WWDC 2013 Keynote discussion

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: WWDC 2013 discussion

I am completely serious when I state that if iOS 7 at some point (hopefully in the next few betas) got actionable notifications (IE quick reply) I could run stock. Everything I would need to survive is already there. SBSettings? Control Center. Lockinfo too. Also it themes (a bit). Minus Files.app. Still looking for that one. All in all, I cannot wait.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Someone please tell me that the white text on the blue bubble background is not how Messages is going to be...makes it very hard to read. I prefer black text.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I had full intentions of ordering a MacBook Pro today after WWDC but there was no update. With the MacBook Air being updated is it worth it to get the Air over the Pro now?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Did I miss it? There was a lot of talk about a quick reply feature for Messages before WWDC, and there was some mention of a Safari QR, but I didn't hear anything mentioned during the iOS7 part.

I like the Control Panel, as somebody said, SBSettings on stock.

Joelist

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

Okay...

iOS7 looks nothing like Android. If anything, they borrowed quite a bit of design language from Windows Phone but presented it in an Apple base color scheme. Visually it looks pretty nice. I also liked that it seems (obviously only a full inspection will tell totally) that they have gone through the whole OS and given everything a consistent visual look.

Other interesting developments included fixing a lot of the issues with Safari and basically making Bing the default iOS search engine. Things I wanted but did not see included lack of text reflow (really? it's sad that Android has this which is crucial to being able to be productive on a phone) and no iOS version of Finder.

As an aside, I expect that this version will be snappier than iOS 6 because going flat and cleaning up a lot of the skeumorphic crap saves a lot of CPU and GPU cycles that they can devote to other things (like the better multitasking).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Apple apparently listened to the gripes and complaints of the tech & blog writers and made significant chances to iOS, but they did it in a manner that is will not present a problem for current iOS users. So the things that people were saying that iOS should have, well, those things are now included, and having said that, will you now but an iPhone or now focus on the hardware, specifically the screen size in order to keep up the I-Hate-Apple thing going?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Themes? What are we able to theme? I must of missed that in the video

It will adjust some of the coloring of the OS to match the colors of your wallpaper. He showed how the password/pin bubbles on the lockscreen will change to match the lockscreen background. I assume other UI elements will do this as well.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

No complaints from me. They knocked it out of the park. Highly unusual for a complainer like me

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh