Apple Tops 'Most Innovative' List

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
cue the trolls in 3.... 2.... 1....

True, and I'll repeat what i said in an earlier thread of the same topic about people who don't know what 'innovate' actually means.

Is it me, or is the term "innovate" getting overused (usually incorrectly) to the point of meaninglessness?

"Company A isn't innovating anymore"
"Company B needs more innovating to succeed"
(in a robotic voice) "Innovate Innovate Innovate Innovate Innovate Innovate"

I think I'm going to go to the kitchen and 'innovate' me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Afterwards I'll 'innovate' my lawn and then go 'innovate' on the toilet. Sheesh!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No, Google is still the more innovative company in my opinion. Google Glass is one of the innovations Apple has not even touched or came close to doing or emulating.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What it comes down to is what does the word innovation mean to you. Everybody has different uses and expectations therefore whether or not something is innovative to them of course will be different to somebody else.

Personally I don't think Apple has been innovative recently but I don't think Google or Samsung has been either. Technology has come so far the past few years so at some point is has to slow down. I think that's the period we're in now, nobody is creating anything new, they're just improving upon what is already out there.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
What it comes down to is what does the word innovation mean to you. Everybody has different uses and expectations therefore whether or not something is innovative to them of course will be different to somebody else.

I have to disagree with this. Words have specific definitions and meanings to them. I can't say that something that is blue is actually 'red' because it means something different to me. That's just silly.

Someone can use a word in the right way, and in the wrong way. The person doing it the wrong way has the right to do so, but that doesn't make them any less wrong.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to disagree with this. Words have specific definitions and meanings to them. I can't say that something that is blue is actually 'red' because it means something different to me. That's just silly.

Someone can use a word in the right way, and in the wrong way. The person doing it the wrong way has the right to do so, but that doesn't make them any less wrong.

I agree to a point, however, the definition of innovative maybe specific, it is not necessarily specific in how it is interpreted by consumers. For example, a person who has never used a smartphone of any kind may find typical features of a smartphone innovative whereas those of us who have used smartphones for years would be expect something more wow-ish. Let's face it, in regard to tech enthusiasts, it isn't innovative if it doesn't wow us. Yet, non-techies are often easily wowed.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That just can't BE! Apple doesn't innovate anything, remember? Right guys? Remember? Lack of innovation? Apple sucks? Doomed to fail?

Yeah...gotta love it when reality knocks and the naysayers are few and far between (if any at all).

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Google Glass is over a year old now and not publicity available. How is it innovation if very few people have their hands on it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Well, you don't really need people buying it in a consumer market to make it NOT innovative. Innovation is all about the ideas that were presented.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2