Switching from BB to IP5(first time ever using Iphone). People have said that I need to get the plan. What so you think???
    05-23-2013 12:14 PM
    To me it's worth it. Especially now that it includes accidental damage for only a $50 deductible. It's all about your stomach for risk.
    05-23-2013 12:21 PM
    I think so...
    05-23-2013 12:21 PM
    Switching from BB to IP5(first time ever using Iphone). People have said that I need to get the plan. What so you think???
    This is an incredibly subjective issue. Your iPhone comes with the basic AppleCare coverage - a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects. The warranty includes 90 days of phone support (call Apple for assistance with issues/questions, NOT 90 days on the phone).

The AppleCare+ (PLUS) coverage extends the coverage (including the telephone support) for a full 2 years, and also covers accidental damage (breakage, water damage, etc) for $99. The catch is that typically, an "in warranty" replacement due to physical damage (breakage, water damage, etc) for $229. The AppleCare+ will allow you to replace your device TWICE in the coverage period for $49 per incident.

Neither plan covers loss/theft of your device.

So the question becomes one of "how clumsy are you?" If you tend to be accident prone and drop your phone a lot, it may be a good investment for you. It means that for $200 ($99 + $49 + $49), you can replace your phone twice for about the standard charge of replacing your phone once. If you buy it and never use it, then you have wasted the $99 price of the coverage...

Bottom line: Some buy it, some don’t. How accident prone are you?
    Last edited by Fausty82; 05-23-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-23-2013 12:28 PM
    This is an incredibly subjective issue. Your iPhone comes with the basic AppleCare coverage - a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects. The warranty includes 90 days of phone support (call Apple for assistance with issues/questions, NOT 90 days on the phone).

The AppleCare+ (PLUS) coverage extends the coverage (including the telephone support) for a full 2 years, and also covers accidental damage (breakage, water damage, etc) for $99. The catch is that typically, an "in warranty" replacement due to physical damage (breakage, water damage, etc) for $229. The AppleCare+ will allow you to replace your device TWICE in the coverage period for $49 per incident.

Neither plan covers loss/theft of your device.

So the question becomes one of "how clumsy are you?" If you tend to be accident prone and drop your phone a lot, it may be a good investment for you. It means that for $200 ($99 + $49 + $49), you can replace your phone twice for about the standard charge of replacing your phone once. If you buy it and never use it, then you have wasted the $99 price of the coverage...

Bottom line: Some buy it, some don’t. How accident prone are you?
    Would probably have to say not very accident prone. I have had my BB Tour for almost 3 years now and have no aftermarket case on it. Just carry in the case that came with it. Dropped it once no signs anywhere only signs are where some of the paint has rubbed off the corners from years of use
    05-23-2013 12:52 PM
    I have apple care on every Iphone I buy. Now that the have 2 replacements included I am all about it. Im not accident prone till I slipped on some ice and Smashed my screen and caved in corner of phone. took it to apple... No questions asked. It's Peace of Mind!!
    05-23-2013 01:14 PM
    One incident and they replace your phone for you for $49.00 deductible and you will think it is including your phone tech support should you ever need to talk to Apple tech support.

PS You get 2 incidents by the way.
    05-23-2013 01:37 PM
    I've never bought the additional Apple Care warranties on my iPhone's because I'm typically replacing them with new versions right around the time the initial 1 year provided warranty is up...if i was one who kept their phone further past the initial year, i would certainly consider it though because there's nothing better than Apple's warranty service on their products.

I ALWAYS get the Apple Care extended warranties on my Macbooks and iMacs though...without hesitation.
    05-23-2013 02:09 PM
    Absolutely worth it IMO.
    05-23-2013 02:21 PM
    I think the apple care is worth if you are looking for that naked look and feel to your iPhone then it's fine if you have a otterbox case then there no need for apple care at all really

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
    05-23-2013 05:14 PM
    Of course, it's totally worth it
    05-23-2013 05:29 PM
    I bought it for the first time with my iPhone 5. Verizon wanted $10 a month (if I remember correctly) and then $169 to replace the phone should it get ruined. I have always had better experiences with Apple's customer service than Verizon's. $10 * 24 months=$240 for insurance through Verizon. Applecare $99 for 2 years.

Side note....does anybody know what happens if you use up your 2 replacements and are in need of a 3rd?
    Fausty82 likes this.
    05-23-2013 06:16 PM
    Have you broken your previous phones? Laptops? ipods/mp3 players?

I'm pretty careful with my stuff, and so never get these extra warranties.

If I accidentally destroy it, lets just hope a new version is out and its an excuse to upgrade
    05-23-2013 09:44 PM