Is anyone upset the original iPhone 5 isn't for sale anymore now that iPhone 5Cs are out?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As everyone is aware, the iPhone 5c has become the replacement to the iPhone 5 on the product list, but it costs far more than a previous generation iPhone would have went for unlocked. Furthermore if people are looking for a phone closer to the 5s in terms of build they are essentially stuck to having a plastic back. Does anyone think they could have still kept the original 5 on sale? And is anyone upset about the whole decision to scrap the 5 and go with 5c?

I personally still think the original iPhone 5 feels much better than the 5c, and is on par with the 5s. I was sad to see they discontinued it. I can't get it off the Apple store and I'm pretty much stuck with having Ebay as the primary option for getting a 5. I'm sure if I have thought about it and had these thoughts, others would have.

Thoughts?

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I miss the color scheme sometimes. I do like the Space Gray, but sometimes I yearn for that dark Slate.

2012 21" iMac
2012 11" MacBook Air
16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPhone 5s
16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPad Air

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I like it more than the 5c and was sorry to see it discontinued. I do like the space grey more than the black/slate model.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not upset at all. If my current iPhone 5 gets damaged beyond repair, I will probably go and get the 5S.

josens

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, indeed I am upset about they stop selling 5 so soon. Make me feel that 5 is a failed / unmature / defective product. Anyways, perhaps just my delusion of persecution, lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why not just buy a 5S then? It's almost a mirror of the iPhone 5, but with better features. I'd understand being upset if Apple only offered the 5c, I probably would have been upset too because I like the form factor of the 5/5S better...but they didn't, they gave you the iPhone 5 on steroids! And price wise, the difference is what, $100? In this day and age, if you can't come up with an extra $100 and you're buying into these new smart phones (whether you do it subsidized or not), you need to reevaluate your situation. And that's not even considering that nearly every carrier offers a yearly upgrade plan now for those who truly feel they need a yearly upgrade but don't have the kind of income that could support such (my opinion on those plans will be left to another discussion, lol).

If you want an iPhone 5 bad enough to where you'd get upset over it, go buy a damn 5S!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
No I'm not upset. At $549 unlocked the 16GB iPhone 5c is the same price as the iPhone 4s after the iPhone 5 came out. It is also the same price as the iPhone 4 after the iPhone 4s came out.

If you want an iPhone 5 there are plenty available through third parties.

My iPhone 5 is still functioning just fine. Should it stop I will just get an iPhone 5s.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not upset. At $549 unlocked the 16GB iPhone 5c is the same price as the iPhone 4s after the iPhone 5 came out. It is also the same price as the iPhone 4 after the iPhone 4s came out.

If you want an iPhone 5 there are plenty available through third parties.

My iPhone 5 is still functioning just fine. Should it stop I will just get an iPhone 5s.

However if you consider the markups in the pricing in certain countries for the iPhone 5c, would that still be valid?