Hey all,

I am sure this is old news by now, but just read about Apple and Yahoo partnering or integrating Yahoo products more into iOS.

Yahoo! and Apple: This Could Be a Beautiful Marriage (AAPL, YHOO)

Anyways, just wondering what everyones thought's on this are? Personally, I would love it. I think the new Yahoo mail, axis browser and Weather apps are awesome. They are really sleek and well designed. Also I would love to get away from Google and even Microsoft as much as possible as they are smart phone competitors. By integrating Yahoo more, google search would not have to be the first option.

One of my questions right now is how do you all see them integrating? Will Apple actually keep their stock apps, but just use Yahoo's data? The search engine part is easy enough, but would they use anything else from Yahoo such as the sports, news, or browser?

Also this has become news in the past month or so. Wouldn't this be to late to add anything new, because iOS 7 is probably being announced here in the next month?

Thanks and look forward to your responses!
    05-11-2013 01:06 AM
    They both hate BlackBerry it's a marriage made in heaven! I kid I kid.
    taz323 likes this.
    05-11-2013 01:18 AM
    I heard that the new CEO Marissa Mayer has an affinity for Apple. And, unlike with Facebook and Google, it doesn't appear to be much animosity between Apple and Yahoo.
    MrMars and protominet like this.
    05-11-2013 06:00 AM
    What all does this mean though? How would yahoo integrate? Would this be good or bad for apple?
    05-11-2013 12:48 PM
    I think it is a Yahoo attempt to restore its positions while Apple gets less pricy services. Good partnership!
    05-15-2013 04:30 AM
    I think it is a Yahoo attempt to restore its positions while Apple gets less pricy services. Good partnership!
    Only if that partnership yields better data and services than Google, which is king right now.

Also, it would put off those who prefer to stay within Google's environment still want to go with iOS (like me). Telling potential buyers of Apple products "you can either choose to go with Google's services, OR Apple products, but not both" is not good for business. Yes, I know that Google has their own apps for iOS, but I still like the fact that I can still use Google services inside of Apple's core apps, which are not walled off like all non-Apple apps. Then again, it's not like Google is tightly integrated into iOS to begin with outside of the default search engine in Safari.

Worst case scenario for Apple, it would only further drive the "either/or" division, leading to an even more walled off ecosystem within an ecosystem of Google apps on iOS. Or worse, make people choose between buying an Apple product, or enjoying Googles (superior) services on a non-Apple platform. Not good for business.

Frankly, I find the fervent anti-Google perception on Apple sites irritating. I know more than a few of you despise Google with every fiber of your being, and want nothing more than to have every trace of them purged from your iDevices. But for the rest of us who like both, it makes you look silly with tinfoil hats and all.
    Racer X, ELavar, KaterinaM and 1 others like this.
    05-15-2013 10:56 AM
    Even if they make yahoo the default search engine I'm sure you will easily be able to switch it. Yahoo actually is already more baked into ios then google. The default weather, stocks, and Siri sport data are all from yahoo.
    05-16-2013 09:08 AM
    People still use Yahoo? I thought it went the way of AOL...lol. I haven't looked at or searched with Yahoo in god knows how long.
    ELavar and jclisenby like this.
    05-16-2013 01:55 PM
    Frankly, I find the fervent anti-Google perception on Apple sites irritating. I know more than a few of you despise Google with every fiber of your being, and want nothing more than to have every trace of them purged from your iDevices. But for the rest of us who like both, it makes you look silly with tinfoil hats and all.
    I agree. Both companies are good at what they are doing. It would be silly to deny that Google delivers good solutions just like Apple do. They are different from the technical point of view, but have similar goals - to make people's life easier and to earn money.
    05-18-2013 05:45 AM
    Well it looks like Yahoo will be integrating much more with Apple with Flickr being baked in. Kinda to re-talk about this thread, I think there is a huge chance that yahoo will become the default search engine now as well.
    05-21-2013 06:45 PM
    What services is Yahoo going to be able to offer Apple? I enjoy my new iPhone 5, also have several top of the line Android devices, I like the way that Google functions on the iPhone. You can not even compare those two in the same sentence. Google offers the best Search, maps, E-Mail and I could keep going. I just don't understand what Yahoo is going to offer Apple that will improve it better than what it is now. This anti crazy hate for Google by some of the people in this forum is childish and shows childish fanboy thinking. I own and use both Apple and Android, I don't buy into this crap. I think Google has the best services and apps of any. Why not capitalize on these and use them to make a better phone?? Just me thinking out loud.
    08-06-2013 08:44 PM
    Hey all,

I am sure this is old news by now, but just read about Apple and Yahoo partnering or integrating Yahoo products more into iOS.

Yahoo! and Apple: This Could Be a Beautiful Marriage (AAPL, YHOO)

Anyways, just wondering what everyones thought's on this are? Personally, I would love it. I think the new Yahoo mail, axis browser and Weather apps are awesome. They are really sleek and well designed. Also I would love to get away from Google and even Microsoft as much as possible as they are smart phone competitors. By integrating Yahoo more, google search would not have to be the first option.

One of my questions right now is how do you all see them integrating? Will Apple actually keep their stock apps, but just use Yahoo's data? The search engine part is easy enough, but would they use anything else from Yahoo such as the sports, news, or browser?

Also this has become news in the past month or so. Wouldn't this be to late to add anything new, because iOS 7 is probably being announced here in the next month?

Thanks and look forward to your responses!
    Why not !
    08-10-2013 03:59 PM