• Android (Google)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Built my own PC 5 years ago and I just upgrade it as I want to since I also game with it. I'm hoping to save up some money this year and get my first Mac (Likely a Macbook Air), but that won't be until at least the end of the year.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
None currently, using my iPad Air 2. I am holding out for a 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina i5/8 GB/256 GB :)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised to see Mac and windows so close. Figured most here would use Mac since they also use iPhones and iPads.

I know personally I probaly wouldn't use anything but a windows pc for desktop mainly because of the gaming advantage windows has.

Laptop I'm not too sure. Never owned one. I'm unsure what the good windows laptops are that would compare favorably to a MacBook. Plus I'd lose out on some connectivity I would get with a Mac and my iOS stuff.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised to see Mac and windows so close. Figured most here would use Mac since they also use iPhones and iPads.

I know personally I probaly wouldn't use anything but a windows pc for desktop mainly because of the gaming advantage windows has.

Laptop I'm not too sure. Never owned one. I'm unsure what the good windows laptops are that would compare favorably to a MacBook. Plus I'd lose out on some connectivity I would get with a Mac and my iOS stuff.

I think that shows Apple got it right by making iOS work well with PCs in addition to Macs. I've never owned a Mac, so I'm not sure how well other mobile platforms work with Macs. However, I think it's best if any mobile platform works well with any desktop platform.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think that shows Apple got it right by making iOS work well with PCs in addition to Macs. I've never owned a Mac, so I'm not sure how well other mobile platforms work with Macs. However, I think it's best if any mobile platform works well with any desktop platform.

Yeah. Truth be told I rarely plug any iOS device to the computer anymore. So there able to kinda live without it. The thing is Apple is making a push for added interoperability with MAC and iOS. So while they are not making the PC work any worse with iOS, they are starting to make it hard to resist not using a MAC over a PC. Even though there are some advantages to PC like gaming.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Only really works with Windows and OS X since you need iTunes. I've in the past tried to get iTunes running on one of my Linux systems and it just doesn't work to well. No biggie these days since you can now have a super cheap Windows computer that is more than sufficient to manage your iOS devices.

Especially w/Yosemite though Macs now have lots of cool features to interconnect with iOS. Also Yosemite looks a lot like iOS now so its probably easier for a newbie who is coming from mobile Apple products to pick the system up and use it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
For those who use PC or windows machines: how often do you find you need to have your phone work with your PC and how have you found that integrating with your iOS devices? Asking because I still don't think iTunes is that great on windows. And I wonder how much I'd get away from having the two having to deal with one another. So far it seemed minimal.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Only really works with Windows and OS X since you need iTunes. I've in the past tried to get iTunes running on one of my Linux systems and it just doesn't work to well. No biggie these days since you can now have a super cheap Windows computer that is more than sufficient to manage your iOS devices.

Especially w/Yosemite though Macs now have lots of cool features to interconnect with iOS. Also Yosemite looks a lot like iOS now so its probably easier for a newbie who is coming from mobile Apple products to pick the system up and use it.

Yes, but my main issue with that is there's alot of cool windows stuff happening right now and cool devices that, IMO, seem more interesting than the same old MacBook design. There's also aspects of windows desktops I find appealing like upgradability and larger catalog of games. If I went all Apple I would not get access to that stuff.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Have to admit I was really tempted by the Asus Zenbook. Very attractive looking computer. For me I would rather have OS X as my daily driver (and would choose Linux over Windows) but yes if you are a gamer, hard to deny Windows. I keep a Windows partition on my Mac because of that.

I haven't messed with iTunes to much on Windows. I know I had to hunt down a driver to get my iPad to charge via USB properly. W/e though for all its faults, the nice thing about Windows is there's some little program or driver for virtually any situation.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Have to admit I was really tempted by the Asus Zenbook. Very attractive looking computer. For me I would rather have OS X as my daily driver (and would choose Linux over Windows) but yes if you are a gamer, hard to deny Windows. I keep a Windows partition on my Mac because of that.

I haven't messed with iTunes to much on Windows. I know I had to hunt down a driver to get my iPad to charge via USB properly. W/e though for all its faults, the nice thing about Windows is there's some little program or driver for virtually any situation.

That's one of the things I like about windows. You can usually work around anything. I thought maybe that translate to me liking android more, but honestly I just want my mobile stuff to work and not worry about updates, support, or whatever. So that's why I chise iOS. But computers I think it'll be hard for me to go to Mac from windows. Mainly because I've been using windows for so long and u don't know if I'd like giving up the modularity or the software/gaming aspects or PC/windows. Maybe if I bought a Mac id love it, but I don't feel good spending that kind of money on something I'm unsure if or could see drawbacks to.