I use galaxy S4 and iPhone 5.

via Tapatalk
    07-15-2013 09:46 AM
    I'm curious why people own more than one phone. A phone of one OS and tablet of another, I can understand. But you can only talk on one phone at a time. Aren't you also having to pay for a plan for each phone as well? I don't understand the appeal (feel free to educate me).
    jessm1378 likes this.
    07-15-2013 09:59 AM
    Right now I'm using a Galaxy S II and an iPod Touch 4G. While it is inconvenient in some aspects, I find helpful that nearly all the apps that I have on my Phone are available on my iPod too. Besides, there are some benefits. For example, Evernote premium subscriptions or Rdio subscriptions which are paid via iTunes and I don't have to use a credit card like I would do if I used only Android.

And that's not all, I'm trying to get my hands on a Lumia 1020 just so I could test all three platforms since I want to develop for them. I like technology a lot and like someone said before, it can be a blessing or a curse depending on what you want to do.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
    07-15-2013 10:04 AM
    I have an iPad 3 and an HTC Rezound running Android. The iPad I use for casual gaming. The Rezound is approaching two years old and as of today I am eligible for an upgrade on Verizon Wireless. I may wait and see what the next iPhone is like before I make another phone purchase, though the HTC One is mighty tempting.

Sent from somewhere
    07-15-2013 10:40 AM
    IMHO, one of the bigger appeals of vanilla Android on a Google edition of the HTC One is the fact that it will receive more regular updates vs. the regular One running Sense. Being that HTC has a *horrid* track record of supporting their phones with future updates, it would be (in my opinion) an acceptable trade off to give up any HTC exclusive goodies in return for a phone that will actually see Android 5.0 and beyond, cause it sure ain't gonna happen on the non-vanilla Ones.
    I see where you'r e coming from. I personally would rather just have a Nexus device for that.
    Of course one big feature I'd be missing is LTE. It's good to have more choices though. I'd
    absolutely go for the Google Edition One if I wanted faster updates rather than relying on the
    carriers.
    07-15-2013 01:16 PM
    I've been cross-platforming like crazy ever since I bought my first smartphone two years ago (stubborn non-smartphone guy prior).

It's been like this: Android, Windows Phone, MeeGo, Android, BlackBerry, iOS.

Personally I find the concept of using two phones interesting. The thing is I never do it. If I buy a new one I use it exclusively I have learned. So I always sell the other phone I had prior (If I like it that is). Right now I'm on iOS. I think I will stay with it and iOS7. It just works and the apps seems to get extra love on iOS by devs. I'm by no means an app person (maybe 5 apps total not counting Apple ones of course) but the few I have seems to have some more features on iOS than on other systems. Also the iOS smoothness is unbeaten which makes for a great user experience.

I'm just a phone geek. Want to try everything out there. Jolla seems interesting too.
    07-15-2013 02:04 PM
    I constantly switch back and forth. If the moto x is actually released at rumored off contract price of 349 or below I will pick it up.

I usually sell my old phone but this time I would keep the iPhone 5 and just switch sims for a while.

There are pluses and minuses for both OS.
    07-15-2013 04:07 PM
    Yeah. Right now I'm debating paying my ETF and getting a subsidized HTC ONE or subsidized iPhone 5 or just saving for a unlocked HTC ONE or iPhone.

It's just I'm financial constrained right now so I thought the subsidized route would be better.
    07-15-2013 04:29 PM
    I use BlackBerry, iOS, and Android. All having their own benefit. For BlackBerry I use a Q10 and love the business functionality of the device, having the physical keyboard and removable battery. For android I have the HTC one and it is great for entertainment. Love the speakers on the device and HTC Zoe works very well. My iPhone 5 does both business and personal use I mainly use it to keep everything I have synced up with having an iPad Apple TV and MacBook. I love all three devices.
    07-15-2013 05:21 PM
    I'm curious why people own more than one phone. A phone of one OS and tablet of another, I can understand. But you can only talk on one phone at a time. Aren't you also having to pay for a plan for each phone as well? I don't understand the appeal (feel free to educate me).

Well I've got two lines, dating back to my first PDA that didn't have a phone. I used to run a cell phone and a PDA on the side.

I like phones and I like trying out new devices. So I swap out SIMs and I get to play with the phones that catch my eye.

Last year I skipped the iPhone 5 and bought the SGIII. This year I bought the Z10, will buy the iPhone 5s and the BB Aristo, and skipped the SGIV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 07-15-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    07-15-2013 05:42 PM
    I have a SGSIII, and a MacBook Pro(hard drive partitioned for Windows7).
    07-15-2013 06:38 PM
    I switch between the iPhone 5 and the Nexus4 with a nano sim adaptor. I have an iPad mini and iPad 3. I like apple but android has some UI tweaks and ROMs that I have to try out and run. I usually get about a week on my nexus before I'm missing iOS. (Actually I get frustrated and switch back because of crashes and battery life)
    07-15-2013 07:23 PM
    I use a Nexus 4 and an iPhone 5 side-by-side. I also have a Lumia 521 and I swap the SIM card between that and the iPhone 5 whenever I feel like it (2nd line). I work in IT, and occasionally clients would ask me how to do something on their phones. I was an Android user, so if they had an iPhone or a WP I didn't know, and would have to feel my way through (come to think of it I never had a client with a WP ). I decided it would be valuable for me to become familiar with the other OS's so I scoured Craigslist for deals until I found devices at good prices. Since the Nexus 4 is my primary device, any apps that need to be purchased I buy on the Play Store. I use Gmail for mail and contacts, which easily syncs with all my devices.

Obviously you can have 1 active SIM card and swap it between phones, and only pay for 1 line. I actually use 2 lines with 3 devices. As I mentioned above the iPhone 5 and the Lumia 521 are my 2nd devices. For my primary line I use my Nexus 4 with T-Mobile's $30 5GB plan, mainly for the data. I hardly ever talk on the phone so 100 minutes/month is almost always more than enough for me. My 2nd line is Net10 using AT&T service. T-Mobile is spotty in a few places where I live, but AT&T service is very good. With both T-Mobile & AT&T phones in my pocket I'm always covered. And, since the Net10 line has unlimited minutes, if I do need to have a long conversation I use that line. I buy refill cards at prices quite a bit below face value. I usually pay <$60 month for both.
    07-15-2013 10:59 PM
    My goal is to use both ios and windows phone

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4
    07-15-2013 11:15 PM
    I've noticed my nexus 4 has some apps crashing occasionally. Not sure if upgrading to a HTC one would help that.
    07-16-2013 01:15 AM
    I just don't know if its weird to have two iPads and a android phone? Ido t know if it would just be worth it to have a android phone and nexus 7 tablet. If there's enough benefits to that compared to the android phone and ipad setup. I mean, I like apples apps on ipad a lot. But I'm worried about that lack of connectivity between the two ecosystems.
    07-16-2013 02:15 AM
    I'm actually considering giving the new nexus 7 a go when it comes out sometime this year.

I was curious how it would stack up to my ipad mini. But then I would have THREE tablets! Lol, might be a bit excessive.

But I suppose if I liked the updated nexus 7 more I could always sell the mini and keep my larger ipad 4 for my gaming/video watching at home needs. And kinda as my tabletop computer.

Don't know, we'll see. I think the new nexus is going to be cheap like the other nexus devices, so even if I don't like it it's not like I'm out a lot of money.
    07-17-2013 01:33 AM
    I used a number of different platforms at one time. It does get to be a pain attempting to keep everything seamless across OS types. I'm mainly on Mac OS and iOS as I have an iPhone, iPad, and MBA. I generally have another non i-Device in rotation though.
    07-17-2013 07:57 AM
    been there... done that...

To frustrating on dealing with other issues with another device... In my busy life I need something that works solid... With that.. There is no need for rotation
    07-17-2013 08:18 AM
    So right now I have a IPAD 4, IPAD mini, and a nexus 4.

That means I'm in two completely separate ecosystems. I like the ipad a lot as a tablet. I think it's better as a tablet than the android tablets are.

However, I think for what I want in a phone, I'm liking android maybe a bit more than ios right now.

But here's the thing, this is kind of a headache. Not only do. Have to rebut apps on both, but I don't have that seamless ness that I would have if I had all iOS devices (ipad, ipad, etc.) same would be true if or android. You do get benefits from sticking to one ecosyestem. (Like synching web browsing.)

Do you guys only use iOS for your phone and tablet? Or do you guys mix and match.
    It's easy to use both. The thing that makes it hard is when you start buying media content from one of the stores. Don't buy videos and you won't have to worry about it not playing on the other device. Same with paid apps and games.

Everything else syncs up just fine cross platform; email, contacts, calenders, cross platform apps with cloud sync.
    07-17-2013 02:45 PM
    I too have the addiction.....
    Currently using IP5 along with switching out for the Note 2.
    Have tried the Lumia 928, BBZ10.

Of all of them, BB was the best for working with for my business. Seamless and quick, efficient etc.
    Next I would put in IP5, then the Note 2, Lumia 928.

If they come out with a great A10 (as mentioned) I may give it a try, but for now the IP5 really does everything I need.
    I switch with the Note 2 simply because as I am getting older, I CAN'T SEE!
    I hate putting on glasses............

But after I wake up for a while, the IP5 gets clearer. LOL

Must be getting older.

But this is what works for me.

Plus, I have an Ipad 2, IMac (2009) Runs awesome.
    They all sync so well.....

Thanks
    07-17-2013 04:20 PM
    I prefer sticking to one ecosystem. The problem is keeping the two in sync if their on different OSes. It can probably be done, but it may require more effort.
    07-17-2013 06:10 PM
    I previously only used Android devices but I recently bought an ipad mini. So now I have a GS3 and an iPad. I prefer Android for phones but Apple for tablets. I have been through several android tablets and they just don't cut it for me.
    07-18-2013 09:22 AM
    What do you guys use to sync google calendar and gmail to your ios devices? Exchange?
    07-19-2013 01:11 AM
    I bought a nano sim adapter and go between my iPhone 5 and my HTC One.

Yes, Beats is on the GE HTC One.
    GO BUCKS!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S4! Luv my Sammy!!
    07-19-2013 09:08 PM
84 1234