Apple approaches 50 billion downloads, once again offers up 10K prize

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The article states the primary winner would receive $10,000 "App Store" Gift Card. I wonder if that is a misprint because I view the App Store differently than the Apple Store.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The article states the primary winner would receive $10,000 "App Store" Gift Card. I wonder if that is a misprint because I view the App Store differently than the Apple Store.

It's basically become the same thing. You can buy anything at the Apple Store using iTunes cards linked to your Apple ID.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly sure this is an AppStore (iTunes or Apps or iBooks) gift card not an Apple Store gift card that could be used for hardware.

It's basically become the same thing. You can buy anything at the Apple Store using iTunes cards linked to your Apple ID.

In that case, it will definitely be worth it to the person who ends up winning. May it be one of us...:D

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not the same thing. An AppStore gift card can only be used for iTunes music or video, iBooks and the AppStore.

An Apple gift card can be used for hardware or software purchases online or in a retail store (or to buy an iTunes gift card, I suppose).

Hmm. I know I've purchased accessories before with the Apple Store app for in store pickup and used the Remaining iTunes store balance towards the price. Maybe it's changed since then.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

'As of today, nearly 50 billion apps have been downloaded worldwide. And we couldn’t have done it without you. So we want to say thanks. Download the 50 billionth app, and you could win a US$10,000 App Store Gift Card. Or download one of the first 50 apps after that, and you could win a US$500 App Store Gift Card.* Browse the App Store and download your next favorite app.'

This is entirely different than yesterday where it stated gift card and other goodies...!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
'As of today, nearly 50 billion apps have been downloaded worldwide. And we couldn’t have done it without you. So we want to say thanks. Download the 50 billionth app, and you could win a US$10,000 App Store Gift Card. Or download one of the first 50 apps after that, and you could win a US$500 App Store Gift Card.* Browse the App Store and download your next favorite app.'

This is entirely different than yesterday where it stated gift card and other goodies...!

What would I DO with 10k of apps? Hmm....

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
App Store gift card can ONLY be used to purchase music, movies, books and apps from the iTunes Store.
this gift voucher is not applicable for hardware !

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
A $10,000 gift card for the App Store makes no sense. It has to be a misprint. You could go through 10 generations and not spend 10 grand on apps,etc.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd rather have an apple store gift card, just in time for the new MacBook Pros. But I'm not being choosy.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
A $10,000 gift card for the App Store makes no sense. It has to be a misprint. You could go through 10 generations and not spend 10 grand on apps,etc.

Apple is intelligent enough that's why they are offering 10k. Apple knows you would hardly spend $1000 !

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
i could very easily spend this.

New MacBook Pros for my Mods!!! And what the heck, each get a 64 GB iPhone and iPad as well.

Then some other goodies for my self :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2