Last year was my first time pre-ordering an iPhone, but I done so with an early upgrade.

This year I plan on purchasing the iPhone 5s, but I might have to pay full price. Can I pre-order an iPhone at full price? Has anyone had experience doing so?
    08-30-2013 06:07 PM
    Yes, you can preorder at full price.
    08-30-2013 06:10 PM
    From any Carrier including your favorite Apple store they will be happy to accept for full retail for the new phone!!
    08-30-2013 09:44 PM
    yes but if u have the iphone 5 you should just trade in!
    09-05-2013 05:50 PM
    yes but if u have the iphone 5 you should just trade in!
    However of you have a new contract you obviously could not just trade in. I just got my i5 in July and will buy the latest model when that comes out. Hopefully not too much.
    09-05-2013 07:35 PM
    However of you have a new contract you obviously could not just trade in. I just got my i5 in July and will buy the latest model when that comes out. Hopefully not too much.
    If you are talking specifically about the 5S and more than likely prices will stay the same as example an unlocked normal black 16GB that would run $199.00 on contract - whatever full retail would be as it is now is what it tis going to cost you at full retail for the newest phone down the line for the rest of them.
    09-09-2013 04:57 PM
    If you are talking specifically about the 5S and more than likely prices will stay the same as example an unlocked normal black 16GB that would run $199.00 on contract - whatever full retail would be as it is now is what it tis going to cost you at full retail for the newest phone down the line for the rest of them.
    I paid full retail for my 4s to get away from my crappy BB and all total, it was about $750.
    09-09-2013 05:04 PM
    I paid full retail for my 4s to get away from my crappy BB and all total, it was about $750.
    I did the same thing when I went from the crappy BB Bold 9000 to my old 3GS. That was the best move I ever made and the one that started my iPhone addiction, lol.
    09-09-2013 06:16 PM
    I did the same thing when I went from the crappy BB Bold 9000 to my old 3GS. That was the best move I ever made and the one that started my iPhone addiction, lol.
    I am really sorry ladies but there is not a phone on the market, nor a circumstance to make me pay that much full retail because I can't wait to get away from a phone I want out of.
    I am with VZW and had a BB tour 9630 that I wanted out of and waited 4 months from my upgrade in 2011 from Aug until Dec. until i waled in to my local Apple store and paid $199.00 for a 16GB 4S. I am going to do the same thing now. My upgrade is ready and I will wait until I hear what the public says about the new phone and use my own resource network here that both of you have as well. Once I feel good about it, That is when I will upgrade. Also I have never once in 22 months had any trouble with this phone and I am not one that needs the newest and best as soon as it comes out. Just my 2 cents.
    09-09-2013 06:44 PM
    Even though it will be expensive I will buy the 5s. I've tried other platforms and found iOS fits my needs the best. I have sold my old BB10 devices and it will cover the cost for a 5s off contract.
    09-14-2013 09:45 AM
    Even though it will be expensive I will buy the 5s. I've tried other platforms and found iOS fits my needs the best. I have sold my old BB10 devices and it will cover the cost for a 5s off contract.
    This is what I do to to offset the cost of the full retail price. I'm selling my iPhone 5 to get the 5S on the 20th.
    09-15-2013 08:20 AM
    From any Carrier including your favorite Apple store they will be happy to accept for full retail for the new phone!!
    Not at my local Apple Store. They require an activation at time of purchase. Well, at least for the 5 they did.
    09-16-2013 12:18 AM
    if you have a spare phone you can easily just switch to that phone and trade in your i5 or sell it or whatever to make up the difference for the i5S sure you'd have to use a semi crappy phone for a while but i think the end result is worth it.
    09-16-2013 06:45 AM
    Not at my local Apple Store. They require an activation at time of purchase. Well, at least for the 5 they did.
    The OP asked if a new phone can be Pre -Ordered at full price. I don't understand what your statement in bold is. Also any carrier is going to ask you to activate a phone when you buy it.
    09-16-2013 04:43 PM
    The OP asked if a new phone can be Pre -Ordered at full price. I don't understand what your statement in bold is. Also any carrier is going to ask you to activate a phone when you buy it.
    You're right. I associated "full price" with outright purchase without activation. I was able to buy a 4s and walk out of the store without activation. With the 5, they wouldn't sell it to me unless I activated it at their store.
    09-16-2013 05:04 PM
    Apple is, for the first time, pre-selling iPhone 5Cs without SIMs in them from the online store. Typically they've only done that _after_ launch - sometimes a few weeks after launch. Assuming they do the same in retail stores, you _should_ be able to walk out of an Apple Store without activating the phone this time around, once they're on sale on the 20th.
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-17-2013 12:46 PM
    Apple is, for the first time, pre-selling iPhone 5Cs without SIMs in them from the online store. Typically they've only done that _after_ launch - sometimes a few weeks after launch. Assuming they do the same in retail stores, you _should_ be able to walk out of an Apple Store without activating the phone this time around, once they're on sale on the 20th.
    Since we're on the discussion, I'd like to ask you why you think that is? Not necessarily about the iPhone 5C. But why is it
    that sim-free, unlocked versions of the newest iPhone get released weeks later after launch? A manufacturing thing or is
    it a budge that Apple gives to the carriers like a "Okay. For the most part we control what you do with our stuff. So we'll
    give you this." And for those wondering what the advantage would be to carriers is doing that is simple. I see it as people
    nowadays needing something NOW and just going with the locked version since it's the soonest they can grab one.
    09-17-2013 01:54 PM
    I am really sorry ladies but there is not a phone on the market, nor a circumstance to make me pay that much full retail because I can't wait to get away from a phone I want out of.
    I am with VZW and had a BB tour 9630 that I wanted out of and waited 4 months from my upgrade in 2011 from Aug until Dec. until i waled in to my local Apple store and paid $199.00 for a 16GB 4S. I am going to do the same thing now. My upgrade is ready and I will wait until I hear what the public says about the new phone and use my own resource network here that both of you have as well. Once I feel good about it, That is when I will upgrade. Also I have never once in 22 months had any trouble with this phone and I am not one that needs the newest and best as soon as it comes out. Just my 2 cents.
    For the 5S, supply seems to be short. The best time to get it without having to wait weeks is right at launch. If I were you, I'd buy it, use it, and you'll still have a period of time to gauge reaction as well as form your own opinion.

The sooner you use your upgrade, the sooner you're eligible for it again. You should always try to take your subsidy asap. Even if you don't like the 5S, it would sell for top dollar (600+) and you keep your 4S. There's really no reason to wait.
    09-17-2013 02:12 PM
    Since we're on the discussion, I'd like to ask you why you think that is? Not necessarily about the iPhone 5C. But why is it
    that sim-free, unlocked versions of the newest iPhone get released weeks later after launch? A manufacturing thing or is
    it a budge that Apple gives to the carriers like a "Okay. For the most part we control what you do with our stuff. So we'll
    give you this." And for those wondering what the advantage would be to carriers is doing that is simple. I see it as people
    nowadays needing something NOW and just going with the locked version since it's the soonest they can grab one.
    I think that that is a pretty good assumption.
    09-17-2013 03:21 PM
    You never had a Storm did you?

I've had my 4s almost two years and I have no need to upgrade. It still works perfectly and until it breaks, I'm staying put.
    09-18-2013 02:30 PM