iPhone 5S or the Moto X?

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what the OP decided to get. I do like my Moto X a lot but when I'm out with it alone I still feel the itch for my iPhone. Lots of good comparisons here on what features people like and are using, very interesting.

I used to swap back n forth. But with the crazy cold n snowy weather up north, I gravitated toward the iphone only because of my lifeproof case. I don't swap anymore tho. I have unlimited data, and every time I swap devices, it always seems to cause unnecessary hassle to keep my plan, then I end up having to call customer service to make sure they didn't con me into losing it.

Make one mistake and a rep will tell you you lost it forever! Beware!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I used to swap back n forth. But with the crazy cold n snowy weather up north, I gravitated toward the iphone only because of my lifeproof case. I don't swap anymore tho. I have unlimited data, and every time I swap devices, it always seems to cause unnecessary hassle to keep my plan, then I end up having to call customer service to make sure they didn't con me into losing it.

Make one mistake and a rep will tell you you lost it forever! Beware!

LifeProof also makes a case for the Samsung S4 (not that you'd want to downgrade to that).

Sent from my 64GB Platinum 5s

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Right answer! Lol!

To me, Samsung represents a ridiculously cheap feeling plastic, ginormous, gimmicky, copy cat line of devices. They literally have no goal with their products, except to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks!

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
To me, Samsung represents a ridiculously cheap feeling plastic, ginormous, gimmicky, copy cat line of devices. They literally have no goal with their products, except to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks!

I can certainly see how one may come away with that impression. The Samsung phone I had most recently was a Note 3. Some useful utility there but little build quality details put me off. Like the use of plastic meant to simulate more premium materials and the loose fitting home button that didn't sit straight.

These are slip-ups you're not likely to ever see Apple make and, with me, that impression leaves a positive impression in Apple's favor. For me, right now, it's full-on Apple season, though I'm loyal to no brand.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can certainly see how one may come away with that impression. The Samsung phone I had most recently was a Note 3. Some useful utility there but little build quality details put me off. Like the use of plastic meant to simulate more premium materials and the loose fitting home button that didn't sit straight.

These are slip-ups you're not likely to ever see Apple make and, with me, that impression leaves a positive impression in Apple's favor. For me, right now, it's full-on Apple season, though I'm loyal to no brand.

Hey, after seeing the 5c done in plastic, I'm not against it at all. It's done right! But when Samsung elevated itself into the top echelon of android, they forgot to live up to the ranking and kept it cheap!

Apple's only problem with the 5c is the price point. It doesn't really distinguish itself enough from the 5s to be worth it. If they would of, at the very least, hit the $400 price point off contract, I think it may have worked and had a realistic purpose for existence.

Motorola on the other hand also did plastic right! Although I think they should work out their edges a little better in their next model, maybe tapered edges like the Nexus 5 (I believe). In any case, it def hits the sweet spot when it comes to phones.

Sometimes I wish Google just took a chance and threw it's total weight behind Motorola and unified everything similarly to how Apple does things. I know other OEMs would scream, but honestly, from a consumer standpoint, it would be a win!

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had numerous Android devices and I am not going to bash them. They were good to me and I enjoyed them but I prefer the iPhone. That's what works for me.

Something I have discovered having used both platforms... Google products work and look best on the iPhone, IMO... you get the best of both worlds. :)

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have had numerous Android devices and I am not going to bash them. They were good to me and I enjoyed them but I prefer the iPhone. That's what works for me.

Something I have discovered having used both platforms... Google products work and look best on the iPhone, IMO... you get the best of both worlds. :)

I can echo this. I oscillate between the two platforms bi-annually, unless there's something to pull me to the other, like a new beast Android phone. I've always felt that Apple provided the more "premium" feeling hardware and that their apps were just more consistent and polished.

With the current state of jailbreaking, Android doesn't even have customability over iOS anymore. All Android offers is a much more diverse menu of hardware, many of which have a delicious large screen. The iPhone is just sexy though to me. A complete, REFINED, package.
Refinement and Android are two words that just DO NOT go together, IMO.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Last edited:

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can echo this. I oscillate between the two platforms bi-annually, unless there's something to pull me to the other, like a new beast Android phone. I've always felt that Apple provided the more "premium" feeling hardware and that their apps were just more consistent and polished.

With the current state of jailbreaking, Android doesn't even have customability over iOS anymore. All Android offers is a much more diverse menu of hardware, many of which have a delicious large screen. The iPhone is just sexy though to me. A complete, REFINED, package.
Refinement and Android are two words that just to go together, IMO.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

While I agree with that, I think the Moto X does come the closest to that refinement that Apple fans enjoy! It's not 100% there yet, but I do believe it is the closest Android has come.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, to be honest, I felt the HTC One felt more premium than an iPhone 5s, which is a first for Android, so let's not just pigeonhole Android into the lousy build quality department.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the HTC One, or the Moto X isn't refined.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Actually, to be honest, I felt the HTC One felt more premium than an iPhone 5s, which is a first for Android, so let's not just pigeonhole Android into the lousy build quality department.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the HTC One, or the Moto X isn't refined.

What on God's green Earth made you think the HTC was more premium than a 5s? I've read reports (and seen photos) of visible (yet unintended) gaps between the plastic mid-frame and aluminum top and bottom pieces.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I hate the as astedics of the htc one. It's too big, too tall, too much bezel, and it's 2 button design with the htc logo in the center does not look appealing.

Plus, I understand that megapixels aren't everything, but only 4mp??? Apple wants to improve it's camera sensor too, add ois, optical zoom, allow more light, etc. but the phone stays at 8 mp camera which makes sense. 4 mp is far too little and restricted in this day in age.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's where things have become a debate of preference between Apples and Oranges, my friends.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't have a 5s but did have a 5. I'm now on the Moto X and I absolutely love this thing. To me, it's the iPhone of the Android world in its ease of use right out of the box. Not stuffed with features that are most times only good for promotional material. It too has exceptional build quality and dependability! And the battery life...ooooh the battery life! Still have my iPad 2 and use it daily. It's nice having both platforms at my disposal.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think Lenovo won't do justice for the Motorola crowd more than Google would, I mean, come on..

I really felt upset to know Google would do that, just to offload the company before it keeps adding to their operating expenses. That's my take on it, but it's just the nature of how Google needs to do in the best interest of the company's financials.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods