• 5c

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Nexus 4 currently, and while it's ok; I'm just not being drawn in by Android. I really like iOS, and use my MacBook Air for college so having my notes and documents readily available would be nice as well via iCloud. I just can't decide if I should get the 5s or the 5c. I don't really game much on my phone, a little Angry Birds or Minecraft here or there but not much. I mostly use it for texting, calls, web browsing, social networking, Flipboard for news, etc. Stuff like that. I'd like to get 2+ years out of it, and would be purchasing one for T-Mobile at full retail and use with a prepaid plan. I'm just wondering which you recommend for my usage.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Given how you want to use it, I'd say you would be fine with either one of these two new iPhones. If you afford the extra $100 and plan on taking a lot of pictures or playing games on it, I would go with the 5S due to the better camera and processor.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you don't already have an iPhone yet why don't you go for the latest and greatest iPhone 5s.. If its to much for you then you can get a 5c or even the 5 which is still great

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As others have already mentioned either one will be fine. It depends how much you want to spend. If you don't take a lot of pictures I would consider looking at the iPhone 5. You'll probably find one at a discounted price. It's basically the 5c without the plastic and runs all the features of iOS 7.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Apple and choose to look at the features of both phone side by side and as you are doing that... Ask yourself a simple question. Whether I am buying full price or upgrade and especially upgrade meaning I am going to keep this phone for the next 2 years like I am and did with my 4S this should help you more than us.
I say this because if you are going to keep this phone for the next 2 years you don't want to get the features that in 6 months you wish you would have gotten and now you can't. Yes it's true the advice you received was ample but this is also maybe why nobody answered the or voted in the poll. If 100 people said 5S and 10 said 5C but you can't afford the 5S did the poll matter? Just trying to give you some more than something simple to ask yourself and you will know from there what to do. Best of luck to you no matter what you do. :)

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Go to Apple and choose to look at the features of both phone side by side and as you are doing that... Ask yourself a simple question. Whether I am buying full price or upgrade and especially upgrade meaning I am going to keep this phone for the next 2 years like I am and did with my 4S this should help you more than us.
I say this because if you are going to keep this phone for the next 2 years you don't want to get the features that in 6 months you wish you would have gotten and now you can't. Yes it's true the advice you received was ample but this is also maybe why nobody answered the or voted in the poll. If 100 people said 5S and 10 said 5C but you can't afford the 5S did the poll matter? Just trying to give you some more than something simple to ask yourself and you will know from there what to do. Best of luck to you no matter what you do. :)

You're right, There's an Apple store no more then 15 - 20 minutes from my house. I'll check them out on the 20th, I just hope they don't sell out while I'm looking at the display. It's not like I can't afford the 5s though, it's just I don't know if it is worth the extra $100 or so. Checking them out should help though. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You're right, There's an Apple store no more then 15 - 20 minutes from my house. I'll check them out on the 20th, I just hope they don't sell out while I'm looking at the display. It's not like I can't afford the 5s though, it's just I don't know if it is worth the extra $100 or so. Checking them out should help though. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Actually let me clarify one thing please that was my fault. I meant to simply go to Apple and you can sit at the comfort of your home and look at everything you would need to compare the phones right there without making the trip to the Apple store in fact more than you will need. If you compare when you go there is not the time because of the traffic at the store. You and they will be overwhelmed with business. Know what you need to know at home on the computer, make up your mind, stick with it and then do what you decide to do if the 20th or even later. Take care and best of luck. Let us know what you find out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I should add that while the store is close and that is good, Remember you will know way more on the computer at the Apple website than you can at the store and if your intention is to buy on the 20th off or on contract that is just money yes but the $100.00 you speak of amortize that over the 2 years and I will guarantee you that you will be much better off with the 5S. Again that is not truly meaning to tell you what to do when I told you that you are the only one that can make up your mind. :)

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
It's still such a difficult decision! I'm leaning towards the 5c because I really love the blue one with the white case, and really it's all the phone I'll need for atleast 2 years. Then again I look over at the 5s and it's upgraded processor and everything does look enticing. However I don't feel like spending more if I don't have to for a phone that does what I want. I should also note that I do a lot of music and high quality video streaming as well. Will the 5c be able to handle this?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Get the one that works best for YOU...not the one we think is best.
WOW how many times do you think that answer has been given out here in the forums Sean. It is the only way to do it. Look over the info and based on your personal and or business needs buy what you can afford and what will work best for you. If you are happy with your choice, So will we and we will help you with anything you need to know about it. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
WOW how many times do you think that answer has been given out here in the forums Sean. It is the only way to do it. Look over the info and based on your personal and or business needs buy what you can afford and what will work best for you. If you are happy with your choice, So will we and we will help you with anything you need to know about it. :)

It's been given entirely too much to be honest. And in the end, I can understand people desiring input from peers about these devices...they cost a lot of money and there are people who know infinitely MORE about the device than the next guy. And if someone asked for a comparison between the two phones (and the +s and -s amongst them), we're always pretty open to answer...but I get hung up on people asking other people to choose a phone for them, it's silly.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Alright, after comparing both the 5s and the 5c, I've come to the conclusion that the 5s is worth the extra $100. It's really double the iPhone in terms of processing power, and the new apps coming out as well as updated existing ones will make use of the A7 and M7. I'm really liking the Space Gray with the black 5s case. I just hope the servers don't buckle under the stress at 12:01am!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's been given entirely too much to be honest. And in the end, I can understand people desiring input from peers about these devices...they cost a lot of money and there are people who know infinitely MORE about the device than the next guy. And if someone asked for a comparison between the two phones (and the +s and -s amongst them), we're always pretty open to answer...but I get hung up on people asking other people to choose a phone for them, it's silly.
Without a doubt there is no argument on my end with your statement especially the beginning of it. I also agree that it gets silly when you, Me or anyone else here would actually tell someone asking this question on us choosing their phone, That is where it gets crazy. Still nice to know that they ask these because they respect our opinions, that always makes you feel good.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my 5s right when the Apple.com store went live! Set for delivery between Sept. 30 - Oct 2. :|. I hope that's just a safe estimate and it comes much sooner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711