Apple store repair practice for iPhone 5

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So... A friend of mine has two iPhone 5, that needs to be repaired. (Power button quit on both, and one of them needs a new battery)

Their cell provider will repair it, it'll just take a week, so having tried the awesome customer service in an Apple store, I've offered to bring to an Apple store for them.

Unfortunately the closest Apple store is in another country, I'm going there anyways, and its approximately an hour and a half from here.

From what I've read and experienced (with iPads. Never had a problem with my iPhone) I was expecting that they'd just replace them with with either a new, or a refurbished phone.

But I've just read an article (Apple to Update AppleCare with Subscription Service and In-Store Repair Options - Mac Rumors), about Apple planning to change their service to start repairing phones instead of outright replacing them.

Have they started to do that in your experience? I really don't want to come back the next day or two days later, so what do you think I can expect? Thanks!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Right now it's under warranty. Apple or the carrier will handle it. There should be no time frame.

They should just switch it out..

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! The carrier btw wants to repair it, which would leave my friend without a phone for a week or ten days. Guess I should have made that clearer ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! The carrier btw wants to repair it, which would leave my friend without a phone for a week or ten days. Guess I should have made that clearer ;)

That should make your decision much easier... if you’re already going to be in the area of the Apple store, let Apple swap them out...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
"Unfortunately the closest Apple store is in another country"

What countries are we talking about? You might want to call the Apple Store you are planning to visit and make sure you can get service in another country.

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh no, getting service in another country isn't a problem!

I'm from Europe, and have had Apple things bought here fixed in both Canadian and American Apple stores. (Just not a phone).

As long as its an Apple product, they don't care where you bought it.

One time I even showed up with an iPad I bought second hand, and I could see that it still had the old owners name marked as the owner in their internal system.

Apple truly delivers awesome, awesome customer service compared to anybody else out there...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73