Honestly, I just want a streamer that works. There's a ton of channels on roku I know I'll never use, and I didn't like the stream quality on net flicks. It seemed like Apple TV had a better quality stream.

So , I'm going to go to vest but today and exchange it for the Apple TV again. I think I'll be happier with that choice. And if I come back on here and lament the purchase, please slap me :P
    01-02-2014 11:58 AM
    Honestly, I just want a streamer that works. There's a ton of channels on roku I know I'll never use, and I didn't like the stream quality on net flicks. It seemed like Apple TV had a better quality stream.

So , I'm going to go to vest but today and exchange it for the Apple TV again. I think I'll be happier with that choice. And if I come back on here and lament the purchase, please slap me :P
    Many say that Best Buy monitors exchanges/returns. Just sayin'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-02-2014 12:15 PM
    As far as streaming quality I can't compare ATV to anything else. Apple TV is all I've ever had.
    When I first got it back in April and streamed HBO GO from my 4S I was amazed with the quality. So much I forgot I was streaming. So it wasn't necessary to look at any other streamers.
    All of the other content that Roku offers is cool but I don't have time to watch the content on Netflix as much as I would like to.
    01-02-2014 01:19 PM
    Yeah, I see your point. I think it's mostly that I want to make absolutely sure that I have the best thing or the thing that I think performs the best or best suits my needs.

And I admit when I buy something or think about buying something, I read up on what others think. And if enough people prefer own thing over the other, that sways my decision.
    I completely understand...but truly you must understand that what other people say about stuff may not lend you to the right answer in this. Your "sway" may be a misinformed one...for instance, I prefer the Western Digital TV Live, but mainly because I don't need it to communicate with my iPhone or Macbook Pro at all for anything, I just need it to be able to run every file type I throw at it from my network storage, and also, to have the ability to run Netflix and other common apps you find on any of these devices.

Me telling you to get one would be useless to you if you preferred something with AirPlay support (or something relevant to it) because it has none.

Most of these devices have a generous enough return policy that you REALLY need to put some investment (time) into them to make sure they work across the spectrum of your needs. You simply can't do that with a day or two's worth of usage, you've barely cracked the surface at that point, and you'd really REALLY be doing yourself a disservice by exchanging it when you may find that the original device does just what you want.

I guess all I'm saying is this...slow down bit...if you're actually buying this stuff, USE it...don't just dab it on your tongue and pack it back up, actually get the full flavor to see if it works or not.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    01-02-2014 01:24 PM
    Many say that Best Buy monitors exchanges/returns. Just sayin'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They can monitor whatever they want...if my product falls within guidelines, I don't care if you return something 100 times for exchange, they should do it with a smile.
    01-02-2014 01:33 PM
55 123