sooooo, wheres the google music app?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Boy, these are a long "in coming weeks"

Do we have any word on what's taking the Google music all access app so long?

Would love to have this app on my iPad.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The last time an app was delayed, people started ranting that Apple was not approving Google's submissions. Turned out Google hadn't submitted anything. So I imagine we'll get it when Google is good and ready for it. It's money in their pockets, so you know it's coming. It's also a beast to code.

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually thinking the app has been created but Apple wants to release iOS 7 first with their iTunes Radio first. It is a competing music player after all.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I dont think I'm interested, it's about $8.00+ a month. And the only good thing about it is international music which is hard to come by in the U.S. But iTunes has surprised me on the huge selection it has for international music. And I already got Music Match - so kinda free spotify replacement, commercial free cheaper the pandora, and one click to buy all the international tracks I find.

But honestly $8+ a month is a deal breaker for me...

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The biggest upside to me is that for that $8/month you can add anything from Googles Music Collection to your library. iTunes Radio is just a pandora replacement but I hardly use Pandora or the radio features on spotify/google music.

I prefer to pay $8/month to add any cd I'd like to my collection whenever I get the feeling to.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
The biggest upside to me is that for that $8/month you can add anything from Googles Music Collection to your library. iTunes Radio is just a pandora replacement but I hardly use Pandora or the radio features on spotify/google music.

I prefer to pay $8/month to add any cd I'd like to my collection whenever I get the feeling to.

Well, maybe I'm missing something, but if you stop subscribing do you get to keep that music? or it all goes away? See, I prefer of owning my music, I dont want to be tied into the subscription for the rest of my life just to keep my collection. If I'm wrong - then $8 a month is a great deal...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, maybe I'm missing something, but if you stop subscribe do you get to keep that music? or it all goes away? See, I prefer of owning my music, I dont want to be tied into the subscription for the rest of my life just to keep my collection. If I'm wrong - then $8 a month is a great deal...

If you unsubscribe, you still get access to your uploaded music and purchased google music or other songs you purchased that you uploaded to the cloud, but you lose access to the on demand access to songs you don't own in Google catalog.

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, maybe I'm missing something, but if you stop subscribing do you get to keep that music? or it all goes away? See, I prefer of owning my music, I dont want to be tied into the subscription for the rest of my life just to keep my collection. If I'm wrong - then $8 a month is a great deal...

I agree completely but now I look at it as a subscription to music in a way that netflix is a subscription to movies/tv shows. I pay the same price for Netflix and none of what I watch is ever going to be mine if I cancel.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree completely but now I look at it as a subscription to music in a way that netflix is a subscription to movies/tv shows. I pay the same price for Netflix and none of what I watch is ever going to be mine if I cancel.

Very good comparison. With movies I find that I cannot watch the movie twice in a 3-5 year period - so if I've seen it once - I dont need to watch it again for a long long time. Music - that I can listen to the same song over and over for a week, then get tired of it, then come back a month later and enjoy it again. So owning it once you discover it is the plan.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
If you unsubscribe, you still get access to your uploaded music and purchased google music or other songs you purchased that you uploaded to the cloud, but you lose access to the on demand access to songs you don't own in Google catalog.

So, what you're saying that is if I do unsubscribe I'll get to keep the music that I own already. Dont get me wrong I think the All Access is a great service, something we wished Pandora did from the beginning - I just think it's expensive, when pandora and, no doubt, itunes radio will play the same music just not "on demand", for free.

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So, what you're saying that is if I do unsubscribe I'll get to keep the music that I own already. Dont get me wrong I think the All Access is a great service, something we wished Pandora did from the beginning - I just think it's expensive, when pandora and, no doubt, itunes radio will play the same music just not "on demand", for free.

Exactly, the free version of All Access is basically iTunes Match (upload your owned music to the cloud) and Pandora (Random Radio).

The paid just allows access to their entire catalog of music at anytime on any of your devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2