Apple just got two of my credit cards shut down!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow- I am sorry- sounds like a pain. A couple things:

This is a credit card thing rather than Apple. Your experience is not a good one, but it resulted from both companies doing what they do best - on your behalf. Some technical planets definitely fell out of orbit, but for better or worse, it happens.

Agree with the poster who suggested a call to your credit card company. I have had the same experience- one call from you to tell them what's up (the short version!). Starting with: thank you for having my back and catching this so quickly, followed by the short explanation: yes this is me, there will be one charge of $29, there were computer glitches in processing that wound up involving couple of Apple reps- both acting quickly on your behalf- with inadvertent double-hold as a result.

And yes- you would have walked out of Apple store w/ replacement. Not sure about WalMart -I've never purchased a device from them. I buy only from Apple, because their service is *that* good.

Good luck- hope your replacement arrives quickly!

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So why are both of your cards still shut down? Whenever my credit card companies do that, all it takes is a phone call and an explanation for them to make the card usable again.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Because I was on the phone with Apple for over an hour. The last call to get the charges straightened out took a long time.

Have to do that first then call the credit card companies or bank.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad they're exchanging my phone. I hope I don't have the hairline fracture issue again and that I won't need to call back!

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow- I am sorry- sounds like a pain. A couple things:

This is a credit card thing rather than Apple. Your experience is not a good one, but it resulted from both companies doing what they do best - on your behalf. Some technical planets definitely fell out of orbit, but for better or worse, it happens.

Agree with the poster who suggested a call to your credit card company. I have had the same experience- one call from you to tell them what's up (the short version!). Starting with: thank you for having my back and catching this so quickly, followed by the short explanation: yes this is me, there will be one charge of $29, there were computer glitches in processing that wound up involving couple of Apple reps- both acting quickly on your behalf- with inadvertent double-hold as a result.

And yes- you would have walked out of Apple store w/ replacement. Not sure about WalMart -I've never purchased a device from them. I buy only from Apple, because their service is *that* good.

Good luck- hope your replacement arrives quickly!

It wasn't a credit card thing. The root cause was Apple rep's computer and the rep really.

Actually I suppose the root cause is a defective iphone 5c!

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried talking to either of the credit card companies to try to get the charges straightened out? They may be able to remove one of the charges because it was made in error.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried talking to either of the credit card companies to try to get the charges straightened out? They may be able to remove one of the charges because it was made in error.

Yes and they cannot. They said I would have to wait until they all posted. But I am sure Apple will fix it and from what they said the charges *should not post.

All I do now is wait. :)

The only reason I called was because I was concerned the stress or whatever small crack would get worse.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Just goes to show no matter how good customer service can be over the phone, NOTHING beats heading into a brick and mortar store to get any issue sorted out.

Hope it turns out well for you!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad they're exchanging my phone. I hope I don't have the hairline fracture issue again and that I won't need to call back!
Am I the only one surprised that they are replacing a cracked screen under warranty? I've always assumed that a cracked screen no matter the extent was always a "sucks to be you " scenario ...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one surprised that they are replacing a cracked screen under warranty? I've always assumed that a cracked screen no matter the extent was always a "sucks to be you " scenario ...
There is/was a batch that may have an known assembly issue - and Apple is doing what they always do - making it right.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Both Apple reps told me that a single hairline crack is covered under warranty. Apparently it is a known issue with all models iPhones.

Afterwards, I googled it and sure enough this is true.

I didn't drop my phone. I've only has it a few weeks. There's no other damage and just a hairline crack.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure Apple is shipping me two replacement phones. I got two separate emails, 12 hours apart saying my replacement has shipped.

They both have different IMEI numbers and repair IDs.

Geez.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure Apple is shipping me two replacement phones. I got two separate emails, 12 hours apart saying my replacement has shipped.

They both have different IMEI numbers and repair IDs.

Geez.

Keep & activate one - return the other with your defective phone, and all will clear up upon Apple's receipt of the returned items.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow what a pain, what happened to the days of giving them a tracking # and having the package express delivered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2