Hello,

I have:
    - 1 IPhone 4S (My wife)
    - 1 IPhone 5 (Me)
    - 1 IPad 2 3G
    - 1 Mac Book Air (2012 v1)
    and 1 Apple account to rule them all

What is the best configuration to insure that IMessage is synch between all of those?

I have done the automated way, but I notice that the message are not always synched. Some IMessage arriving later on the IPhone.

I am not sure, maybe it is due to the fact that my IPhone is only having access to internet @home (wifi) or @work (3G). I live in Belgium but work in Luxembourg. The provider is a luxembourg one (TANGO). So I have disabled international 3G to avoid international cost; in luxembourg I have "no limitation" (Fair use). Therefore, I do not use the 3G when I am in Belgium.

Today, I have changed the configuration of IMessage on the IPad and on the MBA so they will not synch anymore the cell phones messages. I allowed only IMessage throug the registered emails. I do not really need the message on those if my IPhone is sync correctly.

Thank you in advance for any tips and tricks
    Have a nice day/nigth/evening
    06-21-2013 03:05 AM
    iMessage is a best effort, I have 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and a MBP all using the same AppleID for iMessages and sometimes they are not in sync depending on signal. My phones and the cellular iPad are almost always in sync. The Wifi Mini and MBP at times are missing messages etc. due to not always being connected.

I keep them all with my number as the callerid so even if my iPad or MBP are not online my phone will still get messages.
    06-21-2013 08:19 AM
    06-21-2013 08:22 AM
    Yup, like bamf said...iMessage certainly isn't a perfect product, I have my sync'ed between my iPhone, Macbook Pro and iPad Mini...the iPad and Macbook Pro seem to be pretty spot on, by my iPhone and the other two seem to have communication break downs sometimes, and it'll either show up late, or not at all. It's a bit weird when you're on the iPhone having a conversation and you move to the Macbook to find the conversation is about 4-5 comments behind and I have to open the iPhone to see what was said last in order to keep the convo going properly.

I have mine set to start convo's from my phone #, and it doesn't seem to really improve any of these little late/no sync issues. I've tried it other ways and it remains the same.

I'm really hoping this is at least polished a bit in iOS 7, because it's one of the main features i use on these devices as far as communication goes, and it's not quite up to what i expect with Apple's standards on most things.
    bamf-hacker and Dryland like this.
    06-21-2013 08:49 AM
    I keep them all with my number as the callerid so even if my iPad or MBP are not online my phone will still get messages.
    I use my apple ID. I get messages on my iPhone still. My sister was having an issue where her iMessages weren't in sync. After she made this change on her Mac, iPhone and iPad, everything worked perfectly.
    06-21-2013 11:41 AM
    I use number for all devices.

A while back it was using number and email, and didn't like how they were separate messages.. They were never merged together.

06-21-2013 01:56 PM
    Hello,

I have:
    - 1 IPhone 4S (My wife)
    - 1 IPhone 5 (Me)
    - 1 IPad 2 3G
    - 1 Mac Book Air (2012 v1)
    and 1 Apple account to rule them all

What is the best configuration to insure that IMessage is synch between all of those?

I have done the automated way, but I notice that the message are not always synched. Some IMessage arriving later on the IPhone.

I am not sure, maybe it is due to the fact that my IPhone is only having access to internet @home (wifi) or @work (3G). I live in Belgium but work in Luxembourg. The provider is a luxembourg one (TANGO). So I have disabled international 3G to avoid international cost; in luxembourg I have "no limitation" (Fair use). Therefore, I do not use the 3G when I am in Belgium.

Today, I have changed the configuration of IMessage on the IPad and on the MBA so they will not synch anymore the cell phones messages. I allowed only IMessage throug the registered emails. I do not really need the message on those if my IPhone is sync correctly.

Thank you in advance for any tips and tricks
    Have a nice day/nigth/evening
    Pretty much what everyone else has stated I use my number for the called Id for my phone and ipad
    My question is if you use a apple Id pushing to both your phone and your wife's that could get confusing to other people on who they are talking to because it will almost be like a 3 way conversation,.. Unless this is what you want.

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
    06-26-2013 12:54 AM
    My iMessages sync fine between my iPhone 5 and iPad 4. As long as my iPad has
    cellular data on it. If it is strictly on Wifi, I run into problems where messages don't
    sync correctly onto the iPad, don't even show up, or just show up out of the blue
    at once out of order.
    06-26-2013 02:42 PM