I use Verizon as my ISP and recently received a notification via email of changes to their email settings. They have a set up guide on their site or you can manually change the settings. For iOS devices going to settings>mail contacts and calendars and selecting your Verizon mail account will get you to the settings that need to be changed.
    I found that changing the settings manually doesn't work but deleting your Verizon account and adding it again does and the correct settings will be there. I think anyone setting up a iOS device as new in the last month and adding a Verizon email shouldn't have to worry about this. The settings on a Mac would have to be changed also. I would try the same thing. Deleting and adding the account.

#Naked Tuesday
    rdiddy_25 likes this.
    12-09-2013 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I'm sure this will help some folks!
    12-09-2013 10:42 AM
    This is for people who use Verizon Communications as an Internet Service provider... as opposed to Verizon Wireless as a cellular provider... Verizon Wireless as a cellular provider doesn't provide its own email services...
    12-09-2013 10:51 AM
    What changes did they make? Did they change to imap from pop? That would be a worthwhile change.
    I have FIOS so I do have email through Verizon but I haven't gotten any email from them. But I also have all my Verizon email forwarded to gmail since gmail has a much better spam filter and that's about all my Verizon account gets these days.
    12-09-2013 10:56 AM
    Yes. Just Verizon as a ISP and using a Verizon email account. The settings on my iPad 2 were already changed because I restored it as new and not from a backup sometime in mid October and added the Verizon account. The settings on my iPhone were not changed because I restored from my old 4s backup in September.

#Naked Tuesday
    12-09-2013 11:01 AM
    What changes did they make? Did they change to imap from pop? That would be a worthwhile change.
    I have FIOS so I do have email through Verizon but I haven't gotten any email from them. But I also have all my Verizon email forwarded to gmail since gmail has a much better spam filter and that's about all my Verizon account gets these days.
    These are the changes.

#Naked Tuesday
    12-09-2013 11:03 AM