Thanks for that. The comparison you have made is with the 5s when mine was with the 5c.
    And if you see the portion of my post where I referenced the iPhone 5's comparison to the iPod Touch, you can then pretty much deduce the same thing about the 5c (only, with better camera over the iPhone 5). It's still a pretty decent list of differences. Whether it's worth the pricing difference isn't really something legitimately arguable because what I find value in and what you find value in and what Joe Blow down the street finds value in might be completely different.

I have some good news for you, I might be getting an iPad in early 2014. I'm not buying it though. I am due a service anniversary next year and a friend who achieved the same last week said that an iPad was one of the gift options. I think that it will be most useful to me.
    That's nice...to me, the iPad is not really a worth while device, and I own one right now. I rarely use it, I don't find it legitimately competitive with my Macbook Pro (or any laptop for that matter) and really just use it for quick internet searches and maybe an occasional game of Plants vs. Zombies while sitting on the toilet...lol. Doesn't mean it isn't a great device, but to me, I've still not found the real value in a tablet (not just the iPad).

I have also just been reading a report in a British newspaper about the rumours that Apple is cutting production of the 5C. Yes, some of the Apple bashing comments from readers were just stupid, but many others shared my opinions of Apple like this one.

"I have no problem with Apple , they make good products but they are simply too expensive, the 5C was overpriced from the start . Samsung are the best selling phone company because they make phones to suit all peoples budgets."
    Honda makes more cars than Porsche, therefore they sell more cars than Porsche...doesn't mean they "best" Porsche in any way, nor does it correspond with a success or failure when you isolate any one particular Porsche model. When Samsung makes 200 different devices and Apple makes...2...comparing an overall sales number is moot. Comparing individual models side by side (and keeping the comparisons relevant) is where a true "best" can be crowned. This was Apple's throne to lose for years, now, Samsung has closed the gap a bit, and has even made it competitive (depending on what time of year you look at the numbers)...Apple still leads this race though, but the gap isn't quite as severe anymore.

That's a comment that is much the same as I have been trying to make. When I am sat on a table of 5 at the work canteen and I'm the only one without an iPhone, when I see kids going to school on the bus with iPhones, I'm not so convinced that the iPhone is a premium device that justifies a high price with a lack of discount, more like an expensive mass market product.
    If you develop judgement on products based on the kind of people that you see using them, you will end up with some really skewed opinions on these products...whether you feel that the iPhone is a premium device is really not something I can change, and if you feel because you see the iPhone in the hands of young people, that it diminishes the product a bit (lowering what you see as "value" in it), that's your call. To me, every phone on the market is popular in every age bracket and segment, so saying the iPhone loses "points" because you sat at a table full of iPhone buyers is no more a definition of the device than me saying that I've seen the same thing with the Galaxy S 4...or Note 2...or HTC One...and I have, many many times. I've also seen a dozen people with 10 of them carrying iPhones. These are popular consumer products.

All of these phones are premium devices in that they are the top tier products on the market. Each one of them offers something the others don't, each one of them envelopes many features that the others do just as well...in the end, they are premium because there are cheaper products with significantly less features out there available, and these devices command a higher price because of a better, and more satisfying user experience.

And let's face it...these things are common place in the US and UK because we all bath in what most of the world considers "luxury"...this stuff is all "every day" to us. It becomes a bit skewed when we start looking at what is a premium offering, because everything is everywhere, lol.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    10-14-2013 04:27 PM
    "I have no problem with Apple , they make good products but they are simply too expensive, the 5C was overpriced from the start . Samsung are the best selling phone company because they make phones to suit all peoples budgets."

That's a comment that is much the same as I have been trying to make. When I am sat on a table of 5 at the work canteen and I'm the only one without an iPhone, when I see kids going to school on the bus with iPhones, I'm not so convinced that the iPhone is a premium device that justifies a high price with a lack of discount, more like an expensive mass market product.
    So, because your coworkers and some kid's parents can afford to buy iPhones, you feel this somehow entitles you to a discount? For all the other points you try to make, this obsession with the iPhone's "lack" of a discount is the most interesting. The iPhone is a premium device, that just happens to have a mass market demand. A mass market that will pay that premium price. Some might say, it is a successful premium device. Lack of sales numbers does not make something premium. It makes it a flop. Inversely, immense sales does not reduce something from premium. If Ferrari sold more cars next year than Hyundai, it would not make Ferrari less premium. In addition, if Ferrari managed this level of sales at full MSRP, why would they then discount that price?

Like I said before, if you don't want to buy an iPhone at full price, feel free to buy something else. If you're after a discount, you can get a Blackberry Z10 for like $300, new and unlocked, off Amazon right now.
    10-14-2013 07:52 PM
    What Yorkie wants is someone to PROVE worth to HIM...but it's a lost cause, because he/she doesn't feel the worthiness is there, so our justifications, lists of reasons and endless, long winded posts about these things simply fall on deaf ears. Yorkie made of their mind and is searching for someone to debate it with...even after listing most of the differences between the iPhone and the iPod Touch, the only response was really just a "Thanks for the list...I still don't agree."

He has predetermined that the iPhone is not a premium device and not worthy of the extra cost. The replies might as well be "I know you are, but what am I?"
    10-14-2013 08:00 PM
    One that doesn't want to know can not be convinced.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    10-14-2013 08:13 PM
29 12