iOS malware can sneak through Apple's approval process

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
A team of researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have revealed a method which they say can slip iOS malware past Apple's App Store approval process.

Does this worry you are a App Store consumer?

I feel a bit better on it being tested and proved that Apple needs to step up their game on approval on apps, etc to the store.... But still not 100% comfortable in knowing it may have been like this for quite some time.

What kind of changes would we likely see to the App Store and approval process?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't worry me at all as I tend not to download any new App until I have had a chance to see some of the reviews for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read the article the other day and it's a shame that stuff like that happens, but that's the world we live in I suppose. Does it worry me as an App Store consumer? A little, but I'm not overly concerned at this point. As for what kind of changes I'd like to see to the approval process, I'm not sure. I mean, I'm grateful that Apple takes the time to test each app, and I'm sure that after getting wind of the information found in the article, they've made some changes to improve detection. One thing is for certain, bad guys will always find a way around a hindrance....;)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought App Store guidelines forbid dynamic code. Have they changed that? I haven't looked at the guidelines in a while.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not worried about because the minute Apple find out about it, they plug it. They aren't perfect, and sometimes things slip through. At least they try though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro