My back and forth with iOS

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I definitely understand not being able to decide between the OSes. They are both mature and both have their strengthens and weaknesses. That said I like to keep up to speed with both OSes, therefore I have the iPhone 5s and the 2013 Nexus 7.

This combination allows me to use both OSes and get updates to both as soon as they are released. I chose iOS for my phone, because I like the smaller phone with a great camera (although I do wish the iPhone was the size of the Moto X as I think the 4.7 inch screen is the perfect size and fits so well in the hand). I carry my phone everywhere and want it to be easy to carry. Also, new Android phones seem to be released each month and I would go broke trying to keep up and the Carriers are not quick to update those devices, though they are getting better.

I chose the Nexus 7 for my tablet because for me a 7 inch is the perfect size for reading and watching videos on my commute to work. Having the N7 allows me to customize it to my liking and knowing that it will get the newest versions of Android as soon as Google releases it is great :). I Compared the N7 to the iPad Mini, and the N7 has much better specs and the 32gb model is $160.00 cheaper.

Just my 0.02
~S

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I definitely understand not being able to decide between the OSes. They are both mature and both have their strengthens and weaknesses. That said I like to keep up to speed with both OSes, therefore I have the iPhone 5s and the 2013 Nexus 7.

This combination allows me to use both OSes and get updates to both as soon as they are released. I chose iOS for my phone, because I like the smaller phone with a great camera (although I do wish the iPhone was the size of the Moto X as I think the 4.7 inch screen is the perfect size and fits so well in the hand). I carry my phone everywhere and want it to be easy to carry. Also, new Android phones seem to be released each month and I would go broke trying to keep up and the Carriers are not quick to update those devices, though they are getting better.

I chose the Nexus 7 for my tablet because for me a 7 inch is the perfect size for reading and watching videos on my commute to work. Having the N7 allows me to customize it to my liking and knowing that it will get the newest versions of Android as soon as Google releases it is great :). I Compared the N7 to the iPad Mini, and the N7 has much better specs and the 32gb model is $160.00 cheaper.

Just my 0.02
~S

Yeah. It's just, I kinda gear others on podcasts talk about how their switching to Android from iOS, and I just want to make sure I'm not making a mistake or missing something about Android.

It just seems I can't find a android device that's stable, fast, has a great camera, great battery, and good software support. The iPhone 5s hits all those points.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It's just, I kinda gear others on podcasts talk about how their switching to Android from iOS, and I just want to make sure I'm not making a mistake or missing something about Android.

It just seems I can't find a android device that's stable, fast, has a great camera, great battery, and good software support. The iPhone 5s hits all those points.

Don't forget about reducing stress as another requirement :) if you factor that in, then from everything you've shared in this thread, I believe that you want the 5S. But, that's just my analysis, and of course I could be wrong :confused:

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

My galaxy S3 is fast, stable, camera is good enough (although I prefer my Nikon), and good software support depending on what kind of software you want- google apps, the major apps, i.e. twitter, facebook, netflix, pandora, etc.

Personally, in terms of hardware, OS, and the basics- gps, email, internet, etc. the S3 is just fine, right up there with the iPhone.
I still have to give the nod to iOS due to iTunes and 3rd party apps.

Me? I switch back and forth because I can't sit still.
On Android, I lust after the iPhone's design, 3rd party support- apps, cases.
On iOS, I lust after the bigger screens, ability to customize the iOS

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy S3 is fast, stable, camera is good enough (although I prefer my Nikon), and good software support depending on what kind of software you want- google apps, the major apps, i.e. twitter, facebook, netflix, pandora, etc.

Personally, in terms of hardware, OS, and the basics- gps, email, internet, etc. the S3 is just fine, right up there with the iPhone.

Maybe it's my android device I'm using? I'm using a nexus 4.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I know what you mean. I was thinking of selling my s4 but now I am rethinking it. I don't want to feel excluded from android, I just want to switch back and forth as I see fit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, tomorrow's my upgrade day.

I really hope they actually have iPhone 5S's in stock now. But my choice has become more difficult hearing how good the galaxy note 3 is. So it's between those two I think (5s or note 3)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
While I'm super happy with my 5S, if you haven't already, take a look at a Note 2 in a store or with a friend who has one. While the larger size was a non-issue for me, it's a good idea to get some comparisons in your hands. If you want Android and the accompanying ecosystem, in my view Note 2 is one of the best Android choices out there. The large Custom ROM community is another plus, and there's a wealth of knowledge on this and the Phone in general at AC, etc.

Now, if you're expecting that Kies will provide iTunes equivalency - that will not happen. If Note 3 is in stores already, then all of this applies to the 3, but Custom ROMs may not be out for a while.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean. I was thinking of selling my s4 but now I am rethinking it. I don't want to feel excluded from android, I just want to switch back and forth as I see fit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what kind of tablet do you have?
You could pick up a iPhone 5S and a Nexus 7... or stick with the S4 and get an iPad.

I have a old galaxy tab that I rooted. And a Kindle Fire HD (it's so locked down it's not really Android but I still love the damn thing).
So when I switch, I'll be OK. :D

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Now, if you're expecting that Kies will provide iTunes equivalency - that will not happen.

Today at work a colleague and I were discussing iPhone vs. Android. We both prefer Android, but we agreed that Apple has Google beat by light years in this department. The iTunes sync & backup system cannot be beat, by any company on any platform. I am still in awe every time I do a restore and everything is back exactly how it was.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Well what kind of tablet do you have?
You could pick up a iPhone 5S and a Nexus 7... or stick with the S4 and get an iPad.

I have a old galaxy tab that I rooted. And a Kindle Fire HD (it's so locked down it's not really Android but I still love the damn thing).
So when I switch, I'll be OK. :D

That is exactly the setup I have... an iPhone 5s and a Nexus 7. Great combination. I sold my GS4 to get the 5s. Looking forward to installing 4.4 Kit Kat on my N7 when it drops this month. Who knows how long it will take the other manufactures to update to the latest Android Version, though they are getting quicker.....

~S

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Today at work a colleague and I were discussing iPhone vs. Android. We both prefer Android, but we agreed that Apple has Google beat by light years in this department. The iTunes sync & backup system cannot be beat, by any company on any platform. I am still in awe every time I do a restore and everything is back exactly how it was.

Well said. iTunes backup/sync + iCloud is one of the main reasons I moved back to iOS.

I still like some of the features that Android 4.x brings- automatable, file system access, in context sharing via app integration, and notification light are a few that just came to mind.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW