5S or Samsung S5

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Pardon me for not reading the entire thread, but I absolutely hate Samsung, look at the money you are paying for the hardware you are getting in return. Absolutely cheap plastic ..specs are another thing all together, and adding more cores just for the heck of it is just plain stupid. It's like creating a car that runs on a new kind of fuel which is yet to be invented. You have the car, but you can't use it.
Of late, I have learned slowly to like Apple products. It gives you value for money. It is considered premium and the OS is robust. The Eco system is super strong too. So, if I were you, I would go for the iPhone 5S

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pardon me for not reading the entire thread, but I absolutely hate Samsung, look at the money you are paying for the hardware you are getting in return. Absolutely cheap plastic ..specs are another thing all together, and adding more cores just for the heck of it is just plain stupid. It's like creating a car that runs on a new kind of fuel which is yet to be invented. You have the car, but you can't use it.
Of late, I have learned slowly to like Apple products. It gives you value for money. It is considered premium and the OS is robust. The Eco system is super strong too. So, if I were you, I would go for the iPhone 5S

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

64bit processors and multi cores are interchangeable in this argument.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well one of them will have a bigger screen, the other one works. You choose.

Kidding aside, you need several Android phones in order to say that "it had that for years" or "you can do this too" ---- or you can just own one iPhone, and just in case future iPhones have a new feature or design, more likely then not you'll have it on your 5S as well (the 64bid architecture makes that possible - no need to get a new phone) spoken from a 4.5 year old experience using the 3GS from day it was released til I was able to get iPhone 5S, I was impressed how much my 3GS has changed (virtually) over the years I owned it, and on top of that, BEST BUY gave $100 for my old, scratched up, used up, dinged up iPhone 3GS when I was ready to buy the 5S. So the value of the iDevice the day you sell it is just as impressive is the day you bought it.

I stay with the iOS products specifically for the minimalist, organized, and dependent values. Design is always superb - even through the ages after new models came out, each has it's x-factor that stacks up not just against competition, but the new iPhone models. But, as I glance into the Android OS out of curiosity, it is short lived the moment you unlock the screen - Pages of Bloat, Inconsistent Menu's and Outdated OS on a NEW device - the worst is the entire OS is fighting itself to get your attention by the three "governments" within: Google, Manufacturer, Carrier - they all got their versions of the redundant bloat conflicting with the others: SmartStay wont work outside Samsung app. Smart pause only works within its player. Google now is getting pushed back by a useless S-voice. Verizon/AT&T got their idea of payment methods. Samsung got their own idea of resource management. Yet you still need antivirus $$, another keyboard software $$, and a root just to get rid of all "the voices in your phone"...

I rather have a product that the entire team has concentrated on, then a product thats part of a line up of other 15 products where the think-tank resources were rationed. I mean what other tech company invests into a sapphire production industry to make a phone? While others cant think of another spec to slap on, one company consolidates into a 64bit architecture and leaps a year forward (not to mention, nearly perfect biometric technology, house automation, in-car integration) and still keep a slim, clean design that include abilities that 4 or 5 Android put together, and if that's not enough - be able to do all that with sometimes half the specs then the competition.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I say go to the Apple store or somewhere and play with the 5S, then check out the S5 when it comes out. You'll know which phone will suit your needs once they are in your hands. Good Luck!!!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Go iPhone 5S, if you like the feel of the phone and Apple's design principles, it will pay off in those ways.

Go Samsung S5, if you want a bigger screen and a more flexible ecosystem.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 4s that's started doing funny things. I'm not a big fan of the look of ios 7 so i'll definitely consider my android options. In fact i already made searched the android catalog to see if i'd be missing any apps. Every app had i use was in the android store except downcast and i'm sure i could find and adequete podcast app. I haven't decided if i'll switch but it's definitely gonna be considered.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
IME, the android versions of apps are not quite as polished/featured as their iOS sisters.

Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess it all depends on what kind of phone you would like to use and if you wanna go for change or stick with apple? It's your choice

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

kevin619

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
They're both great phones. You can't go wrong with either one. I would love an iPhone similar in size to the GS4 with the ability to customize a bit more than iOS currently allows (I want to choose my own font. I promise not to use comic sans irresponsibly!). The only things I didn't like about the GS4 when I had it were 1) the audio with headphones wasn't as good as an iPhone (that's a biggie to me), 2) not every song I have in iTunes could be played on the GS4 and 3) the amount of carrier crap loaded on to the phone is a disgrace.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
They're both great phones. You can't go wrong with either one. I would love an iPhone similar in size to the GS4 with the ability to customize a bit more than iOS currently allows (I want to choose my own font. I promise not to use comic sans irresponsibly!). The only things I didn't like about the GS4 when I had it were 1) the audio with headphones wasn't as good as an iPhone (that's a biggie to me), 2) not every song I have in iTunes could be played on the GS4 and 3) the amount of carrier crap loaded on to the phone is a disgrace.

They are talking about the soon to be released Samsung Galaxy S5. :)

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
if u love big screen more customization more fun then gonna get droid when S5 come........ !!!
if u r Apple Product lover than get iPhone5S (its not phone its iPhone) - Simply the Best -

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally I'd wait it out until the galaxy's line is announced and see of you like it first. There isn't that much time left

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums