Does anyone else use BOTH iOS and android?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I just don't know if its weird to have two iPads and a android phone? Ido t know if it would just be worth it to have a android phone and nexus 7 tablet. If there's enough benefits to that compared to the android phone and ipad setup. I mean, I like apples apps on ipad a lot. But I'm worried about that lack of connectivity between the two ecosystems.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually considering giving the new nexus 7 a go when it comes out sometime this year.

I was curious how it would stack up to my ipad mini. But then I would have THREE tablets! Lol, might be a bit excessive.

But I suppose if I liked the updated nexus 7 more I could always sell the mini and keep my larger ipad 4 for my gaming/video watching at home needs. And kinda as my tabletop computer.

Don't know, we'll see. I think the new nexus is going to be cheap like the other nexus devices, so even if I don't like it it's not like I'm out a lot of money.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I used a number of different platforms at one time. It does get to be a pain attempting to keep everything seamless across OS types. I'm mainly on Mac OS and iOS as I have an iPhone, iPad, and MBA. I generally have another non i-Device in rotation though.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
been there... done that...

To frustrating on dealing with other issues with another device... In my busy life I need something that works solid... With that.. There is no need for rotation

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So right now I have a IPAD 4, IPAD mini, and a nexus 4.

That means I'm in two completely separate ecosystems. I like the ipad a lot as a tablet. I think it's better as a tablet than the android tablets are.

However, I think for what I want in a phone, I'm liking android maybe a bit more than ios right now.

But here's the thing, this is kind of a headache. Not only do. Have to rebut apps on both, but I don't have that seamless ness that I would have if I had all iOS devices (ipad, ipad, etc.) same would be true if or android. You do get benefits from sticking to one ecosyestem. (Like synching web browsing.)

Do you guys only use iOS for your phone and tablet? Or do you guys mix and match.

It's easy to use both. The thing that makes it hard is when you start buying media content from one of the stores. Don't buy videos and you won't have to worry about it not playing on the other device. Same with paid apps and games.

Everything else syncs up just fine cross platform; email, contacts, calenders, cross platform apps with cloud sync.

jugghead62

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I too have the addiction.....
Currently using IP5 along with switching out for the Note 2.
Have tried the Lumia 928, BBZ10.

Of all of them, BB was the best for working with for my business. Seamless and quick, efficient etc.
Next I would put in IP5, then the Note 2, Lumia 928.

If they come out with a great A10 (as mentioned) I may give it a try, but for now the IP5 really does everything I need.
I switch with the Note 2 simply because as I am getting older, I CAN'T SEE!
I hate putting on glasses............

But after I wake up for a while, the IP5 gets clearer. LOL

Must be getting older.

But this is what works for me.

Plus, I have an Ipad 2, IMac (2009) Runs awesome.
They all sync so well.....

Thanks

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I prefer sticking to one ecosystem. The problem is keeping the two in sync if their on different OSes. It can probably be done, but it may require more effort.

tristandc

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I previously only used Android devices but I recently bought an ipad mini. So now I have a GS3 and an iPad. I prefer Android for phones but Apple for tablets. I have been through several android tablets and they just don't cut it for me.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4 and iPhone 5,i use twin simcard from my Swedich operator. Love both my phones but in different ways. I sync contacts, calender and task with Outlook exchange. I haven't bought so many apps on IOS but I don't mind supporting both ecosystem.

For me it's a positive thing using both system in my work. I work a lot with phone support and earlier a just had an Android, that made it difficult when I got IOS questions.

Skickat med Tapatalk

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I use a Black iPhone 5s for my phone and a Nexus 7 for my Tablet. Perfect combo IMO. Lots of people talk about ecosystems but it means nothing to me. I don't want a larger version of my phone(ipad) or a smaller version of my Tablet(android phone).

My phone is the Simple,Handsome,Solid Workhorse which I use the most. Things like Music Streaming(to car or Headphones) Calls(both personal and Work-Forwarded), Text, Emails, Camera, Video calls, Amazon Buying Device(lol) Forum Posting.

The Tablet to me is more about being a little more laid back. Widgets, Live Wallpapers etc things I want to use but wouldn't want draining my Phones battery. I mostly use it while in bed winding down at the end of the night. It handles things like Web Article Reading, E-Books, YouTube, Games, Music Streaming, some Netflix, Amazon Purchases as well, and apps that are better on larger devices like Learning Piano.
It's the perfect combo for me and I don't see anytime in the future I'd change even if the Mini got a nicer screen. I like the diversity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited for the just announced nexus 7. Specs look pretty good. And I would love to have a 1080p screen on a 7 inch tablet. I don't know if I'm going to sell my mini to help pay for it, though. That might be premature.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have my iPhone a HTC Wildfire S and a HTC EVO 4G. I use a Nook Color running cyanogenmod as a tablet. Then there is the computers running various flavors of windows. For mobile I still prefer iOS and one day I will be able to afford an iPad. I think it's good to try them all to see what you like. I like iOS.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the following : iPhone4s, iPad mini, Samsung galaxy Sii (work phone) and a Galaxy Note 10.1.

I seriously hate my Sii, love my 4s and love my iPad mini and my Note 10.1

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The problem I keep having and what I keep going back and forth on between android and ios is what is going to suit my needs better.

On one hand, with android, I like the customizability, the connective ness all the apps have with one another, and I just think google is doing more stuff that excites me than apple is doing right now. Stuff like chrome cast, google now, maps, voice search, and etc.

However, with ios I like the quality of the app experience, the "it just works" aspect of ir, and the fact I dot feel like I need to baby it like I do my android.

For my phone use, I think android is serving me better because of the reasons I listed. But I dont know if that means I'm going to enjoy the nexus 7 and android on tablets just as much. Main worry I have is wether I'm going to enjoy the apps on android for tablets as much as I do android apps on my phone.

Really, I suppose 269 dollars isn't a unreasonable amount of money to eeriness, but I'd then feel weird about owning a Ipad 4, ipad mini, AND a nexus 7.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I had a Galaxy Nexus for a year, and I have no desire to repeat that experience.

It was a great phone in a lot of ways, but the iPhone is so much better for me all around. Better look and feel, better quality, better apps. Better experience (for me).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner