My back and forth with iOS

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You know, thinking about it when I was trying to decide on either the moto x, HTCONE, or S4, I realized that the only device that seems to be with little compromises for me is the iPhone. Like, moto x has the software I like and batterylife, but the camera is meh and so is the screen. The HTC one has a great screen, but it's batterylife is kinda meh and it's software isn't what I want (stock android), and the S4 has the camera and accessories support, but has awful software and feels clunky.

iPhone has the solid software, great camera, great batterylife, will get software updates right when they hit, has great accessory support, and a great screen.

The only caveats are no widgets and notifications aren't as good. And I can learn to deal with that I think

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was using my mom's iPhone 5 for a bit last night, and have to admit it was strange going back to that smaller screen. But I liked how I finally was using a phone that fit in my hand, ha ha.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I was considering the white and silver 5S because whenever I think of a iPhone, I always think of white.

Originally I was going to sell my ipad 4 to help pay the initial AT&T next cost of a android phone or iphone and put towards some bills. But if I go with the iPhone 5S I might as well keep the ipad 4. Then maybe sell the nexus 7 2013 I have.

Is that the same Nexus you've sold already?

Yep, just last month (8/29) you said..
So, my nexus 7 just sold for my buy now price if 257 dollars. It was a 32gb model, so it was a small hit. But it's certainly not bad. More than I would have received on gazelle.com or something.

I remember at the time wondering why you didn't just return it for a refund...but you seemed happy and all. . On 8/7 you said this:
I just can't figure it out. I don't know if it means I can't think for myself or what?

For example, I really wanted to try out the nexus 7, so I traded in m iPad mini to amazon to pay for the nexus 7. However, now I'm wondering if that was a mistake

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Is that the same Nexus you've sold already?

Yep, just last month (8/29) you said..

I remember at the time wondering why you didn't just return it for a refund...but you seemed happy and all. . On 8/7 you said this:

Unfortunately the person who bought it was using the buyers account illegally. So the sale didn't go through. I still have the nexus 7. In fact, I've put it and taken it off on eBay so much because I've kept changing my mind. And I've done the same with my iPad because I thought selling it on eBay could help pay for a new phone. I've taken that on and off of eBay a lot too. I simply can't make up my mind.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
With that said, though, I'm honestly more than likely going to go with the 5S because of reasons I've did used in other threads. Like stability, battery, camera, and app ecosyestem. And timely updates to software.

I just hope at will have 32gb models on Oct 3rd. Apparently there supply's are being limited.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
With that said, though, I'm honestly more than likely going to go with the 5S because of reasons I've did used in other threads. Like stability, battery, camera, and app ecosyestem. And timely updates to software.

I just hope at will have 32gb models on Oct 3rd. Apparently there supply's are being limited.
Borrowing from JustMe'D: Dude?!

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the person who bought it was using the buyers account illegally. So the sale didn't go through. I still have the nexus 7. In fact, I've put it and taken it off on eBay so much because I've kept changing my mind. And I've done the same with my iPad because I thought selling it on eBay could help pay for a new phone. I've taken that on and off of eBay a lot too. I simply can't make up my mind.

What you do in that case is put it as "Buy it now" only, and set the price high enough so that you're happy if it sells, even if you wanted to keep it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Really, this dumb choice is consuming me. The thing with its is, it just seems to work for me. I do that to micro manage it's battery, worry about it crashing, worry about it getting updates, and so on. Maybe I don't need to baby my Android devices, but I find that the battery life on my nexus 4 isn't lasting me through the day. And that I do get random reboots on it every now and then.

Really, I'm just looking for something I do think need to worry about, be a use at this point I my life I'm trying to eliminate stress. And the last thing I need to stress about is my phone, the thing that's supposed to make my life easier.

But I keep hearing people of podcasts and websites how they are personally switching to Android for this or that reason. And it's making me double guess my self on everything.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Plus, I do think everyone enjoyed know if I'll be able to even get the 5s when my upgrade hits be a use of the supply shortages.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just get the 5s and use it for a few months. If you don't like it, sell it, take the money and pick up the upcoming Nexus 5 or whatever the hot Android of the day is. It's not like you'll have problems selling an iPhone and you'll be stuck with it for a couple years. Only you can decide what you like and what works best for you.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I also thought that If I sold the ipad 4, I'd probably get around 450 dollars or more for it on eBay then I could use part of that money towards the down payment if, say, a moto x and use the rest towards bills.

Because if I sell the ipad 4, there probably won't be much point getting the 5S, right?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well, I also thought that If I sold the ipad 4, I'd probably get around 450 dollars or more for it on eBay then I could use part of that money towards the down payment if, say, a moto x and use the rest towards bills.

Because if I sell the ipad 4, there probably won't be much point getting the 5S, right?

Either you're really dense or you're just having a bit of fun at our expense.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
While I do want the 5S more than any other phone at the moment, I cannot say for sure that I'll stick with apple. Until the new IOS update I was pretty enthralled with android devices primarily. Sorry but I was a broke freshman when the first iphone appeared. I couldn't afford the 800.00 deposit (no credit) so I was forced to wait the smartphone game out until I had more income. I jumped into the smartphone market when android was seriously improving. So that's what I know. I didn't see the need to try an iphone even though it was right there.

I'm what you call a "light user." I don't have a large music library, a lot of pictures or apps. I can easily find the apps I use on both operating systems so that means I can switch back and forth as I see fit. Most people have a music library, not me. I stream everything.The only thing I'll miss is the ability to run an emulator of old video games on my android phone. But even then that's not a deal breaker. Not being able to choose between the two is a great thing mainly because the companies are going to try harder to sway people. And honestly, I'm like a leaf in the wind. I look forward to what samsung does with the S5. I may buy it but 6 months after that I may buy the new iphone as well.

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've used Android, Windows Phone 8, and iOS (5, 6, and 7). Personally, I keep coming back to iOS as it "feels" like everything just works like it is supposed to. Android seemed to me like something someone who loves to tweak every minute detail of their lives would love especially if they use Google services. Windows Phone 8 was nice and flashy, but think it's still too young yet and needs to grow up and mature some more before I'd be willing to switch to it full-time. I just want a simple OS that does what it should without me having to trouble shoot or read forums to figure out and it should be intuitive. More the most part that is iOS and it always has been. It might not always be the case in the future, but for me it is right now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner