ITunes

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I need to vent please. I have grown to have a strong dislike towards iTunes.
Why is there no way possible to permanently delete a song???
I also set my phone to hide music, and that does absolutely nothing. I still see everything that's in my music folder.
I know it's minor stuff, but annoying just the same. Thanks

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
iTunes Match is $24.99/year.

But anyway, is your issue with iTunes on Windows or the iTunes app on your phone?

Both. I have the setting set to off on viewing files within the music app. That's not working. My issue is with iTunes. They don't let you delete a file in iTunes.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
In iTunes Windows there should be two options when you have an iPhone connected. 1) sync music or 2) manually manage music.

If syncing, go to the tab for music and turn on syncing. In this case, I believe you cannot delete songs from the phone.

If manually managing (this option is on the first tab when your phone is connected, it's a check box called something like "manually manage music and video"), then you should be able to drag/drop music from your PCs iTunes music library to the phone and it will be copied over. In this case, you should be able to view and delete songs from the phone.

Update. Your method worked! I really appreciate your patience and help. 😊 thanks again

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for updating your thread. I also use Windows, so this will help me and others as well. :)

I apologize, but I thought my post this morning went through.
The method did not work. IMHO, Windows 8
Is not iTunes friendly.
You also need to get used to the fact that,
You cannot delete music files from iTunes.
They sit in the cloud and it appears that way in your phone.
I did a full restore this morning. My apps did not sync to my phone.
I had to go into the phone and manually install them.
I also have a bunch of PDF files I saved in Books, those to did not sync.
As well as Accounts 2. I have to figure out how to get my check ledger back in, or if I lost it.
Don't get me wrong, iTunes syncs fine when it comes to transferring files.
But when I plug in the phone to sync. I see at the bottom how many apps I have etc.
Aside of pictures and music, it seems like everything else is hidden.
I also have reminders saved, that synced fine, yet I do not see anywhere in iTunes the reminder app. What's odd, I did not lose all my other settings like the alarms, ringtones, and my few pictures that are in my PC.
What may have happened, I did not start this as a brand new phone. I had it back up what was there. Either way, I don't know. I guess it's a continued learning curve.
Sorry for the long thread. Again, thanks to all for your patience and help. I will keep you posted on anything new. 😊

Update: A closer look at iTunes on my PC showed it never synced to iCloud.
I called Apple, because it wouldn't sync from the PC end.
I never thought to try it from the phone. That worked.
Props to Apple support, the tech support rep was very nice and helpful.😊

Last edited: