12 Days of Gifts

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Contact Apple and ask them for a refund of your purchase price.
Free "crap" is still "crap" ... the disappointment of thinking you might rate something worthwhile and receiving "crap" remains the same.
It's the equivalent of giving your wife or girlfriend a $5 dollar gift card to Tiffany's. Try doing that sometime and see the reaction you get ...

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm 61 years old, and they give me Sesame Street? BWAHAHA !!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/04/aje4ema6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using apps

/facepalm

Guess what, lots of people with kids probably think it's a great freebie. Maybe you should write Apple and tell them to give freebies based on your demographic. Even better, get it for your grand kids.

Guess the saying goes, "you can't please everybody"

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
0 for 10....and counting.

I disagree. Rayman Run, Hugo, the diaries of a wimpy kid book, and the Sesame Street episode are pretty quality freebies. Especially if you have kids.

I don't see a way that Apple could give freebies to cater to every demographic imaginable without someone griping.

I will agree with you that the song choices are a bit weak, but everything else is pretty solid...if you're in the demographic that can get value out of it. Looks like a lot of the freebies are being targeted to the kid/teen crowd. Maybe Apple knows their primary market well ;).

I think that expecting your age group to be solely catered to is a tad bit unreasonable.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Dangit, Apple offered a great productivity app instead of a game as their free app of the week. I play more games than use productivity apps on my iOS devices. Apple should be ashamed of not offering what I like every week, and they shouldn't bother giving away an app every week at all because it doesn't cater to my use case. Can you believe they have the gall to offer kids apps on some weeks!? What am I going to do with a kids app? What a stupid deal, I feel ripped off!

/s, in case you didn't get it.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Dangit, Apple offered a great productivity app instead of a game as their free app of the week. I play more games than use productivity apps on my iOS devices. Apple should be ashamed of not offering what I like every week, and they shouldn't bother giving away an app every week at all because it doesn't cater to my use case. Can you believe they have the gall to offer kids apps on some weeks!? What am I going to do with a kids app? What a stupid deal, I feel ripped off!

/s, in case you didn't get it.

I think you over did it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Some of you would complain about getting $10 cash handed to you because it was two $5 bills instead of a single sawbuck.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. Rayman Run, Hugo, the diaries of a wimpy kid book, and the Sesame Street episode are pretty quality freebies. Especially if you have kids.

I don't see a way that Apple could give freebies to cater to every demographic imaginable without someone griping.

I will agree with you that the song choices are a bit weak, but everything else is pretty solid...if you're in the demographic that can get value out of it. Looks like a lot of the freebies are being targeted to the kid/teen crowd. Maybe Apple knows their primary market well ;).

I think that expecting your age group to be solely catered to is a tad bit unreasonable.

Not expecting my "age group" to be solely catered to, but it would be nice if it wasn't geared towards the 15 and under group exclusively. Also, as stated before, I hate to complain about anything free, it just would be nice if they have away something decent. Maybe they will yet....it's just not looking good.

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded a few of the gifts because they were free..

But I think as a final gift, apple should do something more universal.. And the most universal thing I can think of is $$$ or a App Store credit!

Here's hoping!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded a few of the gifts because they were free..

But I think as a final gift, apple should do something more universal.. And the most universal thing I can think of is $$$ or a App Store credit!

Here's hoping!

Never. Gonna. Happen.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This crab game is nice I get a kick out of all the crab kids following me along. On level 5 already

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB