Great competition these days, the Galaxy line, the HTC One, the Lumia series, even the z10. Sometimes these "new" devices may seem more exciting than our old trusted but "older" iPhone and iOS6.

So are any of you toying with the idea of another platform? If so which?

What about the rest? Why are you sticking with Apple and iOS?

I recently was about to buy a Nexus, but my wife convinced me not to, because she said I would not be able to stand it for long (I am quite obsessive with perfection or closest thing to it). I am very comfortable with iOS and Apple on a whole, I use all the servies available basically. It took me a while to get to Apple and to be comfortable in the mobile space, after having experimented with other platforms. So after careful consideration I decided it was worth my piece of mind to stay with Apple, even though "innovation" may appear slow. Google and Android seems to be the in thing righ tnow, but at the end of the day iOS simply works, and works well. When you have all your switched on in the iCloud menu, email, notes, reminders etc, the synchronisation between your iPhone and Mac is just splendid.

So no, I am going to be here on iOS for the immediate future.

P.S. @me accounts look cooler than @gmail in my opinion.

Whats your story?
    05-22-2013 02:48 PM
    I won't be leaving again. I have had every iPhone with the exception of the first and I have left every iPhone with the exception of the 5. I have always tried other platforms to see what they had to offer. Now I'm just settling in with iOS. I really like the form factor of the iPhone. I love iCloud. I like the way it syncs with all of my other Apple devices. I like that I have a 64GB option. Love not having any bloatware. Love the device at the Apple store. Love the quality and availability of apps. Like the design. Love the iTunes ecosystem. I, for the first time have no complaints with my smartphone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-22-2013 03:47 PM
    I've seen the competitive releases this year already...and none of them look like they'll have enough going for them to even begin to sway me in another direction. As it sits right now, if the next iPhone doesn't seem worthy, I'll happily keep my iPhone 5 for another year.
    taz323 likes this.
    05-22-2013 05:18 PM
    I see all of these new phones with all of their great sounding features, then I grab one to take on a test drive only to return to my iPhone after finding out those features that I thought were so great on paper weren't so great in person and certainly didn't meet my needs in the end. I don't see anything wrong with a person trying out these new devices and seeing for themselves whether or not they are for them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-22-2013 08:36 PM
    Absolutely not. I won't be changing unless Apple is no longer the #1 in the smartphone game. It's still gonna be a few years until/if that happens. They are still the best in hardware, software, and developer commitment. If the experience degrades or developers start moving somewhere else, I may have to switch.

I just don't see it happening. Apple will continue to innovate and continue to make the best phones out there. Sure, others may catch up, but Apple will still be top quality. I was a longtime BlackBerry user, but when iPhone was out for about 2 years and it was the premiere experience, I made the switch. I would do the same of Apple falls behind.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Just_Me_D and Jaguarr40 like this.
    05-22-2013 11:56 PM
    Since getting the iPhone 4S in October 2011, I have had no desire to use any other smartphone platform no matter how great it may appear and now that I have the iPhone 5, my stance has solidified. There is zero chance that I will be switching from the iPhone anytime soon.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-23-2013 08:21 AM
    It's very doubtful. I had at one time considered windows but windows 8 turned me off too much.

I'm still waiting to buy my first Mac which will only cause me to be further in with Apple.
    05-23-2013 11:37 AM
    Must say I am hooked on the iPhone, and have seen all the new phones coming out. But no desire to go anywhere but here.
    05-23-2013 11:53 AM
    I'm about 70% sure my next phone will be the galaxy s4. I just wish Verizon would carry the 32 gb version instead of just the 16gb.

Tapatalking using my iphone
    05-23-2013 01:52 PM
    I have an iPhone 5 and will not be changing. In fact, I highly doubt I will ever change. I'm not one to get an Android based phone because everyone else thinks its cool. I think it's stupid.
    05-23-2013 05:07 PM
    I had switched from BB and got my iPhone 4S in December of 2011 and have never looked back so NO I will not be jumping ship anytime soon. My next phone will be an iPhone 5 when my upgrade comes up in the next several months or until a solid announcement on the new iPhone.
    05-23-2013 05:14 PM
    I was using Android before, likely Samsung. But when I tried apple, I could not ask for more
    05-23-2013 05:26 PM
    Even tho all these phones and platforms change so much just to make the phones better but iPhones can keep it nice and simple but at the same time have kept up with all phones that are present I like their form factor is simple and easy to use..
    05-23-2013 05:26 PM
    It's very doubtful. I had at one time considered windows but windows 8 turned me off too much.

I'm still waiting to buy my first Mac which will only cause me to be further in with Apple.
    You better believe it. I previously bought a 3GS as a temporary phone, ended up getting the 4s, then I tried an iPad 3rd gen, then an Apple TV and I recently sold my Lenovo and bought a MacBook Air. Safe to say I am stuck, but quite happily and comfortably so. I even use iCloud as main email, contacts and calendar.

Prepare for a slow intake into the the Apple world.

Live long and prosper....
    05-24-2013 07:29 PM
    I use an S3 every day. Its actually my personal carry. My i5 is my business phone. I love them both for what they do well.

I'm not going to lie though. I had my Bold on my business line for a few montgs again due to a contract requirement, and I missed it. I may move the i5 to my personal and buy a q10.

Sent from my Tricorder aboard the Enterprise
    05-24-2013 09:30 PM
    Change is always good, but since there's something wrong with me... I'm not gonna change. =(
    05-24-2013 09:48 PM
    Been with almost every playform and I always end back with iOS.
    05-24-2013 11:27 PM