I can't help you here buddy! I'm trying to keep myself from buying the Nexus 5. All my tech buddies have theirs already. I wouldn't sell my iPhone but I'd put it to the side like I usually do until I'm done playing with Android. Android is an addiction for me. Dev problems.
    11-05-2013 08:55 AM
    Jump if you're going to jump! ... (gives poke with stick)
    Talk me off the ledge, guys...-movies_man_on_a_ledge_2.jpg
    11-05-2013 09:51 AM
    asking someone else which phone you should go with is kind of a waste of time considering everyone has different opinions. personally id never touch an android, then again im a narrow minded "isheep" so there ya go. lol
    11-05-2013 10:35 AM
    asking someone else which phone you should go with is kind of a waste of time considering everyone has different opinions. personally id never touch an android, then again im a narrow minded "isheep" so there ya go. lol
    Social media has bred a phenomenon I call "the crowd-sourced seeker of affirmation"... that seemingly won't do anything without getting a certain number of "likes" from their "friends"...
    11-05-2013 10:40 AM
    Social media has bred a phenomenon I call "the crowd-sourced seeker of affirmation"... that seemingly won't do anything without getting a certain number of "likes" from their "friends"...
    that is so true. I get a laugh out of reading threads starting with "should I go naked with my phone", or the classic "what case should I buy". then there is the ultimate "my friends say the white phone is for girls, does it make me less manly to own the white" ugh
    11-05-2013 10:45 AM
    Two time Android owner. Twice bitten. Came back to iPhone for a reason. When Android says "The next big thing" I ask what happened to "The last"?
    11-05-2013 10:48 AM
    All mobile platforms have their pros and cons to me though the biggest pro to sticking with iOS is the quality of Apps. They just perform and look better than any other platform I've used. The OS itself may not have everything I like but I use my smartphone because of the apps not to stare at the homescreen etc.
    11-05-2013 11:38 AM
    11-05-2013 02:43 PM
    I would sell your iPhone 5S and get the Nexus 5. Then sell your Nexus 5 to get the Galaxy S5. Then sell your Galaxy S5 to get the HTC Two. Then sell the HTC Two to get the Motorola RAZR MAX MAX. Then sell your Motorola RAZR MAX MAX to get the Galaxy Note 4. And then sell your Galaxy Note 4 to get the iPhone 6.

Problem Solved!!!
    11-05-2013 02:44 PM
    I would sell your iPhone 5S and get the Nexus 5. Then sell your Nexus 5 to get the Galaxy S5. Then sell your Galaxy S5 to get the HTC Two. Then sell the HTC Two to get the Motorola RAZR MAX MAX. Then sell your Motorola RAZR MAX MAX to get the Galaxy Note 4. And then sell your Galaxy Note 4 to get the iPhone 6.

Problem Solved!!!
    You are describing my phone history.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    11-05-2013 03:09 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to try the Nexus 5 when it comes out. The Nexus 4 that I had for a short period of time was good except for the issue of no LTE and lack of 32GB storage. If the Nexus 5 offers this I might even try one myself.
    11-05-2013 03:19 PM
    Nothing we say is going to convince anyone who makes threads posing questions like this. It's your money and you know what options you have. You're dead set on trying the Nexus 5. Just try it. It's not the end of the world if you decide you'd rather stick with a 5S.
    11-05-2013 03:22 PM
    Nothing we say is going to convince anyone who makes threads posing questions like this. It's your money and you know what options you have. You're dead set on trying the Nexus 5. Just try it. It's not the end of the world if you decide you'd rather stick with a 5S.
    Don't go ruining someone's acquisition of crowd sourced affirmation...
    11-05-2013 03:37 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to try the Nexus 5 when it comes out. The Nexus 4 that I had for a short period of time was good except for the issue of no LTE and lack of 32GB storage. If the Nexus 5 offers this I might even try one myself.
    Came out Nov. 1, on Google Play Store $399 for 32GB model, nice specs, battery life is horrendous though, source is Android Central.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You
    11-05-2013 03:43 PM
    As a guy who thoroughly respects the right of others to spend their money the way they see fit, I'm gonna tell you to... JUMP. Soar like an eagle! Do it!!!!

Seriously, I think that pound for pound, the Nexus 5 is the most compelling device out there; but I can live without it... on another Android device LOL. The current iPhone is no slouch by any means.
    11-05-2013 04:03 PM
    then there is the ultimate "my friends say the white phone is for girls, does it make me less manly to own the white" ugh
    Just so everyone knows ... Yes white phones are for girls, and they will make you seem less manly ... Just saying.
    11-05-2013 04:20 PM
    Just so everyone knows ... Yes white phones are for girls, and they will make you seem less manly ... Just saying.
    You must not be much of a man to begin with if people will question your masculinity over the color of the phone you own...just saying

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    HAWK likes this.
    11-05-2013 04:25 PM
    If the device has the same battery life as the nexus 4, that may be a deal breaker. That was the main annoyance I had with the nexus 4 when I had it. And something I appreciated about the 5S when I was able to get a full days use with it.

The thing with selling the 5S to pay for the nexus 5 is that I did the ATT NEXT program, meaning I still have to pay off the iPhone even if I sell it .
    11-05-2013 04:39 PM
    Excuse me, but my bf uses my old white i4 as as iPod Touch and my male coworker has either a white i4 or 4S and they are not less manly for using white phones. Color does not define masculinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-05-2013 04:49 PM
    Excuse me, but my bf uses my old white i4 as as iPod Touch and my male coworker has either a white i4 or 4S and they are not less manly for using white phones. Color does not define masculinity.
    I'm pretty sure NQR's comment was in the sarcasm font... at least it is on my MacBook Pro...
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-05-2013 04:52 PM

The thing with selling the 5S to pay for the nexus 5 is that I did the ATT NEXT program, meaning I still have to pay off the iPhone even if I sell it .
    Sounds like third world problems. You've got work to do if you want first world ones
    11-05-2013 04:57 PM
    You could always purchase a sim adapter and use both phones.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    tack likes this.
    11-05-2013 05:03 PM
    Probably what I'm going to do is save up a bit and get the 32gb nexus 5. I don't want to sell the iPhone in case I decide I want to keep using it instead, but I don't have any money to get the nexus 5 right now. In fact, o got nothing in the bank right now.

I hate it because that should tell me that I need to not spend money on anything right now, but I never seem to listen to that part of my brain.
    11-05-2013 05:13 PM
    Before I say my thoughts on this, my Nexus 5 just arrived and is charging as we speak. I've been wanting this phone for months, and it was very hard for me to resist buying other phones that came along during that time (Galaxy S4, HTC One, LG G2, Moto X, Galaxy Note 3, etc.). So, suffice to say, my patience was rewarded and I ordered the phone right as it became available.

So my thoughts, and this is coming from an Android guy, but before you buy a phone for its hardware, I'd look at both OS'es (Android and Apple), and figure out which user experience would you enjoy day in and day out? Then, look at both phones, think of the pluses and minuses of both, and in your mind, do you feel you will enjoy the phone for the next year, or more? Both the iPhone 5s and Nexus 5 are spectacular phones in their own right, so you really can't go wrong with either. Anyways, good luck!
    11-05-2013 07:25 PM
    I'm just not sure on the nexus 5s batterylife. That's the thing I haven't been too happy with my oldnnexus 4.

The thing is, I think I'm hesitant to keep going deeper into apples ecosystem because its not as universal or flexible as Google or androids. For example, Google drive be pages. Drive work on pretty much anything, while pages only works on macs or iOS devices. And if I'm writing a paper for school and need to save it to a flash drive, I can't gurantee I'll have access to a Mac at school.

However, on the flip side, I'm not a fan that I have to troubleshoot more on android than I did iOS when something didn't work. Or I don't need to micromanage battery like on my nexus 4, but maybe that was due to nexus 4 not having a great battery to begin with?

Anyway, I do want to give the nexus 5 a try, but even if I decide to sell the iPhone to pay for it or whatever, I'm still going to need to pay the 700 dollars or whatever I still owe on the iPhone.

How much could I ask for a iPhone 5S on eBay? And what if I sell the iPhone and I end up not liking the nexus 5?
    11-05-2013 08:05 PM
121 1234 ...