What do you want to see from Apple in 2014?

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Since we will be starting a new year soon, I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone thinks Apple should do in the new year.

What do you want to see from Apple in 2014?

What products and services are you hoping get updated?

What brand new products and services would you like to see?

Please explain why you feel these products and services are important.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with the size of the current iPhone, I hope it's not bigger...

I want to see more laptops and less tablets, so hopefully some more Macbook options. I have no interest in tablets, I need a really powerful machine in a laptop form to run my graphics suite on there and a tablet would never cut that mustard, plus i have no desire to tote another item around in the abyss of this bag.

I will be curious to see an "iWatch" which I hope is not huge or hideous, which seems to be the way those things go.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with the size of the current iPhone, I hope it's not bigger...

I want to see more laptops and less tablets, so hopefully some more Macbook options. I have no interest in tablets, I need a really powerful machine in a laptop form to run my graphics suite on there and a tablet would never cut that mustard, plus i have no desire to tote another item around in the abyss of this bag.

I will be curious to see an "iWatch" which I hope is not huge or hideous, which seems to be the way those things go.

I agree that it's time for a MacBook refresh. I'm also interested in seeing what's new with the MacBook line.

I think big watches are just a fad now with watches in general, even those not smart. Many current women's watches are bigger than men's watches from 20 years ago. But I think watch sizes are cyclical, and we'll see smaller watches again, just like a lot of other fashion trends make a comeback.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just simply a better iOS with a better notifications system that is as intuitive as a BlackBerry ' s or even Android' s..

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
How about you, though? I know there are a lot of articles about rumoured products, but I'm interested in hearing what iMore members would like to see personally.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

you are right sir i just send to read more and its obviously want list from iMore

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see them update iTunes and iOS 7 so playlists can be successfully transferred to my phone without:

Unchecking sync music
Apply
Unplug phone from PC
Plug back in
Sync music
Manually add music
Hit sync

That would be nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
New next Gen. Apple TV
Mac book Air 11" with more storage and memory
new fresh lookout iPhone 6 with big display
is apple thinking for calling iPad

seanwplandry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see some new features for iOS and iPhones. Like the ability to chose light or dark themes as they have on blackberry, a better notification hub, I would also like to see them bring on some of the features that the samsung galaxy s 4 has. I know a few people who have s4 and there are a few features I wish iPhone had, like the wave your hand over your phone to answer or check the time when it is locked.

I also think a iWatch would be nice too but nothing to big and bulky

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a farfetched idea but I think it would be awesome if apple implemented something similar to the moto maker where you can order custom iPhones directly from Apple.

Also I need a bigger sized option at least 4.7" to 5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For me I am locked in for the next 2 years and when you have their latest in the the 5S and don't mind. I just hope they listen and the next phone they come out with no matter the name that they give a good deal of thought to the consumer and trends this time and give them in order of importance of consumer requests and what they can do and maintain their usual good tastes and give the consumer and good looking, well designed, solid phone that will take them to the next level and totally seperate them from the competition. Mainly i think this is the perfect time that if they are going to give us a new phone with a larger display, This is when they do it and make it sensible that everyone will like.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just simply a better iOS with a better notifications system that is as intuitive as a BlackBerry ' s or even Android' s..
Surely you are just kidding right about an IOS better than BB and Android?? Notifications will always be a part of the OS that will undergo changes as needed but won't be done because of the competitors you mention and more because of what the consumer needs, asks for and makes good sense for Apple to include in the OS on a brand new phone.

My answer to you is not total disagreement in that I only am not agreeing with the word intuitive as the others you mention.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Surely you are just kidding right about an IOS better than BB and Android?? Notifications will always be a part of the OS that will undergo changes as needed but won't be done because of the competitors you mention and more because of what the consumer needs, asks for and makes good sense for Apple to include in the OS on a brand new phone.

My answer to you is not total disagreement in that I only am not agreeing with the word intuitive as the others you mention.

Precisely the customers asked for a notifications system but however I feel Apple hasn't really placed a good implemention on there yet. It feels far less intuitive than what I see on my Android and other phones, besides Windows Phone...

Sure, they added it in, but I have to say they need to really put more polish and change a little of how they placed the elements there. As it stands, I can't really give a wholehearted recommendation.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Stay The Course is what I want...I've grown to really like Apple's yearly improvements and implementations, they feel solid to me, and that is what I want in 2014.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't need/want a bigger screen. I would like to see a new iPhone hardware design, which I am assuming we will see judging by their track record (new model, s version, new model, s version, etc). I am excited to see what the newest line will look like.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't need/want a bigger screen. I would like to see a new iPhone hardware design, which I am assuming we will see judging by their track record (new model, s version, new model, s version, etc). I am excited to see what the newest line will look like.
What design changes of the hardware would you like to see?

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd be fine with a bigger screened but NOT a physically larger iPhone. Reduce the side bezels to increase screen real estate but the physical size is perfect as is. Sure, release a monster sized version in addition for those who like phablets.

Apple TV needs to make the jump from hobbyist toy to full fledged TV market disruption. And I'm not talking about an actual TV set, make the set top box a game changer by lining up subscription deals with content providers and letting people get cable TV content with a monthly subscription tied to my Apple account *A LA CARTE*, and not have to go through bundled deals with cable companies. Add in an app store, Siri, and Facetime integration, and it would be the next big game changer in the TV market akin to what the original iPhone did to the phone market. If they really want to go all out, support controller integration (present in iOS7) and make it into a decent game console as well.

I'm 'meh' on an iWatch. I don't wear a watch currently as is and wouldn't intend on getting a smart watch unless it had a killer 'must have' feature, of which I cannot think of anything that would qualify at the moment. But that's just me.

I'd like to see a refreshed Mac Mini. I've never owned a Mac before, but if I did, an updated version of the Mini would make the perfect entry level OSX device to get my feet wet. If it has the juice to play some of my favorite mid-ranged specced games, I'd be sold. And it would be a perfect companion to an Apple TV to load up my entire video library into and stream to my big screen TV.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR