Oh My . . First time in an Apple store! =)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well i use to be a blackberry user to for a long time I did use to have a iPhone 3 for a short period of time and the first time I went to the apple store I had to buy a SIM card slot for my iPhone 3 and it was a totally different experience then going into any other mobile store like I only went in there for one thing but talking to the reps make me fell in love with the iPhone even more and he told me about all the different things iPhone have and whatever so finally got tired of my blackberry I got an iPhone 4 and now have the 5 and loving it.. Think imma be on the apple wagon for a while

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 30643
And the cases.....oh the cases!

There is an advantage to continuity of design. Manufacturers can tool up and make a great many accessories. I've jokingly called the iPhone the 'Barbie Phone' not as an insult, but in homage, because as the old joke goes ' Everyone hates Barbie, that b**** has everything!' And there is a jaw-dropping quantity of peripherals. Some folks are jealous. I know a great many people that use the devices, and have served them well.

Revtech, congrats on your transition, and glad to see it is going well for you!

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well so much for my predictive powers . . I was planning to wait till the ip5s announcement so I could pick up the 5 at $99 like they usually do. Now no 5 but the $99 ones are all bright colors. Actually I think they look great and look really comfortable to hold, but in my setting the colors would be out of place. The good news is I love the space grey, so 5s here I come . . I'd rather call it gunmetal or something but whatever.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They have them on display in the Apple store? I was in the one in Atlanta yesterday getting another ac adaptor for my MBP and there was nothing new in there (except signs with the stuff on them).

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Concur with jclisenby about the Apple TV. Get it! Everyone has a different use for it, but my main use is to watch sports. I purchase MLB and NHL subscriptions and stream games. The only issue is trying to choose which game to watch each evening. I use it to watch Netflix and video podcasts like the NBC Nightly News. I guarantee you won't be disappointed by purchasing one.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I don't even know where to begin! I was away on business in a city that had an apple store, not to sound sappy but what an amazingly great experience. I had alot of time to kill so I was in the store about two hours and talked to three associates during my time there. Normally I can't stand salespeople and basically tell them to leave me alone, but these guys were so fascinating to talk to; I'd say they were more like friends sharing their love and excitement for their device rather than salesmen trying to sell me a phone.

To some of you who frequent the forums you are familiar with my rambling indecision between ip5 and the bb z10 . . no longer. The store experience absolutely sold me. Bright, wide open space, tons of devices to play with, no bulky security clamps on the phone, and salespeople who actually know about and love their device. In contrast I walked across the mall to the vzw store and tried the z10, completely opposite experience in every way; I know I'm buying a phone not an experience, and its not bb's fault, but the device is locked down, the salesperson was not knowledgeable and indifferent, etc.

I could prob write a tl;dr post (maybe this already is) but two of my concerns were size and what some have called the 'boring' and 'limited' ui . . Both of these were completely obliterated by the opportunity to actually spend unrushed time with the device. Because I was actually able to hold and use the device without security clamps I found that it is actually the perfect size (for me imo). I used to think it should be a tad bigger but it just seemed to fit perfectly. And the ui . . well, not to use a tired phrase . . it just works, and works well. Yes I could figure out the z10, I'm a product design engineer, it wasn't hard to figure out and I wasn't intimidated by it, it was actually pretty cool and neat and fun and 'flowing' . . but things in ios just seemed to be where I thought they should be and worked the way I expected them to work.

To get back to my original point, the experince is what sold me . . And I never paid much attention to the app argument, because my needs are pretty simple, but when these guys showed me what they could do with this or that favorite app . . wow . . and I'm not talking about fart apps or games, just really cool, useful, beautiful, and functional stuff that just works well because its made for ios.

Like Sean always says . . . "Get. What. You. Want." . . I'm finally sold; I want an iphone. End of my smartphone drama at last =)

Apple truly understands branding and marketing. It's not just the product and how you advertise it, it's also how you distribute and package. Apple pays meticulous attention to every customer touch point. The retail experience is a perfect example. From the way the products are displayed, how the stores are laid out, and how the employees interact with the customers. Apple just gets it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just saw this thread and had to add my recent experience. My family has had so many iPods and iPhones over the years and have never had any issues. We have never had to go in to the Apple store for service. I had never been in one to make a purchase either. I had heard amazing things, but just never got around to going into a store. That changed two weekends ago when my daughter's iPhone 4S had the power button break. It was stuck and would not move at all. It was about 10pm on Saturday when it happened. I jumped on my iPad and went to see when we could get in to the Genius Bar. We have an Apple store about 30 minutes away and they had an appointment at 10:40 the next morning. I didn't realize that the store opens for service appointments prior to opening for sales. We got to the store about 10:35 and checked in. I had about 5 minutes to take in everything around me and then we were off with or tech guy. He looked at her iPhone and agreed it the button was not working. We said excuse me for a minute and disappeared into the back. 2 minutes later he was out with a "new" iPhone 4S. It was in just as good of condition as my daughters, if not better. He confirmed that she had everything backed up and began getting her set up on the new iPhone. We were done by 11:00 and that was with my taking 10 minutes to play with the MacBook Air I want so badly.

Absolutely awesome experience. We were in a bit of a hurry or I would have spent more time and possibly money. Bottom line though is that Apple has the service experience nailed. I never felt like I was going to have to argue with anyone to get the phone fixed or replaced. It was never even a question.

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, my first trip into an Apple store was a rather pleasant experience. I did suffer from sensory overload, tho.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I saw this thread and was just going back to my first Apple store experience. It was like walking into Heaven for the first time. I've been hooked ever since. Apple nailed the emotional aspect of sales. The Apple Store makes people happier than most places.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw this thread and was just going back to my first Apple store experience. It was like walking into Heaven for the first time. I've been hooked ever since. Apple nailed the emotional aspect of sales. The Apple Store makes people happier than most places.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I’m curious. How many times have you been to Heaven?

But I do know the feeling. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2