Does it matter if Samsung is gaining on Apple in mobile profit share? Nope - here's why!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People who have no investment in stocks for these companies have become WAY too interested in their financial statuses by numbers lol...and many of them have such a low understanding of just what these things actually mean (and even reading that analysts write up, probably still haven't a clue what they are looking at except for the "Apple vs. Samsung" undertone to it.

Apple is doing amazing...Samsung is doing amazing. That is what people should read and walk away with, lol.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with this article. People need to understand that both Apple and Samsung are at the pinnacle of mobile technology. There doesn't have to be a single winner in this thing.

Just like everyone has an opinion, one mobile OS doesn't for everyone. I see no problem with a 45/45 split between Apple and Samsung devices. Both will be doing well and consumers will be happy. There will still be that 10% that wants to be different or hold to their favorite OS (Windows Phone or BlackBerry).

People need to look at the industry and realize that both Apple and Samsung can both split the market and both still be top companies. I believe the stocks for both companies are undervalued and over the next year we will see the market equalize around these two forces.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The question I have is this: Will we see stories and articles touting Apple's growing lead when the next iPhone is released?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The question I have is this: Will we see stories and articles touting Apple's growing lead when the next iPhone is released?

Depends on how people are feeling at that time. It's 50/50 either way. If the tide turns in Apple's favor with a new iPhone that the masses love, it'll be a "dramatic turnaround" according to most sources. If people are unimpressed, it'll sell like hoecakes but will be touted as a sign that Apple is continuing their downfall.

Either way, the next iPhone will sell like hotcakes and will be profitable for Apple. Their business will continue to boom.

If iOS 7 is as much of a redesign as sources are quoting, it's likely that the media tides will turn back towards Apple being a success. I know Jony, along witn the rest of the team, is working hard on the updates and they will be amazing.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I first read this article this morning on the Blog before posting it I pretty much came away with what Sean and Justin did and got out of it that the biggest undertone WAS Samsung vs Apple and it always will be. They are both great companies with enormous future growth potential that make products that people go crazy for. As long as these two companies are like this they will never be hurting for the people that turn revenue for them as i see it.

These are the Top Dogs and will be for a long time to come.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only real problem either one of them have in the future when it comes to earnings and profits is their need to move away from the overseas production in the sketchy locations...this IS going to be an issue for both companies in the coming years, especially after last years fiasco (and the ongoing issues) with Foxconn.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The only real problem either one of them have in the future when it comes to earnings and profits is their need to move away from the overseas production in the sketchy locations...this IS going to be an issue for both companies in the coming years, especially after last years fiasco (and the ongoing issues) with Foxconn.

I'm not so sure. I believe that everyone knows about the production of these products and the majority doesn't care. The only time anyone mentions it is when something happens to get it in the media. Sure, there are a few people out there who go crazy over the working conditions, but most won't care as long as the product is solid and well made.

Overseas production is a fact that most likely won't be changing anytime soon. Costs and profit will ultimately win out and production will stay there. Apple will move some of their low cost and low volume assembly or parts manufacturing to the US to please the people who have problems with overseas manufacturing, but its impossible to bring it all in the US without charging at least $1500 retail for every iPhone, probably even more.

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with this article. People need to understand that both Apple and Samsung are at the pinnacle of mobile technology. There doesn't have to be a single winner in this thing.

Just like everyone has an opinion, one mobile OS doesn't for everyone. I see no problem with a 45/45 split between Apple and Samsung devices. Both will be doing well and consumers will be happy. There will still be that 10% that wants to be different or hold to their favorite OS (Windows Phone or BlackBerry).

People need to look at the industry and realize that both Apple and Samsung can both split the market and both still be top companies. I believe the stocks for both companies are undervalued and over the next year we will see the market equalize around these two forces.

There won't ever be a "winner" in this and hopefully that means all companies compete to come up with better products for us the consumers since none are perfect

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
There had to be a point where apple stopped shooting up and hit a plateau. I think we have reached that point. If Samsung continues its current trends it will be the next to do that. As well as apple is doing it can't gain that much momentum all the time.

They're making money hand over fist as is Samsung and that's all that matters to investors.

Sent using Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I agrees yes apple and Samsung seem to be both competing but I honestly think both company have great products and both doing successful and I am happy for both and it's just a matter of who person likes what

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
What I am curious in seeing, is if Samsung's current strategy of releasing new phone models ever so often is financially viable. Their short product release cycles mean Samsung doesn't really get to reap economies of scale from their investments in design R&D. In the short run, that can mean a rapid increase in market share, especially if the market loves what they are releasing, but also at the expense of long-term profits. They are basically throwing everything they can think of against the wall and seeing what sticks.

How long can they continue to stuff their phones with improved specs? Will be interesting to watch.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What I am curious in seeing, is if Samsung's current strategy of releasing new phone models ever so often is financially viable. Their short product release cycles mean Samsung doesn't really get to reap economies of scale from their investments in design R&D. In the short run, that can mean a rapid increase in market share, especially if the market loves what they are releasing, but also at the expense of long-term profits. They are basically throwing everything they can think of against the wall and seeing what sticks.

How long can they continue to stuff their phones with improved specs? Will be interesting to watch.

Your point sounds reasonable. Samsung though is different than Apple in that they have many different models of phones, including a couple flagships. Apple has only 1 phone. This means that Samsung will be releasing updates to their top models more often than Apple, if for no other reason than that they have more models to update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77