In line for the new iPhone... un-bleeping-believable.... per reports being tweeted.
    bgl321 and MERCDROID like this.
    09-06-2013 11:48 AM
    Can't you pre-order online and get one just as quick?
    09-06-2013 11:52 AM
    If you get a pre-order in early enough, you'll have delivery the same day it launches in stores...
    09-06-2013 11:54 AM
    In line for the new iPhone... un-bleeping-believable.... per reports being tweeted.
    Wow!...#smh...I suppose they are the people who want to be on the news and be able to speak about the experience of waiting in line to get the latest i-device, huh? Well, they can have it.
    09-06-2013 12:00 PM
    Wow!...#smh...I suppose they are the people who want to be on the news and be able to speak about the experience of waiting in line to get the latest i-device, huh? Well, they can have it.
    If it's like past years, some of them are getting paid to sit there. Not necessarily by another customer, but by a device accessory maker for instance.

I could see it being entertaining I didn't have other important things to do like family and work. Just endless days of people watching
    kch50428 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-06-2013 12:52 PM
    Very...odd. I'm trying to come up with reasons to justify how or why I could ever do something like that. Especially for a product that hasn't even been announced yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-06-2013 01:59 PM
    This is where negative stereotypes come from.

I have to ask the obvious, though: don't these people have JOBS they need to go to instead of sitting in line for two weeks? How are they able to afford their iPhones with no source of income?

Color me confused.
    Good OL MC and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-06-2013 02:01 PM

I have to ask the obvious, though: don't these people have JOBS they need to go to instead of sitting in line for two weeks? How are they able to afford their iPhones with no source of income?

Color me confused.
    Lol They probably requested vacation from their job for two weeks lol I wouldn't be surprised haha I can't believe they are already camping out lol Rain or shine lol
    09-06-2013 02:03 PM

Color me confused.
    These are the ones who quit looking for work so that the reported unemployment numbers could improve. #notjoking
    Alik Malix and bgl321 like this.
    09-06-2013 02:18 PM
    I love my iPhone just as much as the next person but there's no way I'm standing in line for more than 30 minutes for a phone! I usually don't wait more than 30 for food :-)
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-06-2013 02:52 PM
    Some people just like to be a part of the party...and if it makes them happy I can't hate on them, there are worse things they could be doing (crack, espionage, politician).

I'll sit my happy a$$ at home on release day and let the UPS man do all the work...I actually can't believe I ever did it any other way, but that changed with the 3GS, lol. Now I just watch Sports Center until the doorbell rings!
    MERCDROID, Just_Me_D and Jaguarr40 like this.
    09-06-2013 03:02 PM
    Ya, I can't really see the draw in waiting in line for days. I pre-order and get it shipped to me on release day. So what if I don't have it at 8:00am? But if the people waiting get some sort of enjoyment out of it, then who am I to judge? It's not harming me at all, so more power to them.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-06-2013 03:10 PM
    I will admit this, when the 3G came out, me and my wife got up at 2am, and went and got in line (we were like #8 in line), and towards dawn, they brought us free Chik-fil-a breakfast, free tea or coffee, and it started raining heavily right before the store opened up, so they started ushering people in and zig zagging them into the mall. When we walked out, I remember seeing a line that went towards the entry door and thinking "Wow, that is a lot of people!" and then walking outside and realizing that it wrapped around the entire mall building and down P'tree street...in a storm, in the middle of summer...and they didn't have anywhere near enough stock to cover all of the people, lol.

It wasn't a terrible experience, but I'd never willingly do it again.
    09-06-2013 03:18 PM
    Some people just like to be a part of the party...and if it makes them happy I can't hate on them, there are worse things they could be doing (crack, espionage, politician).

I'll sit my happy a$$ at home on release day and let the UPS man do all the work...I actually can't believe I ever did it any other way, but that changed with the 3GS, lol. Now I just watch Sports Center until the doorbell rings!
    Copy that. I did the stand-in-line-it's-a-party thing once. It was a fantastic experience. But at this point, I can say "been there, done that"... and like Sean, I’m home waiting for the UPS man (or FedEx man) to deliver my phone, thank you very much.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-06-2013 03:35 PM
    Anyone remember Rachel?
    Eileen89, Trees, moloes and 2 others like this.
    09-06-2013 03:43 PM
    I knew the waiting in line would start soon, but this is ridiculous, lol.
    09-06-2013 05:37 PM
    Last year I pre ordered .. This year I'll just get up in the morning and go to Verizon .. If I get one great of not ill just call around and find one

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    09-06-2013 10:21 PM
    To each their own I guess. You just won't find me waiting in line. Good luck to them.
    09-07-2013 12:29 AM
    ^^^That video has to be fake right? I mean she has to be acting...

Anyways..I've never stood in line for an iPhone or any phone for that matter. Maybe I'll do it one day if I move to NY(seems like the funnest place to do it). Till then I'll just risk getting "scammed" on the internet lol
    09-07-2013 01:41 AM
    Last year I pre ordered .. This year I'll just get up in the morning and go to Verizon .. If I get one great of not ill just call around and find one
    Depending on what storage size you're looking for I don't think you'll have a problem picking one up on launch day. I got my 4S later during the day from AT&T because I had to work. They still had 2 of the 64GB left so I took that size.
    09-07-2013 05:07 AM
    Anyone remember Rachel?
    Ok please tell me that was a spoof and not a real story.
    09-07-2013 09:19 AM
    In line for a finger censer and a dual flash
    Wow
    09-07-2013 09:56 AM
    When I pre-ordered my 5 last year it actually was delivered the night before release day ... I did not complain.
    09-07-2013 04:35 PM
    Anyone remember Rachel?
    Bahahaha that's great Dennis!!

I waited in line last year with a friend for the 5 and before that for the 3G.

Maybe these people waiting in line are going to be in the new Samsung commercials this year showing how dumb us iPhone owners are. Can't wait to see what Samsuck comes up with year!
    09-08-2013 04:04 AM
    In line for a finger censer and a dual flash
    Wow
    There are many other features besides these. Apple hasn't made their announcement yet. Besides you don't know what other phone that person is upgrading from. To someone who is still using and upgrading from the iPhone 3G, those new features alone might sound very attractive to that person.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 09-08-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    09-08-2013 05:08 AM
27 12