Results of texting and driving.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
This is just a post to remind people as much as we think we have it under control it is really unsafe to take your eyes off the road.

I created this post because last weekend I was affected by someone texting and driving in a very expensive Mercedes.

Sunday morning at 4AM I was awoken to a loud bang and vibrating of my home. When I quickly got normal clothes on and ran outside I saw this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382192953.246307.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382192975.434660.jpg

If it weren't for my front porch being so old and made of concrete he would have come through the house and landed in my living room.

Nobody was hurt except for the driver having road rash.

Right before the tow truck came to remove the car a fireman went to take the keys from the ignition and noted that the kids cellphone was still going off inside the car with text sounds.

So as much as you think it won't happen to you or affect you one day it will.

Up until this happened to me I used to sparingly text and drive but tried to use Siri to do so but she's not always accurate. Now I leave it for a stop sign or a red light if I know it's slightly important.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To everyone reading this: your replies to people aren't as important as your safety. If you really have to reply to texts within seconds, go Siri or some other form of voice input. Stay safe.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Omgoodness, this is horrifying... I can't even imagine being awaken by this and going out to see this sight.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, you and your family are safe...:)...I can tell you stories that would blow your mind in regard to the things I've seen and have witnessed over the years. Anyway, thank you for sharing your frightful experience with us. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend...:)

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I use to be a texter and driver. It use to drive my daughters crazy. I don't do it anymore. It's a very dangerous game to play. Thank God everyone is ok. Thanks for sharing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
@ eve6er69: glad this didn't up worse for you or the driver

@ JustMe'D: I think you SHOULD tell these stories, if you are able to.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also worth mentioning: this isn't just a "kid's thing." A lot of older folks feel compelled to pick up their new iPhones every time it rings, dings, or buzzes. Just this week, my 66 year-old mother answered a FaceTime call while driving. Had to read her the riot act.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, I am glad you and your family are ok. I see this a lot, I am an EMT some times they walk away and sometimes they don't. The rate of accidents due to texting and driving just keeps climbing. And what's worse is a lot of the time it's not the one texting getting hurt. There is no text that is worth it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using my phone at all in the car. When you are talking on the phone your focus becomes only the 2 inches around your head. Scientifically proven. But I stopped when my friend told me why he doesn't use his phone in the car anymore. He was talking on the phone with his girlfriend and she was driving, then he listened on the phone as she crashed her car died, he heard it all.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Did the driver admit to texting and driving?

Glad to hear your family was safe and your home didn't sustain significant damage!

No. When the fireman went to take the keys out of the ignition he stated to the kids father that his phone was going off like crazy. The kid claimed to see a deer. I've lived here for 11 years and I have yet to see a dear since I live in a city.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully, you and your family are safe...:)...I can tell you stories that would blow your mind in regard to the things I've seen and have witnessed over the years. Anyway, thank you for sharing your frightful experience with us. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend...:)

Yeah. I'm a lineman for a large cable company so I see many poles hit from texting. It's overtime for me. Lol

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using my phone at all in the car. When you are talking on the phone your focus becomes only the 2 inches around your head. Scientifically proven. But I stopped when my friend told me why he doesn't use his phone in the car anymore. He was talking on the phone with his girlfriend and she was driving, then he listened on the phone as she crashed her car died, he heard it all.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

That's horrible. I wouldn't be able to drive after that.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

That's awful.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As an ER Nurse I see the end results of this exact thing just about every week. I do think it has gotten better, but not even close to solving the problem unfortunately. People simply don't think that the text can wait and until that happens, we will continue to see exactly what you posted here. I've noticed an increase in smoking and driving too, which IMHO is just as bad. I guess some people either don't care or think they are the only ones on the road. While others think they can do anything while driving and nothing will ever happen to them.....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW