My back and forth with iOS

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Seems to me you're just a gadgeteer who likes fussing with his stuff. Nothing wrong with that, as I've done my share. Finally settling on iOS and disciplining myself to stay on iOS and avoid what I consider the pitfalls of Android has really made my life simpler and saves me a ton of dough! There will always be the "next" gadget to chase.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm actually pretty settled on getting the iPhone 5s when it comes out. Since I don't have a subsidized upgrade available, I'm going to use my brothers ATT NEXT upgrade when it's available on October 3rd (assuming the 5S is out by then)

Really, I think sticking with the IOS ecosystem will be a lot easier and less expensive. People complain that IOS is more expensive, which is TECHNICALY true because android has access to cheaper devices, but those devices are a crap shoot on quality. And honestly, with androids makers arms race when it comes to specs means I can't be a hundred or cent sure my phone will still perform awesome 2 years from when I buy it because app developers keep making more graphic intensive games in apps. With a iPhone, I know if I get the 5S, I know I'm going to be perfectly fine for the next two years because apple supports pretty much all their stuff dating back to even 3 or 4 years ago. I don't think you say that argument about any android OEM. Also, getting updates from Apple and not my carrier is a big plus.

So really, it ends up less expensive to be on ios because I don't run the risk of the hardware being obsolete or not supported after 6 months.

If that makes sense...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, pretty much it seems like I'm back and forth, daily, on sticking with android or leaving it for iOS. I keep putting my nexus 7 on eBay, and taking it down the next day, because I really can't decide. I keep reading articles about people switching or staying with ios, and it seems my opinion changes depending on what I read or listen to at the time.

I don't root or flash, I just want a great user experience with great battery life, not have to worry about getting software updates.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Why not just keep the Nexus 7 so that you can dabble with the latest and greatest Android OS?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Figured I had to go all is. Or something.

Anyway, I really don't think I'm 100 per entry decided either way anyway. I think I need to get some more feedback and think on it more. Not sure if me wanting the iPhone 5s is yet again tech lust.

I think another problem is I'm too enamored with the apple mythos . by that I mean that since they were so good for so long getting, it's hard for me to tell if their still the best for me.

I also have this weird all or nothing thing. That if I have a ipad, then I must have a iPhone, a mac, and a ipad mini. I can't mix and match ecosystems. Maybe that's because it's potentialy less expensive and it's easier to just stick with one ecosystem, and I'm stressing which ecosyestem I want to back.

Really, it would be a lot easier DE using if either is or Android just completely sucked, lol. But there both good.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Figured I had to go all is. Or something.

Anyway, I really don't think I'm 100 per entry decided either way anyway. I think I need to get some more feedback and think on it more. Not sure if me wanting the iPhone 5s is yet again tech lust.

I think another problem is I'm too enamored with the apple mythos . by that I mean that since they were so good for so long getting, it's hard for me to tell if their still the best for me.

I also have this weird all or nothing thing. That if I have a ipad, then I must have a iPhone, a mac, and a ipad mini. I can't mix and match ecosystems. Maybe that's because it's potentialy less expensive and it's easier to just stick with one ecosystem, and I'm stressing which ecosyestem I want to back.

Really, it would be a lot easier DE using if either is or Android just completely sucked, lol. But there both good.

I agree with this. I have the same issue. A few months ago I ad a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4. Now I have an iPad 4 and an iPhone 5. I have to choose one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I'm committing to the decision of getting the iPhone 5s when I can on oct 3rd (assuming its out by then.)

I really do think this is the best move for me (regardless of what I might flip flip to tomorrow, lol)

For a variety of reasons:

Since I'm going through a carrier (AT&T) , I absolutely refuse to play roulette with them on wether or not Whatever android phone I might get receives the latest OS updates. So, I'm going to be sidestepping all that BS and get a phone that the carriers can't muck with. In fact, this is one of the bigger selling points for me. I'm the type of person that likes to keep software up to date for a variety of reasons. Example being security improvements.
And honestly, the rest of the reasons (reliability, build quality, apple customer support, batterylife, etc.) is all stuff you guys know all too well and I'll probaly just be preaching to the choir, so I won't go into detail on those.

Suffice to say, I can't wait for the 5S

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm probably just going to hang onto the nexus 7 at least until more towards the end of the month when I see what iPhone 5s looks like,and I might even hang onto it. Don't know

All u know us I relisted and canceled the nexus 7 about 6 times now,which probably will lead to fees later. I'm doing my typical putting the cart before the gorse routine and jumping the gun,and I need to take a step back,a deep breath,and look at the picture for a bit longer.

I'm still kinda leaning toward the 5S, but I'll see when its closer to my upgrade date (Oct 3rd)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm probably just going to hang onto the nexus 7 at least until more towards the end of the month when I see what iPhone 5s looks like,and I might even hang onto it. Don't know

All u know us I relisted and canceled the nexus 7 about 6 times now,which probably will lead to fees later. I'm doing my typical putting the cart before the gorse routine and jumping the gun,and I need to take a step back,a deep breath,and look at the picture for a bit longer.

I'm still kinda leaning toward the 5S, but I'll see when its closer to my upgrade date (Oct 3rd)

As BlackBerry Guy suggested above, a Nexus 7 and iPhone 5s is not a bad combo. You get the latest and greatest iDevice and iOS, plus you can still feed the Android itch. I believe the Nexus is Root and Custom ROM friendly, so you could flash and tweak to hearts content on the 7; and still have a solid and stable phone in the 5S - and stay current with and "plugged into" both ecosystems.

Last edited:

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
im for iOS more than droid, i just believe the iPhone is a better phone than the droids and yes i have used a droid before!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
im for iOS more than droid, i just believe the iPhone is a better phone than the droids and yes i have used a droid before!

I am with you. I think that I'm going to be sticking with my iPhone for a while. I am really enjoying my iPhone 5 too much to switch now.

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site

You are confusing Droids with Android. Droid is a Verizon branded line of android phones. Android is the operating system.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm still really back and forth. I gotta pick one :(

I keep hearing people switching to android, but ios still seems good to me on my ipad. But I think other people's opinions are swaying me back and forth.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I keep hearing people switching to android, but ios still seems good to me on my ipad. But I think other people's opinions are swaying me back and forth.

Why not be your own person and stick with whichever platform best meets your needs. If you like iOS and that works better for you, that is all that matters.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Why not be your own person and stick with whichever platform best meets your needs. If you like iOS and that works better for you, that is all that matters.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

I agree with Rose. Put on your big boy pants and make a decision...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Dude, you created this thread on August 24th. It is now September 14th. WTH? :)...Pick one already! If not, let me help you out...Go and purchase the Space gray, 64 GB iPhone 5S. It will be professional-looking, fast, powerful, have plenty of storage, and will be well-supported for several years...:)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Dude, you created this thread on August 24th. It is now September 14th. WTH? :)...Pick one already! If not, let me help you out...Go and purchase the Space gray, 64 GB iPhone 5S. It will be professional-looking, fast, powerful, have plenty of storage, and will be well-supported for several years...:)

I was considering the white and silver 5S because whenever I think of a iPhone, I always think of white.

Originally I was going to sell my ipad 4 to help pay the initial AT&T next cost of a android phone or iphone and put towards some bills. But if I go with the iPhone 5S I might as well keep the ipad 4. Then maybe sell the nexus 7 2013 I have.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was considering the white and silver 5S because whenever I think of a iPhone, I always think of white.

Originally I was going to sell my ipad 4 to help pay the initial AT&T next cost of a android phone or iphone and put towards some bills. But if I go with the iPhone 5S I might as well keep the ipad 4. Then maybe sell the nexus 7 2013 I have.

Sell the nexus 7. I wouldn't sell my iPad. That is one of my all time favorite devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice