So a guy I work with said that he had a friend put in a quad core snapdragon processor in his iPhone 4. Now, I know a good amount about phones and I don't believe him at all. But I thought I would bring it up here because maybe I'm wrong. Wanted to bring it here and see what you guys thought. Maybe I'll learn something new.

But like I said, I highly doubt it.
    05-16-2013 12:03 PM
    It's Bull cookies.
    MrMars and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-16-2013 12:07 PM
    My first question would have been "Why an iPhone 4?", then i would have been curious for about half a second what the goal would have been and what he was doing on the iphone 4 that made him feel the need to do such a modification...exactly half a second later i would have stopped thinking about it at all because of the BS factor.

Tell your friend he should have tried to put an i7 processor in the iPhone 3G.
    05-16-2013 12:28 PM
    It's Bull cookies.
    "Bull cookies"? Thanks for making me spit my coffee all over my MBP. (Now you owe me for a new MBP!).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-16-2013 12:45 PM
    "Bull cookies"? Thanks for making me spit my coffee all over my MBP. (Now you owe me for a new MBP!).
    I was inspired by a M*A*S*H season 4 re-run from my iTunes library... Col. Potter was good for many a euphemism...
    05-16-2013 12:49 PM
    These were pretty much my thoughts. Like I said, just seeing what you guys thought. Ya know, I enjoyed bull cookies. Good little touch.
    05-16-2013 12:51 PM
    I was inspired by a M*A*S*H season 4 re-run from my iTunes library... Col. Potter was good for many a euphemism...
    Col Potter (Harry Morgan) was great in M*A*S*H...
    05-16-2013 12:55 PM
    thats BS
    05-16-2013 03:07 PM
    Ask him how he got the drivers to work.

Lemme guess: Either "they just worked!" Which is BS or "Oh, I wrote them myself!" Which is an even bigger load of BS.

What your friend claims isn't realistically possible. He sounds like a pathological liar, who spins these yarn for the attention. I've known quite a few of them. Be wary.
    05-20-2013 01:01 PM

Lemme guess: Either "they just worked!" Which is BS or "Oh, I wrote them myself!" Which is an even bigger load of BS.

What your friend claims isn't realistically possible. He sounds like a pathological liar, who spins these yarn for the attention. I've known quite a few of them. Be wary.
    Yeah, I've been working with him for about 7 months now. He is a friendly guy, but I have learned to just kinda brush off whatever he says.
    05-20-2013 02:31 PM
    Well if from Singapore maybe it's a fake iPhone lol and it does have a quad core processor haha
    05-21-2013 07:02 PM

Actually they are both ARM processors and it may just work. The issue I have is the pin outs of the CPUs and the reflow work involved just in getting the old one out.
    05-21-2013 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD