Finally Switched to iPhone

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So I've been BlackBerry user ever since smart phones came out both for work and personal. However, I'm a huge Apple fan with respect to owning and upgrading several iPods, iPads, and MacBooks over the years. I was going to make the iPhone switch several years ago but AT&T service here was awful. Then Verizon got the iPhone and I gave it a chance but wasn't impressed. Well now with a better understanding of the cloud and iTunes Match I really wanted to give the iPhone another shot. I bought the 5s on launch day and haven't looked back. I can't complain about iOS 7 because I never really new the prior iOS's. BlackBerry still makes great phones and the new Q10 and Z10 are awesome, but I can finally say that I've made the switch to iPhone for personal device and am extremely happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Outstanding choice of phone and forum by joining iMore and with a 5S no doubt. i would say you did very well, We welcome you and look forward to seeing you in the forums often and soon. Take care and have fun here. :)

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your iphone , dude. :)

And if you wanna talk Blackberry you are welcome to PM me or head down to CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) for a little visit sometimes.

Thanks, very familiar with CrackBerry. Been a member and frequent poster for a while. Still plan to remain active cause work issued device is still BlackBerry. I'm under the same name.
When you got this guy, Rosco has to stay!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383366061.498565.jpg

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to imore and welcome to the world of apple iPhones. It's great to have you here. Enjoy your new iPhone. You are going to love it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I've been BlackBerry user ever since smart phones came out both for work and personal. However, I'm a huge Apple fan with respect to owning and upgrading several iPods, iPads, and MacBooks over the years. I was going to make the iPhone switch several years ago but AT&T service here was awful. Then Verizon got the iPhone and I gave it a chance but wasn't impressed. Well now with a better understanding of the cloud and iTunes Match I really wanted to give the iPhone another shot. I bought the 5s on launch day and haven't looked back. I can't complain about iOS 7 because I never really new the prior iOS's. BlackBerry still makes great phones and the new Q10 and Z10 are awesome, but I can finally say that I've made the switch to iPhone for personal device and am extremely happy with it!

Welcome fellow Philadelphian.

#Naked Tuesday

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the family. I am from Philadelphia as well so double welcome. I'm also a long time blackberry user starting with the old 7230 on tmobile. This is the absolute best site for anything iOS. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome tell me what you like with the 5s? Whats the plus and minus compared to z10,30

Thanks for warm welcome. So I really made the switch because it made sense. Have an iPod, iPad, and MacBook so with iCloud and iTunes Match it made sense. I also was with a bunch of friends who were using Airdrop and I was left out. So at first the switch wasn't something I was really looking forward to. Not to mention the BlackBerry 10 lineup is way underrated. The Z10 is amazing and in many ways outperforms the iPhone 5s but you need to see them side by side to understand. That said, iPhone is an amazing phone as well. To sum it up best, BlackBerry OS with Hub, Peak and Flow, and overall UI is just much smoother. However, the iPhone is amazing in its own right providing great capabilities with a much easier to use OS as in less steps to complete tasks. And anyone who says the fingerprint scanner is a gimmick is a loser, it's an awesome safety feature. So the real question is, if it wasn't for Apple product integration would I have switched? Not sure, but glad I did. Really dig the 5s.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I agreed im sure if RIM had that machine 5 years ago they would be a a good succes,but yeah everyone has choice im sold to apple and love it ,but i dont underestimate other mark,im even worry that there is no much new product beside huawei on the shelves

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh