I have had numerous Android devices and I am not going to bash them. They were good to me and I enjoyed them but I prefer the iPhone. That's what works for me.

Something I have discovered having used both platforms... Google products work and look best on the iPhone, IMO... you get the best of both worlds.
    I can echo this. I oscillate between the two platforms bi-annually, unless there's something to pull me to the other, like a new beast Android phone. I've always felt that Apple provided the more "premium" feeling hardware and that their apps were just more consistent and polished.

With the current state of jailbreaking, Android doesn't even have customability over iOS anymore. All Android offers is a much more diverse menu of hardware, many of which have a delicious large screen. The iPhone is just sexy though to me. A complete, REFINED, package.
    Refinement and Android are two words that just DO NOT go together, IMO.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    Last edited by iRiidium; 01-28-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    01-28-2014 11:45 AM
    I can echo this. I oscillate between the two platforms bi-annually, unless there's something to pull me to the other, like a new beast Android phone. I've always felt that Apple provided the more "premium" feeling hardware and that their apps were just more consistent and polished.

With the current state of jailbreaking, Android doesn't even have customability over iOS anymore. All Android offers is a much more diverse menu of hardware, many of which have a delicious large screen. The iPhone is just sexy though to me. A complete, REFINED, package.
    Refinement and Android are two words that just to go together, IMO.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    While I agree with that, I think the Moto X does come the closest to that refinement that Apple fans enjoy! It's not 100% there yet, but I do believe it is the closest Android has come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bgl321 likes this.
    01-28-2014 12:16 PM
    I've read good things about the Moto X.

Sent from my 64GB Platinum 5s
    01-28-2014 01:45 PM
    Actually, to be honest, I felt the HTC One felt more premium than an iPhone 5s, which is a first for Android, so let's not just pigeonhole Android into the lousy build quality department.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the HTC One, or the Moto X isn't refined.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    01-28-2014 03:50 PM
    Actually, to be honest, I felt the HTC One felt more premium than an iPhone 5s, which is a first for Android, so let's not just pigeonhole Android into the lousy build quality department.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the HTC One, or the Moto X isn't refined.

What on God's green Earth made you think the HTC was more premium than a 5s? I've read reports (and seen photos) of visible (yet unintended) gaps between the plastic mid-frame and aluminum top and bottom pieces.

Sent from my 64GB Platinum 5s
    01-28-2014 05:56 PM

I hate the as astedics of the htc one. It's too big, too tall, too much bezel, and it's 2 button design with the htc logo in the center does not look appealing.

Plus, I understand that megapixels aren't everything, but only 4mp??? Apple wants to improve it's camera sensor too, add ois, optical zoom, allow more light, etc. but the phone stays at 8 mp camera which makes sense. 4 mp is far too little and restricted in this day in age.

01-28-2014 06:03 PM
    That's where things have become a debate of preference between Apples and Oranges, my friends.

01-28-2014 10:22 PM
    Didn't have a 5s but did have a 5. I'm now on the Moto X and I absolutely love this thing. To me, it's the iPhone of the Android world in its ease of use right out of the box. Not stuffed with features that are most times only good for promotional material. It too has exceptional build quality and dependability! And the battery life...ooooh the battery life! Still have my iPad 2 and use it daily. It's nice having both platforms at my disposal.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    bgl321 likes this.
    01-29-2014 05:44 AM
    Has anyone read the news today? Google just sold Motorola to the Chinese!!! Fml

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    01-29-2014 06:31 PM
    Yeah, very crazy.

Beamed via my Moto X from the iMore Android app.
    01-29-2014 08:18 PM
    I think Lenovo won't do justice for the Motorola crowd more than Google would, I mean, come on..

I really felt upset to know Google would do that, just to offload the company before it keeps adding to their operating expenses. That's my take on it, but it's just the nature of how Google needs to do in the best interest of the company's financials.

01-30-2014 09:57 AM
    Absolutely broke my heart as I'd all but decided that Motorola (backed by Google) would be my OEM of choice if I was going to remain on Android....though I know that Samsung is Apple's fiercest competitor. I state that not to say I'm anti-Apple but if I'm not on iOS/iPhone I want its closest rival from the Android platform.
    01-30-2014 04:25 PM
    Cnet seems to think this is a blessing I disguise for Android and a thorn for Apple! Is there something special about Lenovo that I don't know here???

01-30-2014 04:33 PM
    I think Lenovo won't do justice for the Motorola crowd more than Google would, I mean, come on..

I really felt upset to know Google would do that, just to offload the company before it keeps adding to their operating expenses. That's my take on it, but it's just the nature of how Google needs to do in the best interest of the company's financials.

That's business. Google doesn't want to be in the hardware business. They wanted the patents.

@RicanMedic78, Lenovo has already done this with IBM's PC business. There is still the chance they could repeat with Motorola in the mobile device business. Even today Lenovo's PCs carry the ThinkPad branding and styling. I have a ThinkCenter all-in-one at work, same black/blue/red styling IBM used to have. Lenovo could just continue to operate Motorola as they currently are and not touch a thing here. While they absorb Motorola's designs and tech into their own in Asia and start selling Motorola tech under their own name in other regions.
    01-30-2014 06:37 PM
    That's business. Google doesn't want to be in the hardware business. They wanted the patents.

@RicanMedic78, Lenovo has already done this with IBM's PC business. There is still the chance they could repeat with Motorola in the mobile device business. Even today Lenovo's PCs carry the ThinkPad branding and styling. I have a ThinkCenter all-in-one at work, same black/blue/red styling IBM used to have. Lenovo could just continue to operate Motorola as they currently are and not touch a thing here. While they absorb Motorola's designs and tech into their own in Asia and start selling Motorola tech under their own name in other regions.
    I think what happened is that the fans who have become loyal to Moto since the transition feel cheated after we all invested in their new vision; especially with the way they marketed their vision. Then for all that to fall apart in 1 night is like having a wife tell u one random day, "the divorce papers are in! Good bye!"

Sounds comical but it's the same principle concept

01-30-2014 07:26 PM

They could have sold the handset business much earlier, instead of just lately to Lenovo, to avoid the operating losses Google took from last quarter and the layoffs. Motorola's final quarter under Google: $1.24 billion revenue, $384 million operating loss | Android Central
    01-30-2014 08:06 PM
    I'm usually an avid supporter of Android but I'm hearing rumors that Google is selling Motorola already. That makes me uncomfortable after all they've invested. I'd choose the 5s if it were me. Of course that's just my opinion. =)
    01-31-2014 08:53 AM
    I'm usually an avid supporter of Android but I'm hearing rumors that Google is selling Motorola already. That makes me uncomfortable after all they've invested. I'd choose the 5s if it were me. Of course that's just my opinion. =)
    At this point, I'd have to agree! Too much unsteadiness in the Motorola boat right now

01-31-2014 08:54 AM
    It's not a rumor Motorola was sold to Lenovo. Pending regulatory approval in both the US and China, of course.
    01-31-2014 10:02 AM
    I was just never ever a Moto X/G fan. Hopefully, Lenovo won't further cheapen the brand.

Sent from my Titanium 5s
    01-31-2014 10:04 AM
    It's not a rumor Motorola was sold to Lenovo. Pending regulatory approval in both the US and China, of course.
    Lovely. I guess the question for me is why Google sold them?
    01-31-2014 10:26 AM
    Lovely. I guess the question for me is why Google sold them?
    Tired of losing money I would guess. They've been losing money at the rate of 250M per quarter in the almost 2 years Google has owned them and the losses were accelerating not getting smaller.
    01-31-2014 10:28 AM
    Tired of losing money I would guess. They've been losing money at the rate of 250M per quarter in the almost 2 years Google has owned them and the losses were accelerating not getting smaller.
    I can't see a big turn around at this point unless Lenovo already has an ace up their sleeve.
    01-31-2014 10:29 AM
    I can't see a big turn around at this point unless Lenovo already has an ace up their sleeve.
    They've been known for turn around a before. They bought IBM's desktop PC business and turned it around and now it is the number one PC vendor in the world.
    01-31-2014 10:31 AM
    They've been known for turn around a before. They bought IBM's desktop PC business and turned it around and now it is the number one PC vendor in the world.
    Well I wish them luck, Motorola used to be a really great company. I'd love to see them restored. I just don't have a lot of hope because of the way the economy and competition are rolling these days.
    iRiidium and bgl321 like this.
    01-31-2014 10:33 AM
106 12345