Apple reportedly testing larger iPhone and iPad displays

This to me is personally very interesting because I actually had cause to look at this subject first hand this weekend. I had gone to Best Buy for something totally different this Sunday and after being helped I wondered over to a competitors area from iPhone or Apple. I spoke to the rep about their product with full knowledge that i had an iPhone and loved it. I was asked WHY? and gave them true answers which are too long to go on here. In any event I had the first opportunity to hold their new product in the wild. I found it to based on many people talking about phones as big as tablets...LOL to be a very good size for my hand and not a big as what I would have thought. I am not going to name the competitor and I did find other things about it that did nothing for me. I am only commenting on phone size for sake of me posting this article to the forum. It was not cumbersome, easy to work with and the bottom line to all this is that IMHO if Apple decided to grow their next gen. phone larger in screen size than now, There would be many people that I think would be good with it. Again my opinion for article sake.

I did learn that being in my position with Mobile Nations and the forum I am affiliated with it helps to get out once in a while no matter how much you know about your phone to see the competition for real and trust me, It does not hurt to talk to their reps to hear how they market their product and opinions of others platforms as well. My experience was quite pleasant so thank you for your kindness 'Dawn' at Best Buy (She is not employed by Best Buy by the way).

Anyway read the article for yourself and when you have your own time, Get out and see our competition. At least if nothing else it gave me a new found ability to talk to other members at our forums about our products as well as others.

Apple reportedly testing larger iPhone and iPad displays | iMore.com
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 07-22-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    07-22-2013 01:01 PM
    There is nothing wrong with testing. It helps Apple provide us with the best possible experience on devices they make available to us in the future. Bravo to them for testing.
    07-22-2013 01:47 PM
    A bigger iPad screen while I can see the use case the pricing will get tricky unless they kill the original iPad. The price of the MacBook Air is already close to a larger memory iPad. So if there is an even bigger iPad what is it going to cost. So for me it's hard to envision but then again I wouldn't be the customer and knowing Apple if anyone they would be the ones to make it profitable. The larger iPhone I can see becasue with all the different Android devices with different screens people are still buying them. In fact if there was an iPhone with a 4.5" screen I would buy it. It's the biggest screen I would have and if they had bigger than that only then I'd stick with the 4". So I think it's an interesting story though it wont mean anything to devices this year so it's just interesting for the future.
    07-22-2013 04:00 PM
    Apple was testing the iPad in 2005. We didn't see that till 2010...

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    TurboTiger likes this.
    07-22-2013 05:59 PM
    Hope apple decides to go a little bit bigger but nothing to major like some of the android phones
    07-23-2013 01:05 AM
    I had to laugh at this comment that was made in that link: "Yeah, something that big won't fit in your skinny jeans, thats why you like the iphone."

I can't speak for other iPhone owners, but my iPhone 5 fits in all of my skinny jeans and shorts just fine.
    07-23-2013 05:10 AM