version, I know 7.1 fixed a lot of the crashing...

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm have you updated your 5s to the latest OS version, I know 7.1 fixed a lot of the crashing...

Ah no i haven't yet. Should of done that when i got it. Been busy at work so haven't thought about it yet.Hope it should work. Hope it fixes my emails too.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah no i haven't yet. Should of done that when i got it. Been busy at work so haven't thought about it yet.Hope it should work. Hope it fixes my emails too.

Okay , try that and maybe come back to report on your findings. I will be looking forward to your feedback.

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Okay , try that and maybe come back to report on your findings. I will be looking forward to your feedback.

I did the update and haven't stopped using the 5s. No crashes yet.
Email notification still does what it wants. Only shows on lockscreen and notification menu sometimes. :S

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did the update and haven't stopped using the 5s. No crashes yet.
Email notification still does what it wants. Only shows on lockscreen and notification menu sometimes. :S

Yup the lock screen email notifications does that for me as well, often in fact, and I chalk that up to a poorly designed and programmed system for notifications. Apple doesn't have the best notifications system to save their lives unfortunately...

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yup the lock screen email notifications does that for me as well, often in fact, and I chalk that up to a poorly designed and programmed system for notifications. Apple doesn't have the best notifications system to save their lives unfortunately...

Yeah. My older iPhones in the past seemed to receive emails faster. Oh well I'll just put up with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh