I followed the link and know that my 4s is compatible, but said nothing about iWork. It says devices activated after September 1st. I wonder if I can wipe my phone after 7 install and get the apps. Technically the iPhone activates after a wipe, not a new activation, maybe just an activation with AT&T but its still worth a shot.
    I tried it with my iPad last night (it is after September 1), and it was a no go. YMMV.
    09-11-2013 02:44 PM
    I tried it with my iPad last night (it is after September 1), and it was a no go. YMMV.
    Damn it! Way to crush a man's dreams, lol! Thanks though!

I assume you have a carrier branded iPad?
    09-11-2013 02:54 PM
    Damn it! Way to crush a man's dreams, lol! Thanks though!

I assume you have a carrier branded iPad?
    Wifi & AT&T...
    09-11-2013 03:03 PM
    So iWork is only free to devices sold going forward? For example my iPhone 5 and I are not eligible right?
    That is right.
    09-11-2013 06:56 PM
    its new devices, yes. I already have iWork but I'm happy to see this because it'll help make iWork more popular, and help break the MS Office stranglehold.
    That is exactly why i wrote this guide which you can link and bookmark or also find in Guides and How Tos. Best of luck.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-t...atibility.html
    09-11-2013 06:59 PM
    They said that anyone updating to iOS 7 will be eligible didn't they? There will be a pop up with a code to download it.
    There will be no code or pop up per se on IOS 7. When you buy a NEW device i.e. 5S and you are setting it up you will get a screen which aI have posted that will tell you to Download all with the click of one button along with iPhoto/ iMovie. This certainly has to excite many who have not used it or would not buy these apps previous.

iWork? Does Anyone Care?-capture.pngiWork? Does Anyone Care?-capture1.png
    09-11-2013 07:05 PM
    Duh. New devices. I get that. I don't dispute that. What is at issue is if you get a new device, get the app(s) and they are in your iTunes library, can these apps downloaded for free be also installed on other devices under the same AppleID.
    Well I suppose since you wish to be condesending to me when I am trying to help the best I can I am sure you will find your answer and as always I apologize for trying to assist everyone including someone who i am suppose to be working along side.
    09-11-2013 07:09 PM
    No. They specifically mentioned "any new device". And it’s not an issue to me, as I already have all but Numbers and Keynote on my iOS devices... not sure I will be creating any presentations on my phone...

BTW, did anyone notice Tim Cook's gaff in the keynote? Check out the video at the 17:19 mark where Cook called Pages "the most beautiful spreadsheet ever written for a mobile device". Clearly he confused Pages and Numbers...
    I did notice that and why I started it at 17:14. I guess even Tim Cook is entitled to a blunder
    09-11-2013 07:13 PM
    I'm interested in iMovie and iPhoto.
    09-12-2013 03:09 PM
    They said that anyone updating to iOS 7 will be eligible didn't they? There will be a pop up with a code to download it.
    This is what I am hoping for as well, so I can update my iPad Mini to IOS7 and get iWork... but if it's only for "NEW" devices... that would suck.
    09-13-2013 12:18 PM
    I would love to get iWork on my phone. Just because at some time in the future I plan to get an Apple laptop and would like to not have to use Google Docs on both.
    09-18-2013 03:58 PM
    I have used keynote to cobble together simple yet surprisingly decent looking presentations on my iphone. Never tried numbers (use mostly google drive for updating work-related spreadsheets). I think they are better used on a tablet, and would be a nice little bonus for any schools or organisations looking to use them in their teaching.
    09-20-2013 09:11 AM
    Anyone with a non new device able to get these apps for free in the App Store after 7 update?
    09-20-2013 09:39 AM
    Anyone with a non new device able to get these apps for free in the App Store after 7 update?
    Negative. If it happens to anyone, it would likely be a fluke.
    09-20-2013 02:10 PM
    I purchased the iPhone 5s yesterday and received the entire iWork suite for free as promised. My wife and I share the same ID for purchases (we each have our own Apple ID for iCloud). After I installed the iWork suite, the apps showed up in my "purchased" section of the AppStore. Once there, she was able to download them at no charge to her iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. Thanks Apple!
    09-21-2013 08:26 PM
    I took my iPhone 5 to an Apple store on Sep. 18th, the day iOS 7 dropped.
    Because of a camera issue, they swapped it out and gave me a new one, which was activated that day in the store.

Today while looking around in the App Store, I noticed that Pages, Numbers & Keynote were available as a free download.
    I may never use them, but I downloaded them anyway.
    If it's free, I'll take a dozen, lol.

A year ago I payed for and downloaded iPhoto, iMovie & Garage Band, but nothing from the iWork suite.

So, either this was a fluke, or these apps are available to any newly activated device, not just the 5S & 5C.
    If you know of anyone getting a 4S, have them try it.

Screenies available upon request.
    09-21-2013 10:19 PM
    It appears that any new device activated after September 1st can get the iWork apps gratis... and as noted above - once they show up as purchased in your iTunes, you can install them on other devices under the same AppleID...
    09-21-2013 10:25 PM
    It appears that any new device activated after September 1st can get the iWork apps gratis... and as noted above - once they show up as purchased in your iTunes, you can install them on other devices under the same AppleID...
    I can confirm this
    09-21-2013 10:28 PM
    I can confirm this
    Me, too...

http://forums.imore.com/ios-7/262153...ml#post2085662
    09-21-2013 11:12 PM
    Since Apple is giving it away with new devices... they ought drop the price for the rest of us... I'm not about to drop $9.99 per... I'd go up to $1.99 per though...
    09-22-2013 11:13 AM
    Since Apple is giving it away with new devices... they ought drop the price for the rest of us... I'm not about to drop $9.99 per... I'd go up to $1.99 per though...
    Or eventually when u upgrade you will get them for free
    09-22-2013 11:36 AM
    Depends what their goals are.
    Is Apple encouraging people to upgrade their devices?
    Do they want large scale adoption of their iWork apps?
    Or something else?
    09-22-2013 12:11 PM
47 12