Apple is Gradually making its APPS FREE!!!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
First Garage Band was made free. Now Keynote Remote is free. Pretty soon apps like Keynote, Pages, Numbers and iMovie will be free to people that don't have newly activated devices. At least that's my hope. Its a very interesting thought.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Once you have it unless it is not a different version number isn't that standard for an upgrade to be free? I ask because I don't know with MAC.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Once you have it unless it is not a different version number isn't that standard for an upgrade to be free? I ask because I don't know with MAC.
For the most part yes, realistically Apple doesn't use DRM on any of there apps so say for example someone pirates Pages or whatever, the app will auto update from the Mac App Store. Probably shouldn't say that but well, it's far from being a secret.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For the most part yes, realistically Apple doesn't use DRM on any of there apps so say for example someone pirates Pages or whatever, the app will auto update from the Mac App Store. Probably shouldn't say that but well, it's far from being a secret.
Thank you Chris for the explanation. Being a PC guy my whole life and trying to learn more and more on the MAC side is what I am trying to do. Not just to help what i do here but if i ever cut the PC cord and move over to MAC I would like to learn these things. Fairly the same as PC in some respects. Thanks again and sure good to have you around as Chris :) as I've know you for so long from CB as Bla1ze. :)

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
There's so much free software and software with free updates out there...MS is really one of the only companies still charging for version upgrades.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying something to avoid the headaches of Linux hardware issues but that isn't really an issue with Apple computers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Version upgrades yes but not incremental or updates which as I had stated I think many companies do this practice.

I am a MS certified Partner in their Partner Program so I get ALL of my software no matter what is id free anyway and most of the time it could be from 5-10 license disks. I have been a certified partner for 6 years and it took a lot of online time and exams to get there and tuition but now I am set. I can even call and ask for something and on special occasions, They even extend this to hardware like the new HD camera for internet use they just sent me. The keyboard wireless. I do a 6 month survey at the end of usage and keep the hardware so I have a hard time breaking away. I can see the time coming one day that I will make the move to MAC.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Version upgrades yes but not incremental or updates which as I had stated I think many companies do this practice.

I am a MS certified Partner in their Partner Program so I get ALL of my software no matter what is id free anyway and most of the time it could be from 5-10 license disks. I have been a certified partner for 6 years and it took a lot of online time and exams to get there and tuition but now I am set. I can even call and ask for something and on special occasions, They even extend this to hardware like the new HD camera for internet use they just sent me. The keyboard wireless. I do a 6 month survey at the end of usage and keep the hardware so I have a hard time breaking away. I can see the time coming one day that I will make the move to MAC.

I really don't see anything wrong with a PC. Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would rather they have us pay for the apps than subject us to endless free to play offers and adverts.

You just know there are other ways that milk the cow for them instead of mere app sales, and I would go for more third party services for those things instead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW