Talk me off the ledge, guys...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Why not just keep the iPhone and get a Nexus 7? You can get the best of both worlds really. I have a Nexus 7 and I personally love it. It's portable enough to take anywhere and it's one of the best Android experiences out there. Plus, you will get pretty fast updates.

I have a nexus 7.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I really do hate technology. Once a phone comes out that I buy, and new exciting one hits. Now. Not even a month in from owning my iphone 5S, the nexus 5 comes out and it's enticing me back to android.

It seems like a great device at a great price, and I'm honestly missing certain things about android like widgets, google now, and better integration with google.

But, I JUST got this darn iphone, and I'm on AT&T next to boot. Now I'm considering selling the iPhone, using the money to buy the nexus 5, and continue to pay off the iPhone on AT&T I would then not even have anymore -_-

Someone talk some sense in me, lol.

Or maybe I'll just get the nexus 5 and see how I like it compared to the 5S before selling anything.

No matter what devices you get, soon a new better devices will surpass it.

Say you get the nexus 5, then a better droid comes out, you sell it and buy that droid, then an even better droid comes out...it will never end.

But if I'm planning to sell eventually, then I'd keep the phone with the best resale vale (that would be the iPhone)

All I can say is learn to accept what you have and be content with it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
No matter what devices you get, soon a new better devices will surpass it.

Say you get the nexus 5, then a better droid comes out, you sell it and buy that droid, then an even better droid comes out...it will never end.

But if I'm planning to sell eventually, then I'd keep the phone with the best resale vale (that would be the iPhone)

All I can say is learn to accept what you have and be content with it.

But I don't want to feel like I'm ALWAYS going to get a iPhone. I don't want to feel like I'm settling or compromising, you know?

But maybe your saying be content with what I have until my next upgrade?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
But I don't want to feel like I'm ALWAYS going to get a iPhone. I don't want to feel like I'm settling or compromising, you know?

There are only two choices. Pick one platform or use both. If you feel locked down with iOS it may not be best for you.

For me personally when I had Android I spent way too much time messing with the OS and different tweaks, rooting and so on.
In my experience with Android being so open apps always had hiccups with the OS but that was back with Gingerbread It could be better now I guess.

#Naked Tuesday

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There are only two choices. Pick one platform or use both. If you feel locked down with iOS it may not be best for you.

For me personally when I had Android I spent way too much time messing with the OS and different tweaks, rooting and so on.
In my experience with Android being so open apps always had hiccups with the OS but that was back with Gingerbread It could be better now I guess.

#Naked Tuesday

But if I want to go back to android, I can't do that because I'm still making AT&T next payments on the iPhone. I still need to pay off about 650 dollars on it. So even if I sell the iPhone for say 600 dollars on eBay and use 430 dollars that for a 32 gb nexus 5 or use 550 dollars on a dev edition moto x (or the whole 600 on a GE HTC ONE) then I STILL need to pay off whatever the remaining balance is on the iPhone. Though that's paid in monthly payments or all together at once .

I'm not sure how the math works out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Ding. Ding. Ding. Looks like we have a winner...

But if I want to go back to android, I can't do that because I'm still making AT&T next payments on the iPhone. I still need to pay off about 650 dollars on it. So even if I sell the iPhone for say 600 dollars on eBay and use 430 dollars that for a 32 gb nexus 5 or use 550 dollars on a dev edition moto x (or the whole 600 on a GE HTC ONE) then I STILL need to pay off whatever the remaining balance is on the iPhone. Though that's paid in monthly payments or all together at once .

Do what the majority of us do... live within your means and live with whatever decision you have made until it is feasible to do something else...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Might I have just stand pat with the iPhone.
Sounds like you can't justify purchasing a Nexus or anything else.
A lot of thought has to go into purchasing these devices because they ain't cheap.
If a person pays top dollar for anything they better enjoy it.
Even if after buying it and you see something else you "want" sometimes we just can't get it.
Next time put more thought into it when getting a device. You can't always go for the latest thing that's out there unless you can afford to.

#Naked Tuesday

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are going to be customizing much of the experience when you are on Android, I don't see a point in getting it. The iPhone 5s is great with the 64 bit dual core processor, and it is plenty fast with the optimizations. The specs are becoming fast enough to compete, and you get an operating system that is far less breakable in terms of vulnerabilities and bugs,

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are going to be customizing much of the experience when you are on Android, I don't see a point in getting it. The iPhone 5s is great with the 64 bit dual core processor, and it is plenty fast with the optimizations. The specs are becoming fast enough to compete, and you get an operating system that is far less breakable in terms of vulnerabilities and bugs,

It's not just customization, I really miss how apps can communicate with each other on android and I miss at least having the option to switch out what I don't like about the stock experience of the phone.

Another concern is going to be app purchases if I'm going to want to go back to android in a year or so time. Because the more I buy on my iPhone, the more I'm going to have those things locked into iOS. Unless I just buy games on my nexus 7.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably going to pick up a 16gb moto g and use that alongside my iPhone. I'll see how much I like it compared to the iPhone, and if the G is doing everything I need I'll then sell the iPhone.

As far as I can tell, the moto g is a pretty great experience.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Unless you are going to be customizing much of the experience when you are on Android, I don't see a point in getting it. The iPhone 5s is great with the 64 bit dual core processor

Honest question - have you acutally used an app that takes advantage of the 64-bit processor? Seems like a marketing gimmick so far.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just go with what fits you best man! I'm actually currently using a Galaxy Note II and I love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Im going to stick with the iPhone I have now. When my next upgrade comes, I'll probably go back to android, but I can't justify eating additional cost of selling and getting yet another phone at full price. Maybe I'll buy a nexus 5 after the cars fixed, but right now I'm holding onto the iPhone.

My worry though is that the more time I use the iPhone, the harder it might be to switch away from it due to continuing app purchases and content lock in.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Im going to stick with the iPhone I have now. When my next upgrade comes, I'll probably go back to android, but I can't justify eating additional cost of selling and getting yet another phone at full price. Maybe I'll buy a nexus 5 after the cars fixed, but right now I'm holding onto the iPhone.

My worry though is that the more time I use the iPhone, the harder it might be to switch away from it due to continuing app purchases and content lock in.

I found a guy on Craigslist and we met at Verizon and did a straight iPhone for note II swap!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Dark_Huntress

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Get the Android. That way you will KNOW which you prefer. I just got my GS a iPhone 5C...his first iPhone although he has the iPad4..I just could not get him an Android even though he probably wouldn't know the difference....I would.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro