Product release date rumors hitting the net...

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anything on you guys' wish/shopping list?

I think I'm gonna go easy on my wallet this round. Apple TV 4 if it shows up, and Mavericks. Retina iPad mini may be tempting, especially if it has Touch ID.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I know a few friends who would be happy to hear about MBP with Haswell. Personally, my Santa Rosa MBP still working well for my needs, and I don't normally upgrade them until the previous one dies.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've read stories about a price drop in hardware....thoughts?

I would love it with Apple dropped the hardware prices. I own a lot of Apple products but not a computer...the prices have always been too high for me when similar speced machines go for much lower.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've read stories about a price drop in hardware....thoughts?

I would love it with Apple dropped the hardware prices. I own a lot of Apple products but not a computer...the prices have always been too high for me when similar speced machines go for much lower.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

It might be high but you definitely get what you pay for. It's worth every dollar, even if you buy one preowned (I have sold a MacBook to someone before and they still have it). I've had my MacBook since '09 and it's good as new; I paid $2600 for it and I still think it's worth it. Some people send over $300 every few years buying a new PC; when they could've had a Mac by now with no crashes, viruses, malware, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It might be high but you definitely get what you pay for. It's worth every dollar, even if you buy one preowned (I have sold a MacBook to someone before and they still have it). I've had my MacBook since '09 and it's good as new; I paid $2600 for it and I still think it's worth it. Some people send over $300 every few years buying a new PC; when they could've had a Mac by now with no crashes, viruses, malware, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Anymore I don't think the hardware argument is valid. Even a few years ago by all means YES Apple had excellent hardware while everybody else was still using cheap plastic. For example, my 1.5 year old HP is pure metal, not fake plastic looking metal, actual metal. Spec wise it's a i5 3rd gen, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader all for $699 so I don't think the 'you get what you pay for' hardware argument is valid. I've never had virus or crash problems with it either.

I'm not sure on the math there either. Rather than buy a single $2600 computer somebody could buy 5 computers at $500 each. At the end of 5 years no matter what internal components a computer has it's still outdated by 5 years so since we're comparing $2600 to $300 but let's call it $500 I'd much rather have the new one every year. Now if you actually have a need for a computer that stacked then go for it but for general usage like I am talking about I think the base MBP at $1200 is plenty of power.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They should have a MacBook Pro trade-in program, funny how they haven't do that yet.

Man...this sounds like a complete disaster for the consumer. Macbook's are one of the only computers on the market that actually hold decent value on the used market...trade in value is absolutely ridiculous in every outlet that it is offered, including Apple's own recycle program on the iPhone. Macbook Pro trade in program would be an absolutely terrible idea for consumers, because it would have two negative impacts, one being the poor trade in value for people trying to use it, and the other being reduced value on the private sales market because of the idea that the trade in "value" is a closer representation of ACTUAL value.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro