Apple and credit card issues

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with their credit cards and apple? I have and know a few others that have had their credit card information taken from having cards linked to apple. I found this out after contacting my bank.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How do you know your card wasn't compromised by someone who merely used it to make purchases from Apple? And if that's the case, why is it Apple's fault?

If you're overly concerned with security - just use Apple/iTunes gift cards and periodically load one onto your account... I've never had an issue with that.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Like any transaction.. online or not... You better check your statement frequently and also report anything to them.. Not just with Apple transactions, but any online company.. Apple is not at fault.. Nor are you... But thousands of cards and online accounts get compromised everyday in this world....

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Never said it was apples fault. I am not overly concerned with security. I simply asked if anyone has had this issue.

It was through apple. Be it online or what not I am not sure just asking if anyone has had this issue. Like I said above several people I know have had this issue via apple iTunes etc.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing linked to my iTunes acct period. Not a credit card especially and when I make a purchase through iTunes I use my CC and once completed I remove it until next time.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh I have 2 factor authentication and an 18 character password. I have no idea how it happened but I will never link a CC to iTunes again.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what 2 factor is but I have my bank card linked and never had a issue

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I've never had any issues with giving my credit card to any company.

You got phished/smished/spear-phished in some way.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with their credit cards and apple? I have and know a few others that have had their credit card information taken from having cards linked to apple. I found this out after contacting my bank.

I?ve never had an issue with my credit card/debit card attached to my iTunes account... but I removed all cards about 6 months ago in order to control spending - my wife is constantly buying iPad games for the grandkids to play. I use iTunes gift cards, and just keep a small balance on my account. Typically, I purchase $50 iTunes gift cards... when my balance falls below about $10, I just add a new card to my account. No muss, no fuss, no worries.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iTunes is very safe. That said, there are always ways to further secure your account...I've never personally had a problem in the many years I've used a CC directly connected to iTunes, nor has my wife or anyone in my family. We don't represent the full spectrum, but i can tell you that with all the safe guards out there from the level that Apple gives all the way to your personal bank or credit card company...there's ZERO reason to be worried about hooking your account to iTunes.

If you want to truly worry about something, worry about the companies that still freely use your SS# as a means of identification...THIS is something you should focus on if you want to secure your life as best as possible. Buy social security guards before you put too much effort in iTunes security.

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not even saying its iTunes it's just weird how mine my wife's and a few people I know all have had issues via something or other connected to iTunes in the past two weeks.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I discovered...something on my last statement that looked like unauthorized purchases at iTunes. My kids are always buying stuff at iTunes and forgetting so it is possible that happened here. Apple is going to email all the purchase receipts for the last year so that I can evaluate and figure out what is going on. I am not overly concerned but they have been most helpful as I try to work it out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods