What is your current favorite feature of your iOS device?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We're not talking about what you want in the next OS, or the next piece of hardware, but what you like best about what you have in your hot little hands right now.

I like the weight and solid feel to my iPhone. It doesn't feel cheap or plastic, and there's no question that I have something special in my hands.

​I like the size of my iPad mini - it's what the iPad should have been from the start. I can hold it to read for hours, and don't need to use both hands.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The camera. By far the best phone camera I've had. In fact, when I was at the races last weekend, it did a much better job than my more expensive digital camera of taking pics of the cars as they crossed the start/finish line in front of me. I've always been frustrated trying to take good pics of the cars as they went by. Pretty much every pic I took with my iPhone 5 was perfect.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I, too, like the feel and build quality of my iPhone, however, I believe my favorite feature of the iPhone is probably the pull down notifications and the Tap to tweet feature.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The camera. By far the best phone camera I've had. In fact, when I was at the races last weekend, it did a much better job than my more expensive digital camera of taking pics of the cars as they crossed the start/finish line in front of me. I've always been frustrated trying to take good pics of the cars as they went by. Pretty much every pic I took with my iPhone 5 was perfect.

Have to agree, I like the way the phone is solid, and works when you need it to. But the camera is awesome.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 - and my favorite feature is the screen. Love it. I can never see any pixels. Very clear text in the browser. 2nd place goes to the keyboard. It's the best mobile keyboard out there, IMO.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I love how easy my iPhone 5 is to use one-handed. My thumb can reach what it needs to reach and I can text easily.

My mini is my new best friend. I take it everywhere, and the right mix of portability and use is awesome. It's tiny enough to fit in my handbag but big enough that I can read without my glasses.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My reason is going to sound stupid,but I like that I can do everything from my iPhone. I no longer need a PC for anything. I do my banking, bill paying, picture taking, etc. right from this device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love that it just works...having grown up in the early days of cell phones (and pagers, lol), i remember having phones that just didn't work worth a crap (many of them Blackberry's lol). Anything from freeze ups to the necessity to pull a battery and restart it, getting lost in redundant menus, having features that just didn't work (early days of mp3 storage on phones was a very testing time).

When i pick up my iPhone, I know that it's going to work, the little issues I've had over the last 5+ years are insignificant, and standing behind it is the best customer service in the business.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I like many things about my iPhone and iPad. But what I like the most is how my devices work so well with one another. I have Apple TV and to be able to play something on my phone and project it to my tv screen with such ease is awesome. I also like that when I download something to my iPad that it goes to my iPhone as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
iPad - I like the retina display on a nearly 10" screen.
iPod touch - Perfect size for my use as a media and gaming device, and as a secondary mini tablet.
Apple TV - AirPlay!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Oooooooo the camera. Definitely up there at the top! I don't even carry a camera anymore - even on a trip where I know I'll be taking tons of photos.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I like everything stated here plus the App Store, and apps in general. I like not having to worry to much about permissions, worry to much if an app is going to run haywire in the background and drain my battery in 20 minutes. I am not near as afraid to try new apps knowing that by design they don't communicate with each other, and any permission to contacts and such is asked for in such a way that its not secretive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an ugly black case on my phone, looks are secondary. I'm a function over form kind of guy. If it's pretty and 'feels good' but doesn't perform, it's worthless.

I like the quick swipe up from the lock screen to enable the camera, which even works when it's passcode protected. I also like using the volume down key for taking pictures vs. fumbling for the on screen button.

I like the rock solid OS which very rarely has a hint of lag, much better over even Android 4.2.

The resolution on my iPad is absurd. I love it.

Battery life in this phone is great. 'Bad' battery life in this phone is still better than 'good' battery life on my old Android phone.

No "this app is not compatible with your device" messages when trying to download an app.

I like the implementation of Photo Stream. Google has tried something similar with Instant Upload tied into Google Plus, but it's not as well integrated and seamless as Photo Stream.

The location history of photos, letting you sort photos by what city you were in, is absolute genius.

iMessage is really nice when you also have an iPad to send/receive texts with as well.

Facetime is also very well implemented in how easily accessible it is.

Siri, despite not being perfect, is still very good. I use it a lot for setting reminders and alarms, and quick check of the weather in the morning as I'm getting ready for work. The speed is not up to par with Google's implementation, but hopefully it will be improved down the road.

I also like the fact that Google readily makes their services available to a competing platform, making a heavy Google user able to choose between either phone and not feel cut off.

The use of gestures on the iPad is very well done.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Oooooooo the camera. Definitely up there at the top! I don't even carry a camera anymore - even on a trip where I know I'll be taking tons of photos.

Amen to this. And the best part is, i live with an absolute camera SNOB (my wife) because of the nature of her career, and we have probably $20k+ worth of camera equipment in our house at any given time...but for those every day moments that don't require a $3,000 Canon 5D all kitted out, the iPhone 5 more than works. She actually started using hers for location scouting, where as before they would carry around bulky SLR's and the like, and they have on the fly communication with the iPhone so it pulls double duty for sending the pics.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My favorite feature is the Silent Mode switch. I had a Palm Treo back in the day and I loved that feature. I missed it until I got an iPhone 5.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I love my ipad mini, the size and weight of it.

My ip5 is no longer my daily driver, so what I enjoy from it the most right now is its app selection.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Even though I have a 4S which I love the form factor fits me and overall in a little over a year it has been trouble free but since I don't want to get off topic, My favorite feature is the phone, iMesaage and my favorite app notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen