Which cloud based music storage do you use?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Which cloud based music storage solution do you guys use? iTunes Match? Amazon cloud? Google music?

I originally used google music, and still have my music in there, bit I'm trying out amazons cloud player because I wanted something that would work with more devices I might get like a sonos or something.

Naturally I considered iTunes Match a lot, but I've just been hearing slit of negative things about its matching and etc. so I decided to try out amazons 250 songs free instead .

What do you guys use?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use google music because all of the music that I add to iTunes on my MacBook and iMac is directly synced with google music.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I went ahead and subscribed to iTunes Match. I'm going to give it a go and see how it works out. I still might end up going amazon because of more app support on devices, but I want to see how match works out. I'm noticing that I'm having some issues getting album art to show up.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had a Cloud Music service of ANY kind here in Singapore, it really blows that not even Google or Apple releases Listen or Match here...

Where's the Love?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had iTunes Match for a few years now and it works best since we buy most music through iTunes and my family is on iPhones, iPads and iPods. I also have my music on Google as well to synced with my android devices. It's easy to keep the two synced up so I figure, why not keep both? I tried amazon a long time ago. I didn't really care for it plus I don't have a need for it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Amazon Cloud. The few things I can't buy on CD with AutoRip from Amazon, I just buy from iTunes. Upload that to Amazon Cloud and everything is nice and synced.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I was having frustrations with iTunes Match getting album art and etc, so I also subscribed to amazon cloud premium. And while I did get better album art matching , it still wasn't perfect. So I guess neither is perfect and I might have wasted 25 bucks on amazon when I just got match-_-

Not a lot of money, but still .

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any tips to have iTunes Match do matching better? Because I have albums that didn't match that I know is in there catalog.

Is there a way to tell what's been matched and what hasn't been?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any tips to have iTunes Match do matching better? Because I have albums that didn't match that I know is in there catalog.

Is there a way to tell what's been matched and what hasn't been?

The more info the better, also the more correct the info is the better.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use Amazon Cloud. The few things I can't buy on CD with AutoRip from Amazon, I just buy from iTunes. Upload that to Amazon Cloud and everything is nice and synced.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How do you find the amazon music app to be on iOS?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually thinking google music might be the best option since it's storage is free and they now have a iOS app. Also, having the ability to access my music from any browser is a benefit. With match, I would need to have itunes installed.

And amazons cloud player just seems like overkill on the storage amount for me. And there app dosemt seem as slick as googles on iOS.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
How do you find the amazon music app to be on iOS?

It works pretty great. I have my iPod synced to a BT speaker and use that in place of a stereo. Compared to the Android version, the iOS Cloud Player takes a fraction of a second longer to open initially. It isn't really problematic, just noticeable. I don't have a huge library so I keep everything store on the iPod. Amazon has done a fairly good job of matching CDs/iTunes albums to cover art that it doesn't have in its library.

The iOS version seems to do a better job of matching the music together though. For some reason on my Android apps, my copy of Don't Look Back by Boston is broken into two separate CDs (? there is only one 8 track CD for this album?) but it doesn't do that on iOS. A couple of my Christmas CDs have weird breaks (extra CDs etc that aren't on the actual album) but I'll excuse that for being obscure Christmas albums.

Not to sure about how Amazon figures my music should be broken into genre. I have Foreigner's discography but the only "classic rock" album is Mr. Moonlight, and the rest of it is mixed between "Rock" and "Pop"

Sound quality is great though.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been considering iTunes Match, but google music does a great job, gives you a ton of storage for free and is easier to access outside iOS too, like from any browser and that's a plus.

Tapatalkeando

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Subscribed to iTunes Match right after I got my iPhone, haven't regretted it at all.

Load your music from a CD into iTunes on your desktop, and a few minutes later it's automagically available on all your devices. Completely invisible process and no extra app or finagling required. Can't get easier than that.

Back when I had Android devices, I used Google Play for them (naturally) for the direct integration with Android devices. Having used both at one time or another, I actually like iTunes Match more for the ease of use and 'it just works' factor.

I haven't used Amazon's version, so I cannot comment on it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the closer integration with ios is appealing, but with something like this wouldn't I want better accessibility with more devices and ways to get at it like with web browsers? I mean, I'm not 100 percent sure I'll always be using a apple product .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro