Judge to install external antitrust monitor at Apple

When I read this article all i could think was that if this is really needed by the Justice Dept. to go through these lengths to put on Apple. Like the old Timex commercial I am thinking...takes a beating but keeps on ticking Apple does. Does the DOJ really feel that Apple breaks that many anti trust laws in the way they do business compared to other major companies like Microsoft, Samsung, LG, and we can dance on and on. it just does not make sense to me to make this kind of effort for Apple. Read this article and leave what you think or is the DOJ right in doing this? Maybe the judge needs an iPad!

Judge to install external antitrust monitor at Apple | iMore
    08-28-2013 07:06 PM
    08-29-2013 09:55 AM
    Judge to install external antitrust monitor at Apple

When I read this article all i could think was that if this is really needed by the Justice Dept. to go through these lengths to put on Apple. Like the old Timex commercial I am thinking...takes a beating but keeps on ticking Apple does. Does the DOJ really feel that Apple breaks that many anti trust laws in the way they do business compared to other major companies like Microsoft, Samsung, LG, and we can dance on and on. it just does not make sense to me to make this kind of effort for Apple. Read this article and leave what you think or is the DOJ right in doing this? Maybe the judge needs an iPad!

Judge to install external antitrust monitor at Apple | iMore
    Not the DOJ, the judge feels that it is needed. It's not that they break a lot of anti-trust laws or break them often. The judge feels as though Apple has shown no remorse and Apple still feels they did not do anything wrong despite being found guilty. For that reason she has made this ruling. Had Apple maybe said anything resembling slight remorse they could have avoided it and probably gotten a fine only.

Apple was found guilty. Apple now is at the mercy of the courts to decide their punishment. And if they want any they had better change their attitude.

I also wasn't aware of any anti-trust suits against Samsung or LG in US courts. Are there any?
    08-29-2013 11:02 AM