I got my first cell phone in the early 90's....don't remember them all but just a few I had were Nokia, Samsung, Lg chocolate, pink Motorola Razr, EnV2, bb curve 8330,bb Storm 2, bb curve 8530, bb bold 9650, iPhone 4S and now I have the pink 5C !!
    10-30-2013 08:49 PM
    I've had every iphone except the 3GS. Prior to that I'd had a a few sanyo's I tried a Motorola q (short lived) a sidekick (also short lived) and some others. Of all those pre iPhones I think my fav was probably a Nokia with that snake game. I would usually upgrade every year. I've also like phones that came in colors or had changeable faceplates. I remember wanting this particular Motorola phone, I don't know what it was called the display was circular and the faceplate swiveled and it had a blue backlight. I think it was around the time of the razr. I'm really a sucker for looks.
    10-31-2013 12:53 AM
    I've had every iphone except the 3GS. Prior to that I'd had a a few sanyo's I tried a Motorola q (short lived) a sidekick (also short lived) and some others. Of all those pre iPhones I think my fav was probably a Nokia with that snake game. I would usually upgrade every year. I've also like phones that came in colors or had changeable faceplates. I remember wanting this particular Motorola phone, I don't know what it was called the display was circular and the faceplate swiveled and it had a blue backlight. I think it was around the time of the razr. I'm really a sucker for looks.
    Motorla V70... Came out in early 2000's

10-31-2013 12:57 AM
    I love talking tech and have had a history of switching devices multiple times a year. I am currently in love with my iPhone 5s, although still see visions of the Blackberry Z30 tempting me to give that OS another play. Which iPhone do you have? What phone did you have prior? Any tech junkies, how often do you switch devices each year? Last year I went through 6 devices.
    My first phone was a Qualcomm candy bar phone.
    Then I got a flip Qualcomm. 1998
    Then I got a flip Motorola 2000
    Then i90 nextel 2003
    I530 nextel 2004
    Blackberry 9700 2007
    iPhone 4S 2012
    iPhone 5 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-31-2013 01:25 AM
    Stood in line on iDay 1 for iPhone 3G 16GB white and iPhone 4 32GB black. I currently have an iPhone 5 64GB slate, which I mail-ordered and received on iDay 1.

Before that I've only had flip dumbphones.
    10-31-2013 03:27 AM
    iPhone 5 - iPhone 4S before that
    10-31-2013 03:46 AM
    I had Nokia, boss forced us bbry then Samsung for job but my personal phone is my new iphone5s , got it yesterday i lov it so much ,its so fast as ferrari . Will not switch to other ,my friend is crazy about siri ,asking her some crazy stuff
    10-31-2013 09:28 AM
    The draw that keeps taking me to android devices certainly is not android as an operating system. I much prefere ios and its app store too. I am in the camp that longs for a larger screen.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This!
    To answer your question I've had every model of iPhone and it has been my "phone" since 2007. I recently tried a Nexus 4 & Galaxy S4, and quickly got those out of my system. In the past I've had a fleet of phones that I do not have the time, or the desire to document ...
    10-31-2013 10:06 AM
    I started with an old Motorola StarTac in about 2001, then had some V series flip phone from Motorola, then a bar style basic phone from Motorola on Verizon, that was a prepaid. After that I had a few of those old slider texting phones, I also remember having a Sanyo M1 with a (whopping) 1GB of internal storage, and then I went through my Sidekick and Blackberry phase (I'm sure we're all guilty of that one) and finally I got an iPhone 3G in 2008'ish, and while I've tried a few Androids since (and one Windows phone by Samsung) I have always come back to iOS. I've had every iPhone since that 3G and now I'm on the 5s in gold. The end!
    10-31-2013 11:44 AM
    My list goes
    - Motorola ( the original cell phone where just the bottom part flips down )
    - Motorola Rzr ( the flip phone style )
    - Blackberry Curve
    - Blackberry Bold
    - Blackberry Torch
    - iPhone original
    - iPhone 3gs
    - iPhone 4 (x2)
    - iPhone 4s
    - iPhone 5 (x3)

Current: purchased two iphone 5s's one space grey and one gold. I am a phone addict also when I seen the gold color after I purchased the space grey I had to buy it so I now have two and cant decide which one im selling lol.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    10-31-2013 12:01 PM
    My first iPhone was (and still is) the iPhone 4S. It was the first available my carrier and I jumped on it the first chance I had. I hadn't even always wanted one - I just wanted to see if it was as good as everyone always told me. It was.

The phone it replaced was the Nexus S 4G. Now, I loved my Nexus. Every time I used it I had a genuine sense of wonder at what it could do. I still remember the first time I made a PDF out of a picture I took. That blew my mind at the time. For the time it was also fast, portable, and had a good screen. But this wasn't Android 4.0 - at the time the Nexus S 4G was rocking 2.2 and 2.3, respectively. I don't care what you say: Android just wasn't the best then - just the best option at the time. Listen to some Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers podcasts and if they mention it they'll shutter when comparing it to Jelly Bean today. Comparing the two systems then was pretty black and white - these days it is a heck of a lot harder and iOS loses a lot of the time.

But back then when I switched? Glass of water in hell.
    10-31-2013 12:16 PM
    My first 'smartphone' was a Palm Centro - Amazing!!
    I then upgraded to the original Galaxy S Epic - with the slide out keyboard.
    I have a iPhone 4S Black - I added a white backplate to it, so it is a hybrid.
    I will get my new Gold 5S today!

I hope that I won't be missing my 4S. It has been the best!
    10-31-2013 04:58 PM
    Motorla V70... Came out in early 2000's

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...torola_V70.jpg
    Omg that's it...it was expensive and I wanted it sooo bad. Also I was obsessed with blue backlights.

Sent from my GOLD iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-31-2013 11:29 PM
    Omg that's it...it was expensive and I wanted it sooo bad. Also I was obsessed with blue backlights.

I know exactly what you mean... I was obsessed with the Siemens S40 back in the day, just because it was blue backlit. Everyone at the time had Nokia bar phones with the off-white display... the Siemens looked so amazing by comparison.

Attachment 41416Attachment 41418
    10-31-2013 11:51 PM
    I know exactly what you mean... I was obsessed with the Siemens S40 back in the day, just because it was blue backlit. Everyone at the time had Nokia bar phones with the off-white display... the Siemens looked so amazing by comparison.

Attachment 41416Attachment 41418
    Before I had found this thread I was trying to figure out which phone it was earlier this week and all I could find was this

First iPhone? Which one did you get and what device did you have prior?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1383279345.019091.jpg

11-01-2013 12:16 AM
    The first iPhone I've owned was the 3GS. Before that it was the HD7. I've only owned two iPhone's total (5 and 3GS)
    11-01-2013 01:18 AM
    I love talking tech and have had a history of switching devices multiple times a year. I am currently in love with my iPhone 5s, although still see visions of the Blackberry Z30 tempting me to give that OS another play. Which iPhone do you have? What phone did you have prior? Any tech junkies, how often do you switch devices each year? Last year I went through 6 devices.
    My first smartphone was a Palm Treo. Then I went to an iPhone 4, and the replacement as well.

I bought a Bold 9900 for work, which was great.

I then bought a BlackBerry Z10 to replace my iPhone 4. A BlackBerry Q10 to replace my Bold 9900.

Now I recently bought the BlackBerry Z30 to replace my BlackBerry Z10. The BlackBerry Z30 is brilliant.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-02-2013 09:40 PM
    The first iPhone I got was the iPhone 3G back on iDay 1. I've had the iPhone 4 and no the iPhone 5. Before that, I had some Samsung flip phone that I hated.
    11-02-2013 09:42 PM
    Yup, Tech junky here. More like addict. Actually sometimes switch between 3 devices in a week. Right now it's the 5s I'm using, with a Z10 and Q10 on the night stand ready to be activated at any time.

I've only really had BlackBerry's and iPhones. For BlackBerry I go back to the scroll wheel to the scroll ball through the touch pad (still miss my 9930!). For iPhones this 5s is really the first time I feel like I'll have long term Apple use. My first iPhone was with AT&T and service was so bad in my house I needed a 3G Cell MicroTower. It was awful. But I'm really digging the 5s.

Definitely gonna be tough to not grab a Z30 since I'm on Verizon launch is just around the corner!

Oh and those were my first smart phones before that I rocked the Motorola StarTac, great flip with a holster the original pimp phone, put the Nokia 5100 and 6100 models to shame

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.
    11-03-2013 12:34 AM
    My first iPhone was the iPhone 4 when it came to Verizon. Before that I had the original droid and before that a string of blackberry phones. Since that iPhone 4 I have had the 4S and now the 5. I have also had the following phones in no particular order: Droid 3, BB 9930, Razr M, Galaxy S3, Note 2 and S4. Most recently, prior to coming back to the iPhone 5, I tried the Lumia 822. I think that is all. Lol. Hard to remember sometimes. I am using the iPhone 5 as my main phone right now, but I still have my Note 2 as well. I still love that phone. It's my favorite out of all the non-iPhone phones.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 12:21 PM
    Had a couple of samsung flip phones then I went to a T-mobile sidekick, droid incredible, iPhone 4S and now iPhone 5s
    11-03-2013 12:41 PM
    Had a LG Chocolate then got a 3GS. Then went to webOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, now back to iOS
    11-03-2013 12:51 PM
    My first iPhone was the iPhone 4 with AT&T before AT&T had 3G service in my area. I previously had a Blackberry Storm, which was my first smartphone. Switching to the iPhone was amazing... I really loved it much more than what I thought I would, especially since many of my friends were anti-apple. (I really am not sure why, ha!) If I had not gone with the iPhone, I probably would have gone with a windows phone... My main music player at the time was my Zune... needless to say, the Zune has been gathering dust for years.
    11-03-2013 02:28 PM
    My first smartphone was a Palm Trio 755P. I loved that phone so much, that I got another one to carry me a few more years. I wasn't crazy about web OS so I got an iPhone 4 when it came to Verizon, and haven't looked back- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s. I have 2 lines on Sprint and can switch to upgrade every other year. Sprint has better and faster coverage for me than Verizon and is way cheaper.
    11-03-2013 08:23 PM
    My first iPhone was a 4s back in 2011. I was coming from a Blackberry Torch 9800.
    11-03-2013 10:11 PM
57 123